1 Kings 15-22 - Outline - Israel's kings

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 12:35:12 PDT 2012

October 27, 2012

 *JUN 17 - 1 KINGS 15-22 - ISRAEL KINGS: NADAB TO AHAZIAH*

 *1. 15:26 (15:25-26, ESV) NADAB: HIS BRIEF AND EVIL REIGN. “And Nadab did
what was evil in the sight of the LORD and walked in the way of his father,
and in his sin which he made Israel to sin.” *Like father, like son: the
second king of Israel followed in his father’s footsteps. What a
responsibility fathers have for both natural *and spiritual* seed!
*This*is a Kingdom principle!
*Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 15:29 (15:27-16:7) BAASHA: A REIGN OF JUDGMENT. “And as soon as he was
king, Baasha killed all the house of Jeroboam. He left to the house of
Jeroboam not one that breathed, until he had destroyed it, according to the
word of the LORD that he spoke by his servant Ahijah the Shilonite.” *Your
judgments Father, are sure! Help us to perceive the lessons of this
passage! *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 16:12 (16:8-20) ELAH AND ZIMRI. “Thus Zimri destroyed all the house of
Baasha, according to the word of the LORD, which he spoke against Baasha by
Jehu the prophet.” *Judgment upon judgment: when will mankind learn that
the wages of sin is *death*? Father, Your righteous judgments are *just*;
they are righteous altogether. Yet in justice You remember mercy! *Your
:will be done, As in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 16:25-26a (16:21-28) OMRI: HIS WICKED REIGN AND DEATH. “Omri did what
was evil in the sight of the LORD, and did more evil than all who were
before him. 26a For he walked in all the way of Jeroboam the son of Nebat.”
*Iniquity not repented of becomes compounded. O forgive us Father, that we
fail to raise up an intercessor to stand in the gap, to build Your Kingdom
righteously, and to roll back the tide of iniquity. *Our :daily :bread Give
us this day.*

 *5. 16:31 (16:29-34) AHAB: COMMENCES HIS EVIL REIGN. “And as if it had
been a light thing for him to walk in the sins of Jeroboam the son of
Nebat, he took for his wife Jezebel the daughter of Ethbaal king of the
Sidonians, and went and served Baal and worshiped him.”*

This is a terrible* *commentary upon the downward trend of a nation sold to
ever increasing iniquity through its kings. The new sin of Jezebel exceeded
all else. *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors!
*

 *6. 17:1 (17:1-22:40) AHAB: A RUNNING CONFRONTATION WITH PROPHETS. “Now
Elijah the Tishbite, of Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab, ‘As the LORD, the
God of Israel, lives, before whom I stand, there shall be neither dew nor
rain these years, except by my word.’” *We should read this and weep.
Surely by Your prophets Father, You sought to arrest the downward trend of
Israel in its wicked ways. *Yet*, You make the wrath of man to praise You! *And
bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 22:52-53 (22:51-53) AHAZIAH: HIS EVIL REIGN. “He did what was evil in
the sight of the LORD and walked in the way of his father and in the way of
his mother and in the way of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who made Israel to
sin. 53 He served Baal and worshiped him and provoked the LORD, the God of
Israel, to anger in every way that his father had done.” *And in all Your
judgments upon such sin Father, You proved Your righteousness and holiness!
*But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 16:32-33 (16:29-34) AHAB: EXCEEDED THE SIN OF ALL PREDECESSORS! **
“He erected an altar for Baal in the house of Baal, which he built in
Samaria. 33 And Ahab made an Asherah. Ahab did more to provoke the LORD,
the God of Israel, to anger than all the kings of Israel who were before
him.” **Judgment*: for *all* that Ahab worked!

 We must remember that God’s dealing with Israel of old under the Old
Covenant - is different from His dealings with the Church under the New
Covenant.

 The book of Hebrews clearly point out that the Old Covenant was imperfect
- a “stop-gap” as it were to hold sin down - until God’s Messiah - our Lord
Jesus Christ should come - to do away with the penalty of sin and make
reconciliation with God through the sacrifice of Himself as Son of Man -
and by His Gift (d*o*-reA) of the Holy Spirit, to provide for us a life
enabling us to *overcome* as we walk in the Spirit.

