Ezekiel 25-32 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 14:30:33 PST 2013

January 24, 2013

 *AUG 23 - EZEKIEL 25-32 - JUDGMENT ON SEVEN ADJOINING NATIONS*

 *1. 25:14 (25, ESV) PROPHECIES: AGAINST AMMON, MOAB, EDOM AND PHILISTIA. “And
I will lay my vengeance upon Edom by the hand of my people Israel, and they
shall do in Edom according to my anger and according to my wrath, and they
shall know my vengeance, declares the Lord GOD.” *You are not mocked, O
Father: whatever men sow, they reap! Rebellion to Your Lordship inexorably
brings upon us judgment. *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *2. 26:14 (26-27) PROPHECIES: AGAINST TYRE. “I will make you a bare rock.
You shall be a place for the spreading of nets. You shall never be rebuilt,
for I am the LORD; I have spoken, declares the Lord GOD.” *How You know the
end from the beginning, O Jehovah! Therefore do we Your people submit to
You, and gladly desire Your will to be manifested. *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 28:15 (28:1-19) PROPHECIES: AGAINST BOTH EARTHLY AND ANGELIC TYRE. “You
were blameless in your ways from the day you were created, till
unrighteousness was found in you.” *O Father, Who symbolizes Lucifer by the
prince of Tyre; keep back Your servants from presumptuous sin. Keep us
humble and contrite of heart before You. May we not become proud like
Lucifer and Solomon in the face of great riches and glory. *Your :will be
done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 29:14 (28:20-29:14) PROPHECIES: AGAINST ZIDON AND EGYPT. “And I will
restore the fortunes of Egypt and bring them back to the land of Pathos,
the land of their origin, and there they shall be a lowly kingdom.” *We see
and acknowledge O Father, Your covenant love and faithfulness in forgiving
the sins of Egypt, and our sins. *Our :daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 30:24 (30) PROPHECIES: EGYPT IN THE DAY OF THE LORD. “And I will
strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and put my sword in his hand,
but I will break the arms of Pharaoh, and he will groan before him like a
man mortally wounded.” *But judgment must first come upon us before
deliverance. Father, You are with us when our pride has been humbled. *And
forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 31:11 (31) PROPHECIES: AGAINST PHARAOH. “I will give it (Egypt) into
the hand of a mighty one of the nations. He shall surely deal with it as
its wickedness deserves. I have cast it out.” *How faithful You are O
Father, in dealing with our sins and rebellion. You desire none to perish,
but all to come to repentance. And you unmask the evil in our lives. *And
bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 32:18 (32) PROPHECIES: THOSE IN SHEOL WITH EGYPT. “Son of man, wail
over the multitude of Egypt, and send them down, her and the daughters of
majestic nations, to the world below, to those who have gone down to the
pit.” *Your fear O Father, strikes our hearts as we contemplate Your
righteous judgment. In wrath remember mercy. *But deliver us from the evil
one.*

 *NOTE**: **C.H. Spurgeon Quotes: “Suffering For The Church”. *Every
sufferer who bears pain. or slander, or loss, or personal unkindness for
Christ’s sake, is filling up that amount of suffering which is necessary to
the bringing together of the whole body of Christ, and the upbuilding of
His elect Church.

 *Our Psalm for the Day: 53:1 (53) THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD. The fool
says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, doing abominable
iniquity; there is none who does good. *O Father, we accept this judgment
upon ourselves, our flesh: in our flesh dwells no good thing; only You in
us are good! *53:6 “Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion!
When God restores the fortunes of his people, let Jacob rejoice, let Israel
be glad.” *Salvation is in You O God, only in You! Without You, our
Creator, Redeemer and Sustainer, we would never make it!

 *Title: “To the Chief Musician.” *If the leader of the choir is privileged
to sing the jubilates of divine grace, he must not disdain to chant the
miseries of human depravity. This is the second time he has had the same
Psalm entrusted to him (see Psalm 14), and he must, therefore, be the more
careful in singing it. “Upon Mahalath.” The word “Mahalath” appears to
signify, in some forms of it, “disease,” and truly the Psalm is “The Song
of Man’s Disease” - the mortal, hereditary taint of sin. It is not a copy
of the Fourteenth Psalm emended and revised by a foreign hand; it is
another edition by the same author emphasized in certain parts and
rewritten for another purpose. *Subject: *The evil nature of man is
herebrought before our view a second time in almost the same inspired
words.
All repetitions are not vain repetitions. We are slow to learn and need
line upon line. David, after a long life, found men no better than they
were in his youth.

 53:1. *The fool has said in his heart, There is no God*. And this he does
because he is a fool. Being a fool, he speaks according to his nature;
being a great fool, he meddles with a great subject and comes to a wild
conclusion. The atheist is, morally as well as mentally, a fool, a fool in
the heart as well as in the head; a fool in morals as well as in
philosophy. With the denial of God as a starting-point, we may well
conclude that the fool’s progress is a rapid, riotous, raving, ruinous one.
He who begins at impiety is ready for anything. “No God,” being
interpreted, means no law, no order, no restraint to lust, no limit to
passion. *Corrupt are they. They are rotten. *It is idle to compliment them
as sincere doubters and amiable thinkers - they are putrid. There is too
much dainty dealing nowadays with atheism; it is not a harmless error, it
is an offensive, putrid sin, and righteous men should look upon it in that
light. All men being more or less atheistic in spirit are also in that
degree corrupt; their heart is foul, their moral nature is decayed. *And
have done abominable iniquity. *If all men are not outwardly vicious, it is
to be accounted for by the power of other and better principles, but left
to itself the “No God” spirit so universal in mankind would produce nothing
but the most loathsome actions. *There is none that does good. *The one
typical fool is reproduced in the whole race; without a single exception
men have forgotten the right way. This accusation twice made in the Psalm,
and repeated a third time by the inspired Apostle Paul, is an indictment
most solemn and sweeping, but He Who makes it cannot err, He knows what is
in man; neither will He lay more to man’s charge than He can prove.

 53:2. *God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if
there were any that did understand, that did seek God. *He did so in ages
past, and He has continued His steadfast gaze from His all-surveying
observatory. Had there been one understanding man, one true lover of his
God, the divine eye would have discovered him. Those pure heathens and
admirable savages that men talk so much of do not appear to have been
visible to the eye of Omniscience, the fact being that they live nowhere
but in the realm of fiction. The Lord did not look for great grace but only
for sincerity and right desire, but these He found not. He saw all nations,
and all men in all nations, and all hearts in all men, and all motions of
all hearts, but He saw neither a clear head nor a clean heart among them
all. Where God’s eyes see no favorable sign we may rest assured there is
none.

 53:3. *There is none that does good, no, not one. *The fallen race of man,
left to its own energy, has not produced a single lover of God or doer of
holiness, nor will it ever do so. Grace must interpose or not one specimen
of humanity will be found to follow after the good and true. This is God's
verdict after looking down upon the race. Who shall gainsay it?

 53:5. *There were they in great fear, where no fear was. *David sees the
end of the ungodly and the ultimate triumph of the spiritual seed. The
rebellious march in fury against the gracious, but suddenly they are seized
with a causeless panic. The once fearless boasters tremble like the leaves
of the aspen, frightened at their own shadows. In this sentence and this
verse, this Psalm differs much from the fourteenth. *(From “The Treasury of
David” by C.H. Spurgeon, abridged by D.O. Fuller)*