Romans 9-11 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 11:04:03 PST 2012

November 12, 2012

 *JUN 30 - ROMANS 9-11 - RELATIONSHIP OF ISRAEL & GENTILES TO JUSTIFICATION*

 *1. 9:4-5 (9:1-13, NNT) ISRAEL: BY PRINCIPLE OF THE REMNANT. “Who are
Israelites; whose is the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and
the giving of the law, and the worship, and the promises; 5 whose are the
fathers, and of whom is the Christ as concerning the flesh, who is over
all, God blessed unto the ages. Amen.” *We join Paul in praying for a
nation to be born in a day. *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 9:16 (9:14-29) ISRAEL: PICTURE OF GOD’S SOVEREIGNTY! “So then it is
:not of him that wills, nor of him that runs, but of God that has
mercy.” *Lord,
let us not forget that we were dead in trespasses and sins, and You spoke a
word of mercy, “Let him live!” and then the gift of repentance and faith
and life entered into us! Like Israel in Ezekiel 37, we owe *all* to You.
Lord: the Father entered into us! We owe all to You. All that the Father
gives to Me shall come to Me! Lord: the Father gave us, and we have come,
and You have received us! *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 9:30 (9:30-33) ISRAEL: FAILED IN RIGHTEOUSNESS APART FROM FAITH. “What
shall we say then? That the nations, who followed not after righteousness,
apprehended righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.” *Jesus,
You are the Good News of the Kingdom, and we have not stumbled at You. The
Father granted us the gift of repentance and faith. O let Israel’s eyes be
opened, and be grafted back into the Root! *Your :will be done, As in
heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 10:9 (10:1-15) ISRAEL: SHOWN TRUE WAY OF FAITH. “Because if you shall
confess the word with your :mouth that Jesus is Lord, and shall believe in
your :heart that :God raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.” *We
return thanks unto You Father, and praise Your holy Name; for through this
word we entered into Your Kingdom. We submitted unto Your righteousness,
the righteousness of God in Messiah by faith. *Our :daily :bread Give us
this day!*

 *5. 11:12 (10:16-11:12) ISRAEL’S REMNANT: HAS FAITH IN REMA-WORD. “Now if
their :trespass is riches of a world, and their :loss riches of nations,
how much more their :fullness?” *Lord, we see resurrection life in fullness
in the church coming from the fullness of Israel. O may we see
anti-Semitism and blinding in the church to these truths - as deception
from the enemy, and ungratefulness on our part! *And forgive us our :debts,
As we also have forgiven our :debtors!*

 *6. 11:15 (11:13-24) ISRAEL: TEMPORARILY CUT OFF FOR GENTILES. “For if the
casting away of them is a reconciling of a world, what is their receiving
but life from the dead?” **Reconciliation* - through Jesus our
Peace-Offering! *Reconciliation* - made possible by the temporary cutting
off of Israel. Restoration of Israel: life from among the dead for all of
us! *And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 11:28-29 (11:25-36) ISRAEL: TO BE RESTORED WITH GENTILES. “As to the
gospel, they are enemies for your sake: but as to the election, they are
beloved for the fathers’ sake. 29 For the gifts and the calling of :God are
not repented of.” *Israel is *still* beloved for Abraham, Isaac and Jacob’s
sake. Father, do we share this truth? Do we perceive this revelation? Does
the spirit of Nazism still pollute our souls? Lord, we *reject* Satan’s
lies. We choose to pray the prayer of the Holy Spirit through Paul. *But
deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 10:16-17 (10:16-11:12) THE NATURE OF THE R**EMA-WORD! “But they
did not all listen to the gospel. For Isaiah says, Lord, who has believed
our :report? 17 The faith therefore is by hearing, and :hearing by Christ’s
word.” *We should follow the example of the 4 lepers in Elisha’s day!

 Some have thought and taught that these 3 chapters to be a parenthesis. *Not
so*! These 3 chapters are the very *heart* of the teaching on
“Justification by Faith”! Except God had in His Wisdom and Foreknowledge
temporarily taken Israel out of His chosen position for her, we Gentiles
would not have been grafted into their Roots! But - He *did* take this
drastic action from our point of view, and whether we are aware of it or
not - our blessing in the Church is based on the temporary exclusion of
Israel from this favored position.

 And if we as Gentiles see and are aware of God’s great blessing toward us
at the temporary expense of Israel, then what can we do to show our
thanksgiving both to God and to them? According to the Holy Spirit through
Paul in Romans 11, in humility we can pray that the fullness of the
Gentiles might soon take place, and that then in mercy God can return to
His promises to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. For when He grafts Israel back
into their roots, and a nation is born in a day - *then* blessings to
Gentiles and Jews together in the “One New Man” will increase beyond all
human conception!

 Derek Prince most clearly saw this whole unfolding panorama in his day!

 Let us read again these three chapters. We should especially meditate upon
Romans chapter 11. In 1991 in Yelm, Washington, I heard an Egyptian newly
arrived in Canada for his life’s safety - as a witness to Jesus. He had
many relatives lose their lives through the various wars in the past
between Israel and the Arab neighbors, especially in Egypt. God asked him,
“Would you be willing to seek to win Jews to Me - and pray for their
redemption?” “Of course not,” he replied, “in the light of what they have
done against me!” But God persisted - “Yet because you are Mine, and you
can see My promises in Romans 11 on their behalf, - would you not
reconsider your reply?”

 This young medical doctor reconsidered. He allowed God to *own* him -
rather then *rent* him. God then gave him a *love* for the Jews, and he won
many of them into the Kingdom of God.

 I was deeply moved by the above testimony, and have ever since seen Romans
9-11 in a clearer light.

 *Our chapters from Proverbs today: 30:5-6 (30-31, ESV) THE WORDS OF AGUR &
KING LEMUEL. “Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who
take refuge in him. 6 Do not add to his words, lest he rebuke you and you
be found a liar.” *Yes Father, we join in declaring Your Word to be *pure*,
and not to be added to! We agree and add our Amen to all that you have
spoken. You and Your Word are *one*! *Hallowed be your :name!*