 This is *such* a transformation, that many look back on the Old Testament,
and either whole or in part - enable themselves to be held back by the
legalism and bondage of the old. Let us remember - that the book of Hebrews
continually contrasts the two, always telling us that the New is *better*!

 We are free! We are *not* as Church members to be bound by the bondage of
the Old! The law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus - has made us
*free*from the bondage of the Old Covenant, which
is the law of sin and death. Read prayerfully and meditate over and over
the book of Galatians. *This* is God’s word to make us free of the past,
and to *maintain* for us this freedom.

 George Muller saw this - and Charles Spurgeon and Rees Howells and
countless others.

 If you would take a painful but bondage-releasing trip - turn to *<
www.letusreason.org*> - and click and scroll through relevant articles on
this subject. You will at first find it most unsettling - but soon you will
find yourself entering into a freedom from the bondage of the past.,

 Also - avail yourself of God’s “Outlined Interlinear New Testament” based
on God’s Bible Numeric discovery made by Russian Ivan Panin in 1890. God
prepared me for this as an unbeliever in 1942 by calling me into the Navy.
Here He promised me to reveal Himself. I obeyed, and 9 months following
this act of obedience, on Passover of 1944, *He did so*! I have never been
the same since. Then in July of that same year, he dropped in my lap the
discoveries made by Ivan Panin.

 By these, I was saved out of Modernism in May of 1948; and later that year
I was saved out of the “New Order” of the Latter Rain. The “Old Order”
which I was able to maintain - is keeping to God’s Word as in Matthew
15:1-14. Here Jesus told the religious Jewish leaders of His day - that -
they *made void* the *word of God* by their *traditions*. *All* prophecy,
revelation, teachings, dreams and visions, gifts of the Spirit - *must
be*judged by the 27 books of the New Covenant! The Types and Shadows
of the
Old Covenant help us to understand the New - but the Law of the Old - is *
not* to be walked in by those of us who have accepted Christ and His New
Covenant! Jesus is *one* with the New Covenant, and is Himself
*that*Covenant - and He
is also the *Word* (LOgos) of the New Covenant.

 Many teachings and revelations and dreams and prophecies are circulating
around throughout the church today - which *do not* correspond with God’s
New Covenant. They - like the Jewish religious leaders of Jesus’ day - *make
void* the Word of God. They are *New Order*, having *departed* from the Old
Order of God’s Word, which is clearly set forth in God’s Bible Numeric
Greek and English NT provided by Ivan Panin - after 50 years of 100,000
hours of labor. By the commission of God which He gave me in 1944, I have
put together and *outlined* these two texts into an “Outlined Interlinear
NT” which can now be obtained at *<www.btjohnsonpublishing.com>. *I have
spent some 50,000 hours in this commission, which has been completed on the
70th anniversary of Panin’s death, and the 70th anniversary of God’s
commission for me to join the Navy, where following my conversion, I was to
receive the following commission to complete what Panin started.

 I stand truly as *free* from the traditions of men that would bind me from
walking in the Word of God. I will *not* allow such “New Order” tradition to
*make void* the Word of God for me. This has *not* been an easy walk or
assignment for me. Satan *hates* what God has created through Bible
Numerics: 4000 years ago in Hebrew; 3000 years ago in Greek; revealed to
Panin in 1890; consummated in 2012 through the printing and publishing of
this Interlinear text.

 There are some of you like me - who will *hear* this word - respond like I
did in 1942 and 1944, and likewise be freed from the “New Order” of man’s
traditions!

 When you turn to *<www.letusreason.org>*, be sure to read the testimony of
Mike Oppenheimer, its Founder and Director. As a Jew, he was saved out of
the New Age and Eastern religious movements. He like myself has
*rejected*the “New Order” of the traditions of man - not allowing them
to make void
the “Old Order” of the Word of God. Many of his articles will help ground
you in the purity of the Word of God - and escape the seductive siren calls
of false religions. Click on “About the Director” at the top of the Home
Page, and read “My Testimony” (Mike Oppenheimer). - JAWatt

 *Our chapter from Proverbs for this day: 17:3 THE PROVERBS OF SOLOMON. “The
crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, and the LORD tests
hearts.” *See Malachi 3:1-4. We *cannot* be a fit offering to You Father,
until Your Messenger of the Covenant purifies us with fire as gold and
silver. We accept your revelation and will in this, submit to it and bless
You for it! Yes, we *Hallow your :name!*