1 Corinthians 15 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 12:41:36 PST 2012

December 29, 2012

 *JUL 29 - 1 CORINTHIANS 15 - RESURRECTION UNDERSTANDING*

 *1. 15:3-5a (15:1-11, NNT) RESURRECTION: A BASIC TO THE GOSPEL. “For I
delivered to you among first things what also I received: that Christ died
for our :sins according to the scriptures; 4 and that he was buried; and
that he has been raised on the third: day according to the scriptures; 5a and
that he was seen of Cephas; then of the twelve; thereupon was seen of above
five hundred brethren at once. *Father, You were in Christ reconciling the
world to Yourself. You planned this whole plan of Redemption. Christ
willingly and joyfully fulfilled Your will! *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 15:19 (15:12-19) RESURRECTION: IMPORTANCE AS IT RELATES TO FAITH. “If
we have in this :life only hoped in Christ, we are of all men rather
pitiable.” *This is *Your* estimate of this life and the next, Father! The
next is far better! Paul by the Spirit said so. We declare this as truth,
and proclaim it as so. *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 15:21-22 (15:20-28) RESURRECTION: IMPORTANCE OF CHRIST RISING FIRST! “For
since by man is death, by man is also resurrection of the dead. 22 For as
in :Adam all die, so also in the Christ shall all be made alive.” *We
rejoice Father, in *Jesus*! Lord Jesus, we rejoice in You! O Your Majesty,
in all You have done for us in Christ, Father! *Your :will be done, As in
heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 15:33-34 (15:29-34) RESURRECTION: SERIOUSNESS OF FALSE TEACHING ON
THIS SUBJECT. “Be not deceived: Evil companionships corrupt good
morals. 34 Awake
to soberness righteously, and sin not; for some have no knowledge of God: I
speak to shame you.” *Forgive us Father in Jesus’ Name, for so often living
on such a low, darkened, self-deceived plane! We shake off our lethargy,
and rise up as men and women of God! *Our :daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 15:45 (15:35-49) RESURRECTION: UNDERSTOOD THROUGH NATURAL AND
SPIRITUAL ORDER. “So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living
soul. The last Adam a life-giving spirit.” *Hallelujah! Yes Father, we are
quickened by You in Christ by Your Spirit, because of the marvelous new
state of Jesus in His Resurrection! Let us fully assimilate the fullness of
the revelation of truth. *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have
forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 15:57 (15:50-57) RESURRECTION: ITS ORDER AND VICTORY. “But thanks be
to :God, who gives us the victory through our :Lord Jesus Christ.” *Death
is overcome! Sin is overcome! The old law of commandments through flesh is
overcome! You have made us more than conquerors Father, through Christ!
Hallelujah! All praise be unto You, Jehovah Father! *And bring us not into
temptation!*

 *7. 15:58. RESURRECTION: ITS PRACTACAL RESULTS. “Wherefore, my beloved
brethren, be steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the
Lord, knowing that your :toil is not vain in the Lord.” *Yes Father, the
hope of the resurrection enables us to fulfill this. We were resurrected in
the spirit. Our soul is in the process of resurrection renewal. Our body *will
be* like Jesus’ glorious Resurrection body! *But deliver us from the evil
one!*

 *NOTE**: 15:28 (15:20-28). RESURRECTION: ITS ULTIMATE COMPLETION! **“And
when all the things have been subjected to him, then also the Son shall
himself be subjected to him that did subject all the things to him, that
:God be all in all.” *Father, we receive this summation! Jesus has! We do!

 *Our Psalm for the day: 29:11 (29, ESV) ASCRIBE TO THE LORD GLORY! “May
the LORD give strength to his people! May the LORD bless his people with
peace!” *Father, This is the day *You* have made; we will rejoice and be
glad in it. Lord Jesus, we invite You in Your Resurrection life to *reign
in us*! Father, we see You in Christ reconciling the world to
Yourself. *Hallowed
be your name!*

 *C. H. Spurgeon Quotes: *Whether you are Calvinists, or Arminians, or
anything else, dear friends, be first and chiefly Christians - Christians -
following Christ, receiving him as the great Expositor to you of God, and
of the great truths of revelation. You will tell me you have your “bodies
of divinity;” there never was but one “body of divinity,” and that was the
“body” of man, Christ Jesus; do you, abating all prejudices and self-formed
opinions, receive our Lord as the embodiment of truth!

 *Psalm 29. *This Psalm is meant to express the glory of God as heard in
the pealing thunder. The verses march to the tune of thunderbolts. True
ministers are sons of thunder, and the voice of God in Christ Jesus is full
of majesty. Thus we have God’s works and God’s Word joined together!

 29:1. *Give unto the Lord. *Neither man nor angels can confer anything
upon Jehovah, but they should recognize His glory and might. Natural
causes, as men call them, are God in action, and we must not ascribe power
to them.

 29:2. *Give unto the Lord the glory due unto His Name. *A third time the
admonition is given, for men are backward in glorifying God, and especially
great men. Unbelief and distrust, complaining and murmuring, rob God of His
honor.

 29:3. *The glory of God thunders. *Thunder is in truth no mere electric
phenomenon but is caused by the interposition of God Himself. Electricity
of itself can do nothing; it must be called and sent upon its errand: and
until the Almighty Lord commissions it, its bolt of fire is inert and
powerless. As well might a rock of granite or a bar of iron fly in the
midst of heaven as the lightning go without being sent by the Great First
Cause.

 29:4. *The voice of the Lord is powerful. *As the voice of God in nature
is so powerful, so is it in grace; the reader will do well to draw a
parallel, and he will find much in the Gospel which may be illustrated by
the thunder of the Lord in the tempest. See that you refuse not Him that
speaks. If His voice be thus mighty, what must His hand be!

 29:9. *The voice of the Lord makes the hinds to calve. *Our first parents
sought a refuge among the trees but the voice of the Lord soon found them
out and made their hearts to tremble. The gospel has a like revealing power
in dark hearts and bids the soul tremble before the Lord.

 29:11. *The Lord will give strength unto His people; the Lord will bless
His people with peace. *Power was displayed in the hurricane whose course
this Psalm so grandly pictures; in the cool calm after the storm, that
power is promised to be the strength of the chosen. (*From “The Treasury of
David” by C.H. Spurgeon, Abridged by D.O. Fuller)*