Joshua 20-22 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 11:31:05 PDT 2012

August 24, 2012

  *APR 29 - JOSHUA 20-22 - LAND DECISIONS*

 *1. 20:1-2 (20) CITIES OF REFUGE. Then the LORD said to Joshua, 2 “Say to
the people of Israel, ‘Appoint the cities of refuge, of which I spoke to
you through Moses” (ESV). *Your Name Father, is a strong tower, (PRV
18:10), a city of refuge. Jesus, You are our 6-fold city of refuge. We
bless You for Your wise Kingdom principles in this provision! *Hallowed be
your :name!*

 *2. 21:44 (21) LEVI’S INHERITANCE: 44 CITIES. “And the LORD gave them rest
on every side just as he had sworn to their fathers. Not one of all their
enemies had withstood them, for the LORD had given all their enemies into
their hands.” *What a commentary on Your power and ability, Father! We
magnify You for this, and submit. *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 22:5 (22:1-10) 2 ½ TRIBES DISMISSED: THE ALTAR. “Only be very careful
to observe the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the LORD
commanded you, to love the LORD your God, and to walk in all his ways and
to keep his commandments and to cling to him and to serve him with all your
heart and with all your soul.” *This is a good word of exhortation. *Your :will
be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 22:12 (22:11-15) CIVIL WAR PROPOSED. “And when the people of Israel
heard of it the whole assembly of the people of Israel gathered at Shiloh
to make war against them.” *O forgive us Father, that we often fail to have
the zeal for You and Your Name when we suspect that our brothers have
transgressed against you! May we always walk softly before you. *Our :daily
:bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 22:16 (22:16-20) THE ALTAR PROTESTED. Thus says the whole congregation
of the LORD, “What is this breach of faith that you have committed against
the God of Israel in turning away this day from following the LORD by
building yourselves an altar this day in rebellion against the LORD?” *Father,
help us to walk carefully before You for the sake of our brothers. Let us
know that we *do* affect others! *And forgive us our :debts, As we also
have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 22:29 (22:21-29) THE ALTAR EXPLAINED. “Far be it from us that we
should rebel against the LORD and turn away this day from following the
LORD by building an altar for burnt offering, grain offering, or sacrifice,
other that the altar of the LORD our God that stands before his
tabernacle!” *Father, You delivered Israel through the wisdom of the 2 ½
tribes, and their respectful and restrained answer to their brothers.
*And bring
us not into temptation!*

 *7. 22:31b (22: 30-34) CIVIL WAR AVERTED. “Today we know that the LORD is
in our midst, because you have not committed this breach of faith against
the LORD. Now you have delivered the people of Israel from the hand of the
LORD.” *Father, help us always to walk carefully and softly before You and
one another, specially in times of suspicion. *But deliver us from the evil
one!*

 *NOTE**: 21:45 (21) THE EXTRAORDINARY FAITHFULNESS OF GOD! **“Not one word
of all the good promises that the LORD had made to the house of Israel had
failed; all came to pass.” *In this truth we *mightily* rejoice, Father! *
Only* a great God like You could accomplish such things!

 There are 3 things noteworthy about Israel: their land; their language;
and that they are God’s chosen people! In “Fiddler on the Roof” - Reb
Tevye says
to God, “I know, I know, We are Your chosen people. But once in a while,
can’t You choose someone else?”

 To be God’s chosen ones means *persecution*. One becomes as it were a
“speckled bird” once chosen - and in addition becomes pecked upon!

 Yet no other nation on the face of the earth has been so protected by God
who chose them! What other nation has been driven from their land for 1900
years - and then restored to it after such a time - as Israel in 1948? Or
what other nation has lost their speaking language, and then had this also
restored to them after such a time? These two acts of God alone on behalf
of His chosen people should alert the world to the special nature of Israel
in God’s sight!

 But no, even to this day - no other nation on the face of the earth is so
attacked as a “speckled bird” - as is Israel! What a shock to the world it
will be when Jesus - a Jew - returns as Son of man in the name of Jehovah -
and makes Israel the chief nation of the earth! What chagrin - what
amazement - will follow such a change!

 So when we return to the above lesson, and consider God’s preparation on
Israel’s behalf - for the role she is to play in the last days - then our
lives and understanding should be enlightened in a new way - as preparation
for what is about to be fulfilled!

 Numbers of my friends and acquaintances cannot now receive the above
insights. Some have removed themselves from my mailing list - so that they
do not need to read such conclusions. They believe it is just my
interpretation, and has nothing to do with truth and their contrary
conclusions. We will soon know who truly understands what God is saying in
His Word.

 May then the lesson in this mailing come home to each of us with clarity
and understanding.

 And now our Psalm for the day: *119:162, 165. A PROPER ATTITUDE TO GOD’S
WORD! “I rejoice at your word like one who finds great spoil. 165 Great
peace have those who love your law; nothing can make them stumble.” *Strength
and Peace come from *meditating* upon Your Word, Father! Your Word is as
one who find his treasure; as great spoil; as unbounded riches! You and
Your Word are *one*! *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *SPECIAL** - Last month California friends of ours going back to 1976
visited us here in Federal Way. Larry was head of the Forestry Department
at Humboldt State University. We had a most profitable time together. *

 *When he got home, it occurred to him that he should send us a gift-book -
“THE HARBINGER” - The Ancient Mystery that holds the Secret of America’s
Future - by Jonathan Cahn. It links Israels’ judgment in the 700 BC’s -
with 9/11/2001 for a dramatic wake-up call for America’s danger.*

 *Here are a few reviews: “Extraordinary” - Pat Robertson; “Stunning” -
Joseph Farah; *

“*Mind Blowing” - Sid Roth; “Sober & Challenging” - Jim Watt*

 *I started reading it this week - and finished it the next day. “Many
people who have read The Harbinger are convinced this book is a must-read
for every American. Not only is this a compelling and shocking wake-up call
for our nation, but its unique blend of biblical prophecy, historical
events, and action-packed fictional narrative distinguishes it as a special
gift. It offers one of the most unique revelations of God’s love and desire
to see His people return to Him that has ever been written. It will not
only inspire people who already know Him with new insight into His nature
but also intrigue and engage people who are not yet aware of His
involvement in their lives.*

 “*The Harbinger’s timely prophetic message for our country has resonated
with many internationally known ministry leaders who have gotten behind the
promotion of its message. As a result, within days of its release, it made
the New York Times best-seller list and is expected to remain in high
demand for a long time to come. As great as this type of promotion is, word
of mouth is still the most effective way for a book to gain traction in the
wider culture.”*

 *You can also visit the author’s website, get in touch, and get more
online at: www.The HarbingerWebsite.com or www.HopeoftheWorld.org or
www.TheHarbingerBook.com*