1 John 4-5 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 09:21:14 PDT 2012

October 13, 2012

 *JUN 8 - 1 JOHN 4-5 - VICTORIES THROUGH THE NEW BIRTH*

 *1. 4:4 (4:1-6, NNT) OVERCOMING FALSE SPIRITS THROUGH NEW BIRTH. “YOU are
of :God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is
the onein you than the
one in the world.” *False prophets speak of the world, from the world and
to the world. By their *fruits* do we know them. Their’s is the spirit of
Antichrist. But the Spirit of *Christ* is *greater*. *This* is the spirit
of Your present Kingdom, Father! *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 4:7-8 (4:7-10) OVERCOMING THROUGH CHRIST’S PROPITIATORY LOVE. “Beloved,
let us love one another: for :love is of God; and every one that loves is
begotten of :God, and knows :God. 8 Who loves not knows not :God; for :God
is love.” *Father, Your gift of Christ to us as a propitiation for our
sins, is the greatest gift we can ever receive! We magnify You for Him, and
as an act of thanksgiving offer ourselves as living sacrifices to You! *Your
:kingdom come.*

 *3. 4:11-12 (4:11-16a) OVERCOMING THROUGH CONFESSION OF JESUS’
SONSHIP. “Beloved,
if :God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever
beheld God: if we love one another, :God abides in us, and his :love is
perfected in us.” *Look at the result of loving one another:
*Your*abiding, and Your love
*perfected* in us! You are so bountiful in Your spiritual gifts! *Your
:will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 4:20-21 (4:16b-21) OVERCOMING FEAR THROUGH LOVE. “If one say that I
love :God, and hates his :brother, he is a liar: for who loves not his
:brother whom he has seen, cannot love :God whom he has not seen. 21 And
this :commandment we have from him, that who loves :God love his :brother
also.” *As we go in love, You are *always* with us, Father. And proof of
our love for You is *always* demonstrated in our love one for another. O
forgive us that often we fail in this, and that we walk in fear. *Our
:daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 1, 4 (5:1-12) OVERCOMING THE WORLD THROUGH FAITH. “Every one that
believes that Jesus is the Christ is begotten of :God: and every one that
loves the Begetter loves the one begotten of him. 4 And his :commandments
are not grievous, because whatever is begotten of :God overcomes the world:
and this is the victory that has overcome the world, our :faith.” *Overcomes
*know* that Jesus is the Christ, and they *overcome* the world. Strengthen
us in temptation Father, that we should *never* doubt Jesus’ Sonship to
You! *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 5:14-15 (5:13-17) OVERCOMING THROUGH BOLDNESS IN PRAYER. “And this is
the boldness which we have toward him, that, if we ask anything according
to his :will, he hears us; 15 and if we know that he hears us whatever we
ask, we know that we have the petitions which we have asked of him.” *Walking
in You Father, permits us to walk in the path of declarative prayer! The *
righteous* are bold as a lion; they call the things which are not as though
they were! *And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 5:18 (5:18-21) OVERCOMING SIN THROUGH NEW BIRTH. “We know that every one
:begotten of :God sins not; but who was begotten of :God keeps himself, and
the evil one touches him not.” *It is Christ *in us* who is our victory and
hope of glory. In the Spirit, You have made *Him* our righteousness, Peace
and Joy, Father! *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 5:11-12 (5:1-12) OUR OVERCOMING WITNESS! **“And the witness is
this, that :God gave us eternal life, and this :life is in his :Son. 12 Who
has the Son has the life; who has not the Son of :God has not the life.” *All
we need is Your Son Father, and You have given Him unstintingly to us!

 This is the 4th and last section of 1 John. The preceding 3 sections are
the basis and foundation for this last section. May we bask in the
culmination of the teaching of the Spirit through John - and fully avail
ourselves of the ingredients of God’s “Overcoming Life” for us. And,
because He is no respecter of persons - all of these precious promises are
available for each one of us. The Beatitudes of Matthew 5:3-12 help us into
this place of reception - especially Beatitude 4 - “They who hunger and
thirst after righteousness - *shall* be filled!”

 1 John 5:11-12 are two verses selected by the Navigators for their 108
verses in their “Topical Memory System.” Back in the 50’s we memorized
them, and in the 60’s our 3 children did also.

 The 7 verse selection above are so clear that further explanation would be
superfluous. May we each one fully enter into the Overcoming Life!

 *Our chapter of Proverbs for the day: 8:20-21 (8, ESV) THE BLESSINGS OF
WISDOM. “I walk in the way of righteousness, in the paths of justice,
21 granting
an inheritance to those who love me, and filling their treasuries.” *In the
gates of the city, through the channel of the city Eldership, Wisdom sounds
forth this promise and invitation. You Father, will enable city elders to
hear Your Word and proclaim it. *Hallowed be your :name!*