Romans 1:1-17 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 12:16:15 PST 2012

November 8, 2012

 *JUN 26 - ROMANS 1:1-17 - INTRODUCTION TO JUSTIFICATION*

 *1. 1:1 (1:1-7, NNT) PAUL: SERVANT FIRST - THEN APOSTLE. “Paul, bondman of
Jesus Christ, a called apostle, separated unto God’s gospel.” *And how will
we follow Paul as he followed Christ? By having a servant spirit in the
Gospel for our fellow man. *Hallowed by your :name.*

 *2. 1:9 (1:8-10) PAUL: A WORSHIPER IN HIS SPIRIT. “For :God is my witness,
whom I serve in my :spirit in the gospel of his :Son, how unceasingly I
make mention of you always in my :prayers.” *And what is Your will for us,
Father? That we might *continually* pray for our fellow saints. *Your
:kingdom come!*

 *3. 1:11 (1:11-12) PAUL: A SERVANT FOR CHARISMATIC CONFIRMATION. “For I
long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift, unto your
being established.” *You O Father, meet our needs both spiritually and
physically. O may we always have a heart to impart unto our fellow
Christian that which will build him up and establish him also! *Your :will
be done, As in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 1:13 PAUL’S PURPOSE: FRUIT AMONG GENTILE BELIEVERS. “And I would not
have you ignorant, brethren, that oft I purposed to come unto you (and was
hindered :hitherto), that I might have some fruit in you also, even as in
the rest of the nations.” *Had Paul received Your forgiveness. Father?
Indeed he had. And even in the heart of the Roman empire he desired to
extend His forgiveness by having fruit in their midst. *Our :daily :bread
Give us this day!*

 *5. 1:14 PAUL: A DEBTOR. “I am debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians,
both to wise and foolish.” *Lead us not into temptation or testing. You
Father, will withhold much of our testing when we have the heart of the
apostle unto all men - when we are debtor to them - also! *And forgive us
our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors*

 *6. 1:15 PAUL: ONE READY! “So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach
the gospel to you also :in Rome.” *Father, grant us readiness of heart to
go and serve our fellow man. In such a spirit we will find safety. *And
bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 1:16-17. PAUL: NOT ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL OF RIGHTEOUSNESS. “For I am
not ashamed of the gospel: for it is God’s power unto salvation to every
:believer; to Jew first, also to Greek. 17 For herein is being revealed
God’s righteousness from faith unto faith: as it written, But the righteous
man shall live by faith.” *Thank You Father, for the Gospel: Jesus! Thank
You that in Him are Glad Tidings, and in Him we find *Your way* of
righteousness. *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 1:5 (1:1-7) PAUL: UNDERSTOOD “THE OBEDIENCE OF FAITH”. **“Through
whom (Jesus Christ our :Lord) we received grace and apostleship, unto obedience
of faith among all the nations, for his :name’s sake.” *Make us too
-obedient to the faith, O Father! Dispel from Your church every
vestige of
antinomianism. Dispel it from my heart. Dispel it from our hearts. Amen.

 For me, the Book of Romans is a key book. It was this book God used on
Passover 1944 to bring me into His Kingdom, through Romans 10:9-10. Not too
much later, He quickened to me Romans 1:16-17, which I immediately
memorized and used when I was invited to share my testimony.

 It was the Book of Romans that God quickened to Martin Luther to show that
“Justification” comes by *faith*, not by *works*. This led him to write his
95 theses, and nail them to the church door at Wittenberg. With *this* - plus
the Printing Press - the Protestant Reformation came forth. God used the
“German Princes” to protect the life of Luther at that time, so he was not
burnt at the stake like John Hus some 100 years preceding. Hus at that time
said, “You may burn this goose (the meaning of Hus), but from these ashes a
“Phoenix” shall arise 100 years from now - and *him* you shall not burn!”

This prophetic word came to pass.

 Lance Latham of Chicago founded the Awana Clubs, that still function to
this day. He based them on the badges and uniform of the “Boy Scouts”, but
added a new dimension. He had the boys memorize chapters and even books of
the New Testament. One Chicago club had over 50% of its boys become either
pastors or missionaries. They had *all* memorized the *entire book* of
Romans!

 Let us not short-change ourselves in the reading of this book! Look at the
Outline for it that I have provided - based on the Bible Numeric “sentence
and paragraph structure” discovered by Ivan Panin. Check out our “Outlined
Interlinear NT” which in greater detail deals with the Book. You can order
it from *<www.btjohnsonpublishing.com>*. Very soon it will also be
available in digital E-book format.

 For my personal notes on this - which are not included in this publication
- turn to *<www.2rbetter.org>* and click on “Interlinear”. You can then
scroll down to Romans.

 This new format Interlinear Publication - is *not* an end in itself. It is
a means to an end - namely a simplified format for *Bible Meditation*, that
transformed the life of George Muller and George Whitefield.

 And still - even these two - needed “The Exchanged Life” set forth in
“Hudson Taylor’s Spiritual Secret”, based on Romans 6; John 15:1-16 and
Galatians 2:20.

 It is now 70 years since the death of Russian Ivan Panin. He is indeed
“Russia’s Gift to Christianity”! Through his discovery of Bible Numerics in
1890, and his production of a NT Greek text the same as the original - plus
its English translation printed by the Oxford Press of England - based on
the Bible Numeric sentence, paragraph and section structure - we now have
in 2012 what I believe God has held back for this last generation preceding
the return of His Son!

 In 1942, 70 years ago, God directed me to join the Navy - the place He
chose to reveal Himself to me 9 months later. At the same time he had a
Russian Jew drop into my lap the 100,000 hours of labor by Panin on this
Bible Numeric NT. God challenged me at that time: “Would you put together
in Outlined Interlinear format the two NT texts prepared by Ivan Panin?” I
agreed to do so, and now - 70 years later, the hope and dream of Panin has
been realized. However - it is not Panin’s Bible Numeric NT; nor mine; nor
our Pilot Prayer Team’s and associates -

 It is *God’s* Bible Numeric “Outlined Interlinear NT” - reserved by Him
for these last days. My prayer is that what God has designed for *His* work
may be realized in our day. And - may it open to multitudes of us a
*living*experience in the Book of Romans - that will carry over to
every tribe,
nation, tongue and people - prior to the Return of our Lord Jesus Christ!

 *Our chapter from Proverbs for the day: 26:20 (26, ESV) MORE PROVERBS OF
SOLOMON. “For lack of wood the fire goes out, and where there is no
whisperer, quarreling ceases.” *Father, through Your Son You have said,
Blessed are the *peacemakers*, for *they* shall be called the sons of God!
We would *Hallow your :name*, by no longer being tale-bearers!