2 John - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 09:39:34 PDT 2012

October 15, 2012

 *JUN 10 - 3 JOHN - TRUTH AND LOVE VERSUS PRIDE AND STRIFE*

 *1. 1 (NNT) LOVE MUST BE IN TRUTH. “The elder to Gaius the beloved, whom I
love in truth.” *We can love sentimentally; we can love emotionally; but if
we love in truth,, we will be our brother’s keeper! *This* is the way you
want us, Father: *speaking* the truth in love; *being* true in love. O make
us willing to be made willing to be like this! *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *2. 2 LOVED ONES: THEIR THREE-FOLD PROSPERITY. * *“Beloved, I pray that in
all things you prosper and be in health, even as your :soul prospers.” *If
our soul is not prosperous; balanced in mind, emotions and will; what is
the use of prosperity and health? They make us yet more miserable. But when
Your will Father, is done in our soul as it is in heaven, then health and
prosperity will *not* ruin us nor draw us from You! *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 3-4 TRUTH WALKED IN: BRINGS JOY! “For I rejoiced greatly when brethren
came and witnessed to your :truth, even as YOU walk in the truth. 4 No
greater grace have I than these things, to hear of my :children walking in
the truth.” *This is the word of a true spiritual parent: *not* just a
believer, but being *sanctified* through the renewal of our mind according
to *truth*. *This* causes joy to our leaders, and to You too, Father! *Your
:will be done, As in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 5, 8 (5-8) LOVE OF HOSPITALITY: A GOOD WORK. “Beloved, you do a
faithful work in whatever you do toward the brethren and strangers as they
are. 8 WE therefore ought to welcome :such, that we may become
fellow-workers for the truth.” *Demetrius did this, but not Diotrephes;
John desired that Gaius be like Demetrius. O forgive us Father, that we so
often fail in the wonderful privilege of hospitality, and in encouraging
Your true servants whom You send our way! *Our :daily :bread Give us this
day.*

 *5. 9 (9-10) LOVE OF PRE-EMINENCE: A WARNING AGAINST. “I wrote somewhat
unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loves pre-eminence among them,
receives us not.” *Pride is the basic sin that trapped Lucifer and made him
fall. Diotrephes was tempted in like manner, and lost practical love for
fellow-believers and visiting leaders. O strengthen us Father, that we fall
not into temptation by departing from humility and a servant spirit! *And
forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 11 (11-12) LOVE OF GOOD: EXAMPLE OF DEMETRIUS. “Beloved, imitate not
:evil, but :good. The doer of good is of :God; the doer of evil has not
seen :God.” *Make no mistake about this: don’t water it down. Saints are
those who have *experienced* Covenant love (CHEsed), and who *extend* it to
all mankind! Jesus did! Father, make us like Demetrius, not Diotrephes.
Make us *peace-makers*, not sowers of discord. *And bring us not into
temptation.*

 *7. 13-14 PERSONAL COMMUNICATION AND BENEDICTION. “I had many things to
write you, but I am unwilling to write you with ink and pen: 14 but I hope
shortly to see you, and we shall speak face to face. Peace to you. The
friends salute you. Salute the friends by name.” *How we love the warm and
practical nature of Your beloved apostle, Father! No wonder Jesus loved
Him, which means *You* love him too! *And deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 12 **(11-12) A GOOD WITNESS FOR DEMETRIUS. “Demetrius has the
witness of all, and of the truth itself: yes, WE also bear witness; and you
know that our :witness is true.” *The good witness from men and a good
witness from *Truth*: *this* we desire for ourselves also, Father!

 3 John 2 is a much quoted verse by “Word of Faith” folk concerning healing
- yet - not them alone! And inasmuch as it is in the Word of God by the
Spirit through John - we ought to look at it carefully in the context of
the whole Bible - but especially in the 27 books of the New Covenant.

 For some insight on this that God has given me, turn to our Website *<
www.2rbetter.org>*, and click on Archives; then scroll down to 2008-07-07
“For Better Health with Long Years”.

 I mention there that Marie and I at 89 are experiencing better than normal
health physically, mentally and spiritually. We do not see any one activity
on our part as being responsible for this - but rather “a package” of
activities. Friends asked if I would share the other activities of this
passage on “scientific walking” and “rebounding”. I have done this in
another place on our Website. Click on “Interlinear”, and then scroll down
to 3 John. Under “NOTE:” - I have listed our other activities for good
health and long life. As I mention there - others may have a far better
package of activities than we do, but we do have good fruit to point to in
our lives. Marie swims 3 days a week for an hour at a time with most of the
strokes. Her diet is quite strict. She makes “smoothies” for both of us -
very healthy - every other day. It keeps me driving our car accident free -
sometimes several hundred miles at a time. It has enabled me to complete
this year my part in the production of God’s Bible Numerics
“*Outlined*Interlinear New Testament” based on the two NT texts
prepared by Ivan
Panin. I am now well on the way to completing 3 other complementary texts
to this.

 For Marie - it enables her to keep up an intercessory prayer ministry for
our family, friends and missionaries, plus regular encouragement by phone
calls, emails, and visits. She also has a garden back and front - like a
little park.

 Our daily devotional time with God keeps us happy, fruitful, full of faith
and open to ministry. We minister every other Sunday in a new Korean
Church, and serve as one of the 3 overseeing elders to it. I am also active
in helping and encouraging the formation of a City Church and Eldership in
the Gate.

 So - do Marie and I recommend the above? Yes - but not to the exclusion of
any other plans better than ours. Marie and I are both well under 130
pounds in weight. We believe God in His Bible, links drunkenness with
surfeiting - or overeating. They are both wrong. America - even Christian
Americans - are guilty of the latter, much more than any other nation of
the world. We can guarantee with our diet - you can eat all you want - and
still lose weight. It is learning how to eat 3 balanced meals a day -
majoring on fruit and vegetable, and cutting way down on meat and
carbohydrates and “junk food”. On the above regimen - at 89 we not just
keep plugging along - we do so with the help of the Spirit and Presence of
God: body, soul and spirit. John Wesley at 5’ 6” lived at 120 pounds
throughout his life, dying at 87, ministering effectively right up to the
end.

 Bless each one of you, and may you too meet the above conditions - and
likewise enjoy the same type of life we enjoy at our age. - Jim & Marie Watt

 *Our Proverbs chapter for the day: 10:24 (ESV) THE PROVERBS OF SOLOMON. “What
the wicked dreads will come upon him, but the desire of the righteous will
be granted.” *What a contrast! There is *no* final security for the wicked.
Show us Father, the terrible end of the wicked, even though in *this* life
they seem to prosper (Psalm 73:16-22). *Then* we will praise You with
understanding, and *Hallow your :name!*