Galatians 2:10-2:21

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 10:50:27 PST 2013

February 4, 2013

 *AUG 29 - GALATIANS 1:10-2:21 - PAUL’S GOSPEL*

 *1. 1:11-12 (1:10-12, ESV) PAUL’S GOSPEL: BY REVELATION. “But I make known
to you, brethren, as to the gospel which was preached by me, that it is not
after man. 12 For neither did I receive it from man, nor was I taught it,
but through revelation of Jesus Christ.” *Father, the Good News of the
Kingdom of God as preached by Paul is by grace through faith, not of works!
And this Kingdom of Good News is a revelation from You. *Hallowed be your
:name.*

 *2. 1:15-16 (1:13-2:2) PAUL’S GOSPEL: ITS BACKGROUND THROUGH PAUL. “But
when it was God’s good pleasure who separated me from my mother’s womb and
called me through his :grace, 16 to reveal his :Son in me, that I preach
him among the nations; straightway I conferred not with flesh and
blood.” *Father,
here we see Paul as our example, doing the will of God. Paul said, Follow
me, as I follow Christ. We commit ourselves to his example. * **Your
:kingdom come.*

 *3. 2:8 (2:3-10) PAUL’S GOSPEL: PARTICULARLY FOR THE UNCIRCUMCISION. “(for
who worked for Peter unto apostleship of the circumcision worked for me
also unto the*

*nations);” *To the Gentiles O Father, You met their needs in Paul! You *
always* meet the total needs of Your people! *Your :will be done, As in
heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 2:11-12 (2:11-14) PAUL’S GOSPEL: PROTECTED FROM PETER. “But when
Cephas came to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was
condemned. 12 For before that certain came from James, he ate with the
nations; but when they came, he drew back and separated himself, fearing the
m of the circumcision.” *Father, forgive us the sin of the fear of man. We
replace it with *Your* fear Father, for You are a *Jealous* God: Jealous
for Your Name, Your Son, Your Holy Spirit, Your Word, Your Fear! *Our
:daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 2:16 (2:15-19) PAUL’S GOSPEL: PROTECTS FAITH FROM WORKS. “Yet knowing
that a man is not justified by works of law except through faith in Jesus
Christ, even we :believed unto Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by
faith in Christ, and not by works of law: because by works of law shall no
flesh be justified.” *Father, we receive Christ’s faith as *our* faith. We
commit ourselves to the Exchanged Life! Lord Jesus - we make *You* our
Lord! *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 2:20. PAUL’S GOSPEL: EXEMPLIFIED BY CHRIST IN HIM. “I have been
crucified with Christ; and no longer I live, but Christ lives in me: and
what I now live in the flesh I live by faith which is in the Son of :God,
who loved me, and gave himself up for me.” *Hallelujah! Here Father we see
the possibility and reality of the Exchanged Life in Christ! Here is our
victory! Here we overcome! *And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 2:21. PAUL’S GOSPEL: EXALTS GRACE. “I make not void the grace of :God:
for if righteousness is through law, then Christ died for nothing.” *O
Father, how gladly and thankfully we avail ourselves of Your Gospel of
grace in Christ! For this, Your Name is worthy to be praised. *But deliver
us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 1:10 (1:10-12) PAUL’S GOSPEL: HONORING TO GOD SUPREMELY! **“For
am I now seeking men’s favor, or God’s? or am I seeking to please men? if I
were still pleasing men, I should not be Christ’s bondman.” *The pride of
man O Father, despises Your Good News of the Kingdom of God by *grace alone*.
Thank You Father, that in the Gospel, Paul pleased You and not us!

 *C.H. Spurgeon Quotes: “Succeed” - *No man ever succeeds in anything who
does not give himself wholly to it: it matters not what it is,
concentration is essential to perfection in any pursuit. He who would be
eminent in any one direction must forego a great many other things which
are perfectly allowable; those he must renounce for the sake of his one
object. He will not succeed unless he sacrifices all other things to the
one chief thing.

