Layman's Interlinear Greek NT

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 12:33:24 PDT 2012

*August 4, 2012*

 *2012-08-04 - Transliterated Greek “Outlined Interlinear New Testament”*

 *To Readers with formal education in the Greek Text.*

 *I appreciate your problem, and for all who formally took Greek in Bible
College or Seminary as I have done.*

 *But as we are well aware, over 90% of Bible students have not had this
privilege. And through the Greek transliteration - they can pick up
painlessly a considerable amount of Greek vocabulary, and learn how to make
greater use of Strong’s Concordance, especially his “Greek Dictionary of
the New Testament”. *

 *I have used the “Berlitz” method of transliteration for our text. The 3
types of Greek accents are capitalized, with consonants starting each
syllable.*

 *So this Interlinear is designed for Laymen, not Greek students and
scholars*

 *The Lord willing, we will be publishing the normal type of Interlinear
for Greek students and scholars, and I am fully in favor for this being
done.*

 *However - a number of Greek students and scholars have informed me, that
as they are using the E-book format for this Outlined Interlinear NT, they
are now picking up the transliteration with distinct blessing.*

 *Back in the 60’s I typed up the entire English text of Ivan Panin, and
copied by hand in Greek his Bible Numeric text, outlining them both
according to his discovery of the Bible Numeric sentence and paragraph
structure.*

 *I had to await the computer age to put this Interlinear on a laptop.
There are some 20 divergences for this text and the normal format for a
Greek NT interlinear.*

 *I apologize for this, but a friend and scholar is already preparing for
the publication of the normal format for a Greek Interlinear.*

 *I have become so accustomed to the Berlitz method of transliteration,
that I now move freely between this and the regular Greek text. I do not
urge others to do the same, but numbers are following my example without
being aware of it.*

 *So bless all those of you who have shared with me your difficulty in
handling the above transliteration. All I can say is - hang in there - and
hopefully we will provide for scholars the classical type of a Greek
Interlinear New Testament.*

 *Your friend - Jim Watt*

 *P.S. - The above Interlinear text is about to be published. You can find
out the date and ordering information from <www.BTJohnsonPublishing.com>. I
understand it will be coming out in E-book under Kindle or a like
publisher. JW*