Mark - Overview

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 10:47:15 PDT 2012

July 12, 2012

 *WEEK 7 - FEB 12-18 - MARK - THE GOSPEL OF SERVICE AND POWER*

 *FEB 12. 1:3, 8 (1:1-8) JOHN THE BAPTIZER INTRODUCES JESUS. “A voice of
one crying in the wilderness, Make you ready the way of the Lord, Make his
:paths straight; ... 8 I baptized you with water; but he shall baptize you
with the Holy Spirit” (NNT). *Father, we find here Your Kingdom and rule in
Jesus, Jehovah our Savior. You have given Him Your Name and all the
fullness of the Godhead bodily dwells in Him.* Hallowed be your :name.*

 *FEB 13. 2:10-11 (1:9-3:35) THE GOSPEL OF POWER AND JESUS. “And
straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens being rent, and
the Spirit as a dove descending upon him: 11 and a voice came out of the
heavens, You are my :beloved :son, in you I am well pleased.” *Your will
Father, is that we might believe and obey Your Son! *Your :kingdom come.*

 *FEB 14. 4:13 (4:1-6:29) KINGDOM TEACHING OF JESUS. “And he says to them,
Know you not this :parable? and how shall you know all the parables?” *Father,
we receive the Kingdom teaching of Jesus through parable. We bless You for
Your Holy Spirit and His enlightenment. *Your :will be done, As in heaven,
so on earth.*

 *FEB 15. 6:45-46 (6:30-10:31) COST OF THE KINGDOM AND JESUS. “And
straightway he constrained his :disciples to enter into the boat, and to go
before him unto the other side unto Bethsaida, while he himself sends the
crowd away. 46 And after he had taken leave of them, he departed into the
mountain to pray.” *Thank You Father, for Your Son of *prayer*. It led to
His atonement and all forthcoming blessings. *Our :daily :bread Give us
this day.*

 *FEB 16. 12:36-37 (10:32-13:37) TEACHING PRECEDING BETRAYAL OF JESUS.
“David himself said in the Holy :Spirit, The Lord said unto my :Lord, Sit
you on my right, Till I put your :enemies underneath your :feet. 37 David
himself calls him Lord: and whence is he his son?” *Lord Jesus, David's
greater son, and only begotten of the Father, we bless You. Father, we see
You in Your Son! *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our
:debtors.*

 *FEB 17. 15:37-38 (14:1-16:8) CRUCIFIXION AND RESURRECTION OF JESUS. “And
:Jesus uttered a loud voice, and expired. 38 And the veil of the sanctuary
was rent in two from top to bottom.” *We are in Your presence Father,
through the riven veil. You, the Greater One, are also in us! *And bring us
not into temptation.*

 *FEB 18. 16:15-16 (16:9-20) GREAT COMMISSION: GIVEN BY JESUS. “And he said
to them, Go into all the world, and preach the gospel to the whole
creation. 16 Who has believed and is baptized shall be saved; but who has
disbelieved shall be condemned.” *Father, the day comes when Your Son will
turn all things back to You. *But deliver us from the evil one.*

 *NOTE**: *Jesus is the theme of Mark. The gospel of the Kingdom is
personified in Jesus. Here Jesus is pictured as God’s perfect servant,
pictorialized as the ox, one of the four faces of the cherubim seen by
Ezekiel. Jesus would live out His servant-spirit through each one of us by
the power of the Holy Spirit.

 Mark is the shortest of the 4 Gospels. Issachar is the tribe of Israel
represented by the donkey, a faithful and valued animal in the Middle East
- wise and sure-footed in the dark. Faithfulness, sensitivity and obedience
are attributes of the First Nations People, who relate to Issachar. All 12
tribes and all 12 related peoples are necessary for the fulfillment of
God's purposes. Remember Judges 19-21.

 Jesus divides up His 12 major attributes among the 12 tribes and the 12
apostles, but especially the 4 major heads of Ezekiel and the 4 Gospels:
Matthew the lion; Mark the ox; Luke the man; and John the eagle.

 Matthew is designed to reach the Jews; Mark the Romans; Luke the Greeks;
and John all spiritually inclined souls who truly seek, hunger and thirst
after God. Like David, they want to be people after God's own heart, and to
have intimacy with Him.

 The word “immediate” or “straightway” are key words in Mark's gospel. Mark
is often the Gospel chosen in Bible Colleges and seminaries to study
intensively, possibly because it is the shortest of the four gospels.

 Mark 16:9-20 is perhaps the most controversial portion of the New
Testament for Textual critics. However, Dr. Ivan Panin through Bible
Numerics has proven that if any portion of Scriptures must be retained as
part of the Bible, this stands out above all others! It seems that Satan
has a special vendetta to have this portion omitted.

 Mr. Tasker, a missionary from India, brought forth Mark 4:13 in 1946 at
the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon to some 100 members of the
Intervarsity Christian Fellowship. According to this verse, he set forth
this parable as the *key* parable. To understand it is to have the *key* to
understand all other parables. I believe it.

 We should each one develop a deliberate, personal passionate devotion to
Jesus. Jesus lover of my soul; let me to Thy bosom fly!

 Memory verse: Mark 10:45 - *“For the Son of :man also came not to be
ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his :life a ransom for many.”*

 PS. Go to our Website *<www.2rbetter.org>* for other completed
Archives, Outlines,
Word Studies and Interlinear Greek portions.

* *