 *Our Psalm for the day: 59:16 (59, ESV). DELIVER ME FROM MY ENEMIES. “But
I will sing of your strength; I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in
the morning. For you have been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of
my distress.” *And as David did not have Saul triumph over him, neither
shall we have self-will and pride triumph over us! *Hallowed be your :name!
*

 Whom God preserves, Satan cannot destroy. The Lord can even preserve the
lives of His prophets by the very ravens that would naturally pick out
their eyes. David always found a friend to help him when his case was
peculiarly dangerous, and that friend was in his enemy’s household; in this
instance it was Michal, Saul’s daughter, as on former occasions it had been
Jonathan, Saul’s son. “Michtam of David.” This is the fifth of the Golden
Secrets of David: God’s chosen people have many such.

 c. 10:17* The faith therefore is by hearing, and :hearing by Christ’s
word. *

Ara h*e* PIStis ex a-ko*E*S, h*e* de a-ko*E* diA 'R*E*ma-tos [4487]
ChrisTOU.

 Romans 10:16-21 spells out “God’s Strategy” for the Gospel as it applies
specifically to Israel. The majority of Israel refused to hear the Gospel
in Jesus - yet there was a remnant whose hearts opened to God’s message:
the apostle Paul was one of these.

 Israel could read the Gospel promises in the Old Testament and entirely
miss the “thrust” of God. But when God by His Spirit caused the written
“LOgos-word” to be transformed into the living, spoken “R*E*ma-word” - then
faith would grow, and Jesus would be seen as the promised Messiah, who came
in Jehovah’s Name! Jesus made this real to Paul on the Damascus Road!

 Now apply this to “God’s Medicine Bottle” in Proverbs 4:20-22 - as
revealed to Derek Prince in World War II in Africa. He wondered - How can
faith come to cause these 3 verses to work? And the Spirit then gave him
Romans 10:17 - Faith *grows* when the LOgos-word is transformed into the R*E
*ma-word by meditation! To make use of the “Outlined Interlinear New
Testament” based on God’s Bible Numerics as revealed to Ivan Panin in 1890
- is a simple and practical method to effect this. Check out *<
www.OutlinedInterlinear.com> *to see how you can obtain this either in book
or “E-book” form.

 In 2005, two years following the death of Derek Prince, Stephen Mansfield
wrote his biography. In it he recounts Prince’s experience with “God’s
Medicine Bottle”. This biography could be one of your most valuable library
possessions. Here’s what Mansfield says concerning it. *“**Derek Prince - a
Biography** is not just a preacher puff piece. This is a down-and-dirty,
cut-to-the-chase biography of a great man in our time. Many of the truths
we now enjoy freely - like breaking generational curses and deliverance -
were largely pioneered in the West by Derek. I think he will be remember**ed
** as a hero of spiritual renewal in the latter part of the twentieth
century.”*

 “*The honesty portrayed in Stephen Mansfield’s biography deeply affected
me as a Christian. I found myself overwhelmed and proud to have met this
great man in my lifetime.” *Phil Keaggy, Christian Artist

 “*Derek Prince was a pioneer and father of the faith to millions. Similar
to that of the prophet Elisha, his death has been a seed in the ground that
continues to breed life.” *Kim Daniels, Overseer, Spoken Word Ministries,
Jacksonville, Florida

 “*Derek Prince had an inner fortitude that was without limit. Derek was my
spiritual mentor and teacher in the field of spiritual warfare.” *John
Hagee, Senior Pastor, Cornerstone Church, San Antonio, Texas

 I, Jim Watt, first heard Derek Prince in 1963 in Seattle, Washington, and
felt it was more than worth-while to travel up early on a morning in
January from Portland to hear him. In 1964 at his request, I met with him 5
times for him to prepare me to take over his Seattle pastorate, so that he
could be released for a traveling and teaching ministry. His “Shaping
History through Prayer and Fasting”, and “The Marriage Covenant” have among
others of his books, challenged me. I encourage all readers who are
interested, to do a “Google-search” under “Derek Prince You-tube” - and
check out the dozens of teachings that are freely available to us there.
His biography by Stephen Mansfield can also be heard there, as well as his
teaching on “God’s Medicine Bottle”.