Romans 16:25-27 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 10:42:34 PST 2012

November 14, 2012

 *JUL 2 - ROMANS 16:25-27 - GLORY TO GOD FOR JUSTIFICATION*

 *1. 16:25a (NNT) GOSPEL: POWER TO ESTABLISH. “Now to the one able to
establish you according to my :gospel and the preaching of Jesus
Christ,” *Father,
we acknowledge that the Good News that Paul preached about Jesus Christ, is
the *true* Gospel. We declare without compromise that Jesus *is* the
Gospel, and that *He* is mediated by His blood and the Holy Spirit. We
release Your Gospel of the Kingdom in us this day! *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *2. 16:25b GOSPEL: UNTIL CHRIST - WAS A MYSTERY. “according to revelation
of the mystery kept silent through the times of ages,” *Father, only
through a revelation of the mystery of the Gospel, can we understand it.
Your Holy Spirit in us in His fullness, teaches us and grants us
understanding to comprehend this. By an act of faith we release You blessed
Holy Spirit, to show us our inheritance in Christ Jesus (John 16:14). *Your
:kingdom come!*

 *3. 16:26a GOSPEL MYSTERY: NOW REVEALED. “but now is manifested, and
through the prophetic scriptures,” *Father, we are no longer in darkness
concerning the *mystery* of Christ in the Gospel of the Kingdom! Your Holy
Spirit witnesses this truth in our hearts according to Your Word! Through
this revelation, You meet our need daily - both spiritually and naturally.
Praise be unto You, O God! *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 16:26b GOSPEL: REVEALED BY PROPHETIC COMMAND. “according to
commandment of the eternal God,” *Father, it is according to Your will that
we walk in this grace; it is now Your time for us to understand and
experience Your grace. Through the Finished Atoning Work of Your Son - You
have granted us full forgiveness of sin through Adam, and our individual
sins through Christ as our Trespass Offering. Praise be unto You, O God! *Our
:daily :bread Give us this day!*

 *5. 16:26c GOSPEL MYSTERY: NOW OPEN TO NATIONS. “is made known unto all
the nations unto obedience of faith:” *You end Father, where You begin. You
are the Alpha and Omega. When we receive the gift of repentance and faith,
it is that we might obey You according to Your word and Spirit. No
anti-nomianism here! We praise You Father, for this experience of obedience
according to faith. We embrace it. *And forgive us our :debts, As we also
have forgiven our :debtors!*

 *6. 16:27a GOSPEL: GLORY TO GOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST. “to the only wise
God, through Jesus Christ, to whom the glory unto the ages.” *Father, we
acknowledge You as the only wise God; we acknowledge that we can only
glorify You this way through the all-powerful, redeeming blood of Christ.
Only through the gift of the Holy Spirit Who follows the blood, have we
insight and strength to praise You. *And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 16:27b AMEN! TO GOSPEL BLESSING. “Amen.” *We heartily agree with this
epistle. We concur completely that here, Your way of man becoming righteous
is laid out. We see clearly that we are not only legally righteous through
the blood, but we are *vitally* righteous through the Holy Spirit. We are
the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21). *But deliver us
from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: **Psalm 2:6-8 (2, ESV) GOD’S DECREE FOR HIS SON! “As for me, I
have set my King on Zion, my holy hill.” 7 I will tell of the decree: The
LORD said to me, “You are my Son; today I have begotten you. 8 Ask of me,
and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your
possession.” *O the mystery in You Father, and in your Son, and in Your
Spirit. Father, You are our Great Jehovah, and have given Your Name to
Jesus: *Jehovah* the Savior! What a fitting ending to this epistle. How
worthy Christ is to receive this promise. How full of grace that He shares
it with us as Heirs of You Father, and Joint-heirs with Himself!

 Spurgeon says - “We shall not greatly err in our summary of this sublime
Psalm if we call it ‘The Psalm of Messiah The Prince,’ for it sets forth,
as in a wondrous vision, the tumult of the people against the Lord’s
anointed, the determinate purpose of God to exalt His own Son, and the
ultimate reign of that Son over all His enemies.

 “This decree is directly in conflict with the device of man, for its tenor
is the establishment of the very dominion against which the nations are
raving.

 “The dispute concerning the eternal filiation of our Lord betrays more of
presumptuous curiosity than of reverent faith. It is an attempt to explain
where it is far better to adore. We could give rival expositions of this
verse, but we forbear. The controversy is one of the most unprofitable
which ever engaged the pens of theologians.

 “In the First Psalm, we saw the wicked driven away like chaff; in the
Second Psalm, we see them broken in pieces like a potter’s vessel. In the
First Psalm, we beheld the righteous like a tree planted by the rivers of
water; and here, we contemplate Christ the Covenant Head of the righteous,
made better than a tree planted by the rivers of water, for He is made King
of all the islands, and all the heathen bow before Him and kiss the dust;
while He Himself gives a blessing to all those who put their trust in Him.”