2012-08-07 - Sermon on Mount + Word Studies

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 09:28:31 PDT 2012

August 7, 2012

 *MATTHEW 4:17-7:29 - TEACHING OF JESUS: SERMON ON MOUNT *

 *l. 4:23 (4:17-25) KINGDOM PATTERN. “And he went about in all :Galilee,
teaching in their :synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and
healing every sickness and every infirmity among the people” (NNT). *What
you started in Your Son Jesus, Father, continue on through His Body, the
One New Man, of both Jew and Gentile. Now perfect it in us, Your last day
saints!* Hallowed be your :name!*

 *2. 5:9 (5:1-16) KINGDOM MATURITY. “Blessed the peace-doers, for THEY
shall be called sons of God.” ** Maturity* as in *sons*! Bringing *many sons
* into *glory! *This is Your purpose and goal in us, Father!* Your :kingdom
come.*

 *3. 5:19 (5:17-48) KINGDOM HEART. “Whoso therefore shall break one of
these the least :commandments, and shall teach :men so, shall be called
least in the kingdom of the heavens; but whoso shall do and teach them, the
same shall be called great in the kingdom of the heavens.” *Provision comes
to Your saints, Father, as we walk in the words of Your Son Jesus, and
teach them. *Your :will be done, as in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 6:14-15 (6:1-18) KINGDOM MOTIVATION. “For if you forgive :men their
:trespasses, your :heavenly :Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you
forgive not :men their :trespasses, neither will your :Father forgive your
:trespasses.” *O Father, we hear Your desire. We would be giving, praying
and fasting saints. We would have Your purposes motivate us. We would be
forgiving people that You might always be able to forgive us our sins. *Our
:daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 6:33 (6:19-34) KINGDOM PROVISION. “But seek you first his :kingdom,
and :righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you.” *Father,
we bid anxious thought to flee! We welcome the renewal of our mind
according to Your word. We put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and know that we
can completely trust You always to do the best for us! *And forgive us our
:debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 7:12 (7:1-12) KINGDOM RELATIONSHIPS. “All things therefore whatever
you would that :men should do to you, thus do you also to them: for this is
the law and the prophets.” *Father, evermore let this spirit grip our
hearts! Write this condition of blessing upon our hearts! *And bring us not
into temptation.*

 *7. 7:13-14 (7:13-29) KINGDOM PATHWAY. “Enter you by the narrow gate: for
wide and spacious is the way that leads unto the destruction, and many are
they that enter thereby. 14 Because narrow the gate, and straitened the way
that leads unto the life, and few are they that find it.” *Father, we would
not be deceived concerning the way of Your Kingdom. According to men like
H. A. Baker, George Muller, Oswald Chambers and Rees Howells -- we are
going to be surprised to truly understand Your thinking on the above. *But
deliver us from the evil one.*

 *NOTE**: **1. KINGDOM - ba-siLEIa [Strong’s #932] from ba-siLEUS* - 161
(314) references*

*- The Gospel of the Kingdom is God’s Kingdom, and is God’s Good News!*

*- And - Jesus and His Finished Work and Resurrection is the Gospel, the Good
News!*

*- Note that in Acts 8:35, “And :Philip opened his :mouth, and beginning
from this :scripture, preached the gospel to him, :Jesus.” We cannot
separate God’s Kingdom, the Good News, Jesus, and the Gospel. They are
allof one. And it was
Jesus in Matthew 4:23 that begin His Ministry by preaching the Good News of
the Kingdom - concerning Himself! According to Isaiah, Jesus is also the
New Covenant, for this New Covenant was and is - in His blood. This is the
fulfillment of Leviticus 1-7 and the 5 Levitical sacrifices that Hefulfilled.
*

*- E. Stanley Jones in his “The Unshakable Kingdom and the Unchanging
Person” brings out Kingdom teaching in a very clear manner. Bob Mumford
highly recommended this book, and so do I. It has recently been reprinted
by two different sources.*

 *2. PEACE-DOERS. ei-re-no-poiOI [1518] from poiEo* + eREo* - 2 (4076)