2 Kings 23:30b-25:30

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 12:59:04 PST 2012

November 7, 2012

 *JUN 25 - 2 KINGS 23:30b-25:30 - JUDAH FALLS*

 *1. 23:32 (23:30b-35) JEHOAHAZ (SEVENTEENTH): SUCCEEDED BY JEHOIAKIM*

*(EIGHTEENTH). “And Jehoahaz did what was evil in the sight of the LORD,
according to all that his fathers had done.” *You used the Egyptians
Father, to judge Jehoahaz, the son of Josiah. Men are Your instruments to
execute Your judgments. In Your Kingdom, its principles can obtain
realization through many sources! *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 24:3-4 (23:36-24:7) JEHOIAKIM: FIRST DEPORTATION TO BABYLON. “Surely
this came upon Judah at the command of the LORD, to remove them out of his
sight, for the sins of Manasseh, according to all that he had done, 4 and
also for the innocent blood that he had shed. For he filled Jerusalem with
innocent blood, and the LORD would not pardon.” *The healing of the land:
how important in Your sight, Father! *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 24:14 (24:8-16) JEHOIACHIN (NINETEENTH): SECOND DEPORTATION.
“Nebuchadnezzar
carried away all Jerusalem and all the officials and all the mighty men of
valor, 10,000 captives, and all the craftsmen and the smiths. None
remained, except the poorest people of the land.” *Daniel could have been
one of the prisoners from this deportation. In the midst of Your judgments
Father, still - Your mercy! *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 24:20 (24:17-20) ZEDEKIAH (TWENTIETH): REBELS AGAINST BABYLON. “For
because of the anger of the LORD it came to the point in Jerusalem and
Judah that he cast them out from his presence. And Zedekiah rebelled
against the king of Babylon.” *How foolish man becomes in his sinful state.
O forgive us Father, that we forsake our own mercies in our rebellion and
foolishness! *Our :daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 25:9-10 (25:1-10) ZEDEKIAH: JERUSALEM BESIEGED AND TEMPLE DESTROYED. “And
Nebuzaradan, the captain of the bodyguard, a servant of the king of
Babylon, came to Jerusalem. 9 And he burned the house of the LORD and the
king’s house and all the houses of Jerusalem; every great house he burned
down.” *Judah could not believe You would ever permit this to Your Temple,
Father. O lead us not into the temptation of trusting in Your Ark and
Temple as objects of magic! *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have
forgiven our :debtors!*

 *6. 25:13 (25:11-26) GEDALIAH GOVERNOR: THIRD AND FINAL DEPORTATION. “And
the pillars of bronze that were in the house of the LORD, and the stands
and the bronze sea that were in the house of the LORD, the Chaldeans broke
in pieces and carried the bronze to Babylon.” *Tragedy rolls upon tragedy.
Now Jachin and Boaz, the Temple pillars, are gone. From the human vantage
point, all is gone. But from Your perspective Father, Your Kingdom purposes
are being furthered! *And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 25:27 (25:27-30) JEHOIACHIN: RELEASED FROM PRISON IN BABYLON. “And in
the thirty-seventh year of the exile of Jehoiachin king of Judah, in the
twelfth month, on the twenty-seventh day of the month, Evil-merodach king
of Babylon, in the year that he began to reign, graciously freed Jehoiachin
king of Judah from prison.” *What extraordinary grace! *But deliver us from
the evil one!*

 *25:24 (25:11-26) GEDALIAH: WORD OF ENCOURAGEMENT. And Gedaliah swore to
them and their men, saying, “Do not be afraid because of the Chaldean
officials. Live in the land and serve the king of Babylon, and it shall be
well with you.” *Even these wise words were not heeded!

 See the above section of 2 Kings 23:30b to 25:30. Here God in His mercy
permitted Egypt and Babylon to bring judgment on His people Judah. After 70
years, through the prayers of Daniel, God permitted some 50,000 captives to
return to Jerusalem and their land - to rebuild God’s Temple and prepare
for the coming of His Son some 4 centuries later.

 *Remember* - God is *still* on His Throne, and Our Lord Jesus Christ at
His right hand! *He* is in control, not Obama! After God used Babylon to
judge and purify His people, He *then* judged and removed Babylon! Until
the 70 years of God’s judgment on Israel took place - the Jews were to pray
for Nebuchadnezzar and Babylon. Their peace would be Jewish peace!

 We too - until we *learn* from God’s permitted judgment - are to pray for
President Obama, and peace in our land. One day - in the not too distant
future, Jesus will return as Lord of lords, King of kings and President of
presidents! Believe it! Profit from this time! Daniel did - under
*three*empires! May God bless us with Wisdom, Understanding, Patience
and
Perseverance!

 In 2008 I wrote that Obama was God’s judgment on America to bring us back
to our senses and our foundations. Abortion, gay unions, foolish judicial
decisions - these were but three such - 4 years ago - that God through
Obama - sought to rectify. He was then as it were a Trojan horse of which
we had no real understanding - dropped into Washington D.C., and released
upon us for 4 years to awaken us.

 But did it? Like 9/11 in 2001 - within 6 months we forgot our vows to
reform and returned to business as usual. Again in 2012 - after 4 years of
incredible damage to our nation, the majority have decided to give our
president more time. We no longer hear the challenge of President Kennedy:
“Ask not what your country can do for you; but rather ask, What can I do
for my country?”

 No, the majority from minority groups, single women and young people ask,
“What *more* can Obama do for me?”

 So - 4 more years in God’s merciful judgment - to bring our nation to its
senses! Will eight years be enough? By 2016 we should know.

 *Our chapter from Proverbs for the day: 25:9-10 (25) PROVERBS FROM
SOLOMON. “Argue your case with you neighbor himself, and do not reveal
another’s secret, 10 lest he who hears you bring shame upon you, and your
ill repute have no end.” *Is this not like Matthew 18:15-17? Yes Father,
Your wisdom in Solomon for us in our pilgrim way, is the same as Your
wisdom in Your Son! We bless You for this, and *Hallow your :name!