2 John - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 10:02:40 PDT 2012

October 14, 2012

 *JUN 9 - 2 JOHN - CONTINUANCE IN THE TRUTH*

 *1. 1-2 (1-3, NNT) TRUTH: THE WAY TO LOVE. “The elder to elect Kyria and
her :children, whom I love in truth; and not I only, but also all that know
the truth; 2 for the truth’s sake which abides in us, and shall be with us
unto the age.” *Truth in us, and we in Truth - is the mature way of Your
Kingdom, Father! Your Son - is Truth Incarnate! *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 4 TRUTH: THE WAY TO WALK. “I rejoice greatly that I have found certain of
your :children walking in the truth even as we received commandment from
the Father.” *A true saint reproduces in the Spirit those like herself.
This is proof of our genuine relationship with You, Father! You are
glorified by *much* fruit on our part. *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. 5 (5-6) TRUTH: LOVE BY COMMAND. “And now I request you, Kyria, not as
though I wrote to you a new commandment, but which we had from
thebeginning, that we love one another.”
*This is the perennial message of John the beloved apostle. Genuine love to
saints, believers and unbelievers: in short, to *all* mankind - is Your
commandment, Father. We receive it! *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so
on earth.*

 *4. 7 TRUTH: THREATENED BY DECEIVERS. “For many deceivers are gone forth
into the world: they that confess not Jesus Christ coming in the flesh.
This is the deceiver and the antichrist.” *This is *so* contrary to truth.
Please give us keen discernment in this area, Father. O forgive us that so
many of us fail to realize the great importance of this revelation. *Our
:daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 8 TRUTH: CAN BE LOST THROUGH CARELESSNESS. “Look to yourselves, that
you lose not what things we have wrought, but that you receive a full
reward.” *He who endures to the *end* shall be saved! The *end* of a matter
is better than the beginning. The glory of the Latter House shall be
greater than the Former! Teach us the importance of this Father, and
strengthen us when we are tempted to grow careless. *And forgive us our
:debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 9 (9-11) TRUTH: HOW TO GUARD IT. “Whoever goes onward and abides not
in the teaching of the Christ, has not God: who abides in the teaching, the
same has both the Father and the Son.” *Do we believe this? Yes: but help
our unbelief, Father! How important it is that we thoroughly understand the
significance of this revelation! *And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 12 (12-13) TRUTH: BRINGS JOY WHEN ESTABLISHED. “Having many things to
write to you, I would not with paper and ink: but hope to come unto you,
and speak face to face, that your :joy be made full.” *How much a personal
visit supersedes the value of a letter. John knew this; may we also
practice this principle whenever possible. *But deliver us from the evil
one!*

 *NOTE**: 6 (5-6) TRUTH AND LOVE: A WALK ACCORDING TO COMMANDMENTS! **“And
this is :love, that we should walk after his :commandments. This is the
commandment, even as you heard from the beginning, that you should walk in
it.” *If we have *love* for You Father, we will walk consistently in love
one to another! Yes!

 I like the derivation of the word “truth”! It comes from two Greek words -
“a” - meaning “off of” or “from” - and “L*E*th*o*” - “to hide”. Putting
them together - it means “taking the lid off of that which was hidden.”
Solomon in Proverbs 25:2 writes - *“It is the glory of God to
concealthings, but the glory of kings is to search them out!”
*And *we* are a *kingdom* of priests, so this privilege belongs to each of
us! So - as kings we are to take the cover off of what was concealed, so it
can *now* be seen and understood!

 Jesus is “the Truth”! While on earth as the Son of Man, God concealed His
Son. It was only by the Father’s Spirit that Peter understood that Jesus
was the Christ - the Messiah promised by Moses and all the OT prophets.
Have you searched Him out - so that like Peter by God’s Spirit - you can
confidently say - Jesus *is* the Christ, the Anointed One, the Messiah
promised of old, the Savior of the world?

 We should not rest, till the 27 mysteries of God, of which *Jesus* is the
Chief - are uncovered and revealed in clarity and Majesty!

 John in this short epistle *majors* on *Jesus* as the Truth. In John 14:6
he is equally clear on this revelation. And - except the Spirit of God
opens our understanding to this revelation - it remains a hidden mystery.

 From the age of 10 to 20 I desired to understand this mystery of Jesus as
the Hidden Truth. I even thought of going to England to find Him there when
I grew up, because of 48 stories I read from 10-14 about individuals who in
England found Jesus as the Truth. I hadn’t found any in my church in Canada
who knew Jesus this way! So when I was 19 God assuring my heart said, “Join
the Navy, and I’ll reveal Myself to you.” So in July of ‘43 I did so - and
on Passover of ‘44 - *He* did so! And it gets better year by year since
then!

 Yes - Jesus *is* the Truth. He *is* the Son of God! He *is* the Christ,
God’s Messiah! He *is* the Savior of the world through His redemptive act
on Calvary. He *is* Lord of lords and King of kings! The Spirit of God by
revelation makes all of these attributes of Jesus - abundantly clear!

 And - because God is no respecter of persons - what He has done for me and
countless others - if you have not yet received Peter’s revelation - then
seek Him with *all* your heart - hunger and thirst after Him as your
Righteousness! - and you *shall be filled* - you *shall *by God have your
heart’s desire met!

 I am not an evangelist, yet Marie and I together have seen thousands come
into the Kingdom of God through preaching and teaching “Clan & Household
Salvation”. Again - you can share in similar rewards by entering into these
together. My 3 close family members all came into the Kingdom of God as I
claimed these promises. Marie has seen some 40 of her household members do
likewise (French Canadians have larger households than Scottish background
families.)

 So - be sure you know *intimately* Jesus as the Truth - and then continue *
ardently* in Him!

 *Our chapter of Proverbs for today: 9:8-9 (9, ESV) “Do not reprove a
scoffer, or he will hate you; reprove a wise man, and he will love you. 9 Give
instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; teach a righteous
man, and he will increase in learning.” *This is a good word: *wise* men
regard wisdom’s correction, exhortation and encouragement. Something in
human nature is repelled by this, but *You* in us Father, responds to
it! *Hallowed
be your :name!*