Joshua 13-19 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 08:45:26 PDT 2012

August 23, 2012

 *APR 28 - JOSHUA 13-19 - LAND DIVISION*

 *1. 13:14 (13) LAND REMAINING: TRIBES EAST OF JORDAN. “To the tribe of
Levi alone Moses gave no inheritance. The offerings by fire to the LORD God
of Israel are their inheritance, as he said to him” (ESV). *Father, *help
us not to underestimate the spiritual significance of land division*.
*You*plant us in places, borders, ministries and giftings.
*You* are the Potter - we are the clay! We submit to *Your*
appointment. *Hallowed
be your :name!*

 *2. 14:14 (14) LAND FOR CALEB: HEBRON. “Therefore Hebron became the
inheritance of Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite to this day,
because he wholly followed the LORD, the God of Israel.” *Your Spirit
Father, made a great issue of this passage. What do You want us to learn?
What is its spiritual application for us? Make us like Caleb in
faithfulness and boldness in old age! *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 15:63 (15) LAND FOR JUDAH: CALEB AND OTHNIEL. “But the Jebusites, the
inhabitants of Jerusalem, the people of Judah could not drive out, so the
Jebusites dwell with the people of Jerusalem to this day.” *Thank God for
David, who in his day removed this reproach! Give us a heart like David,
Father (2 SAM 5:6). *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 16:10 (16) LAND FOR EPHRAIM: BY LOT. “However, they did not drive out
the Canaanites who lived in Gezer, so the Canaanites have lived in the
midst of Ephraim to this day but have been made to do forced labor.” *Did
Ephraim do with the Canaanites what David did with the Gibeonites? We find
no record that they did. Is this why they went into captivity first?
Forgive us Father, where we have failed to show the boldness and a heart
like David! *Our :daily :bread Give us this day!*

 *5. 17:4 (17) LAND: MANASSEH, ZELOPHEHAD AND JOSEPH. “They (the daughters
of Zelophehad) approached Eleazar the priest and Joshua the son of Nun and
the leaders and said, ‘The LORD commanded Moses to give us an inheritance
along with our brothers.’ So according to the mouth of the LORD he gave
them an inheritance among the brothers of their father.” *May we show the
same boldness as the daughters of Zelophehad! *And forgive us our :debts,
As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 18:6 (18:1-19:48) LAND: SHILOH PLUS SEVEN LAST TRIBES. “And you shall
describe the land in seven divisions and bring the description here to me.
And I will cast lots for you here before the LORD our God.” *It is
important to *complete* the description of inheritance for each of the 12
tribes. It is important that *each* local church in a city knows its
particular gifting of ministry under its pastor. *Then* we have a defense
against the enemy. *And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 19:51 (19:49-51) LAND: FOR JOSHUA AND ISRAEL. “These are the
inheritances that Eleazar the priest and Joshua the son of Nun and the
heads of the fathers’ houses of the tribes of the people of Israel
distributed by lot at Shiloh before the LORD, at the entrance of the tent
of meeting. So they finished dividing the land.”* You Fatherfr by lot, by
Urim and Thummim, by the Holy Spirit, settled each tribe in Your
sovereignty! *But deliver us from the evil one.*

 *NOTE**: 13:33 (13) LEVI’S INHERITANCE! **“But to the tribe of Levi Moses
gave no inheritance; the LORD God of Israel is their inheritance just as he
said to them.” *The 5-fold ministry of EPH 4:11 (priests) and the deacons
(Levites) are specially chosen by *You* Father! May we support and obey
Your appointments, even as David to Saul.

 The whole of the Old Testament has been designed by God as “Types and
Shadows” - looking forward to the Church, the One New Man, composed of both
Jews and Gentiles.

 Once Jesus came, died for our Redemption and Reconciliation - Rose,
Ascended and gave the Gift (d*o*-reA) of the Holy Spirit - from that time
on, much - even most of everything - has changed! Calvary and all connected
with it is the turning point of God’s universe as well as His earth! Only
when we arrive in eternity will we begin to understand the significance of
all of this.

 It is important for Jews to understand that with the destruction of their
temple in 70 AD under Roman Emperor Titus, no Jew has been able to be Torah
Observant since that date. Over 200 of the 613 Torah Commandments were
connected with the Temple - and when that was gone - no longer has Judaism
as under the Old Testament been viable. *Now* - we - the One New Man - Jew
and Gentile in Christ - are the *Temple of God* with Christ as the Head! *
This* is extremely difficult for Jews to process and comprehend. the
apostle Paul did! Peter even found some of Paul’s revelations and insights
difficult to swallow!

 So - the Jewish inheritance of Canaan land is but a Type and Shadow! It is
designed by God to give insight to the church concerning *our spiritual
inheritance*. Does this completely replace God’s plan for Israel as a
nation on earth? Not at all! Replacement Theology has missed it. Let those
holding this view just read Jeremiah 31 and Romans 11, and their faulty
interpretation will immediately come to light!

 And we must remember - that for the first number of decades of the church
- the only Bible they had was the Old Covenant, which the Holy Spirit
enabled them to interpret in the light of Types and
Shadows.

 Is the above easy? Not at all! It is *not* milk of the Word for babes -
but strong meat for the mature. But as one *meditates* over the NT -
especially over the “Outlined Interlinear NT” made possible by the
discoveries in Bible Numerics by Ivan Panin - then God’s thinking on this
will begin to become clear.

 See *<www.BTJohnsonPublishing.com> *for information on the soon
availability of this Interlinear. It is now *70 years* since the death of
Panin. He had hoped to see the Interlinear printed in his day. But God! He
saw that its release this year will count far more in His Kingdom - than
back in 1942. All this is a parallel to the 70 years of Jewish captivity in
Babylon - then Daniel’s prayer on the basis of Jeremiah’s prophecy - then
Persian (Iran) Cyrus’ obedience to fulfill this prophecy!

 An now our Psalm for the day: *118:27-29 - “The LORD is God, and he has
made his light to shine upon us. Bind the festal sacrifice with cords up to
the horns of the altar! 28 You are my God, and I will give thanks to you;
you are my God; I will extol you. 28 Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is
good; for his steadfast love (CHEsed) endures forever.”*