John 1-12 - Overview Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 16:57:17 PDT 2012

Friday July 13, 2012

 *WEEK 12 - MAR 18-24 - JOHN 1-12 - JESUS: ETERNAL SON OF GOD*

 *MAR 18. 1:33b-34 (1:1-2:11) JESUS: ETERNAL WORD AND MESSIAH. “Upon
whoever you shall see the Spirit descending, and abiding upon him, the same
is he that baptizes in the Holy Spirit. *34* And I have seen, and have
witnessed that this is the Son of :God” (NNT). *Father, it was *You* who
revealed to John the Baptizer the identity of Your Son, the Son of God, and
the Baptizer with the Holy Spirit and fire! *You* orchestrated all of these
things according to Your eternal LOgos! *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *MAR 19. 3:18 (2:12-3:21) JESUS: NEW BIRTH AND ITS NECESSITY. “Who
believes unto him is not judged: who believes not has been judged already,
because he has not believed unto the name of the only begotten Son of
:God.” *Your Name Father, *Jehovah* the Savior, was given to Your only
begotten Son - the meaning of His Name, *Jesus*. You have made Him the *only
* mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus. *Your :kingdom come.*

 *MAR 20. 4:25-26 (3:22-4:54) JESUS: REVEALS HOLY SPIRIT, TRUE DRINK. “The
woman says to him, I know that Messiah comes that is called Christ: when HE
is come, he will declare to us all things. *26* :Jesus says to her, I that
speak to you am he.” *What a revelation:” that Jesus is Your promised
Messiah, and that He is the Baptizer in Holy Spirit! You, O
*Jehovah*Father, designed it so.
*Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *MAR 21. 5:18 (5:1-47) JESUS: CONTROVERSY THROUGH A HEALING. “For this
therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only broke
the sabbath, but also said :God was his own Father, making himself equal
with :God.” *Jesus was both Son of God and son of man. He is unique above
all other men, the only begotten of *You*, Father. May we diligently seek
to understand in Your Word exactly what You say concerning Your Son! *Our
:daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *MAR 22. 6:37-38 (6:1-71) JESUS: THE TRUE MANNA. “Everything that the
Father gives me shall come unto me; and him that comes unto me I will in
nowise cast out; *38* because I am come down from :heaven, not to do :my
:will, but the will of him that sent me.” *Father, we want to be like
Jesus: fully submitted and conformed to *Your* will, not ours. We are weak,
but *You* are strong. O by Your Spirit within us, be our strength. *And
forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *MAR 23. 10:7-8 (7:1-10:21) JESUS: CAUSES BITTER OPPOSITION. “:Jesus
therefore said again, Amen, Amen, I say unto you, I am the door of the
sheep. *8* All that came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep
did not hear them.” *There never was a Mediator or a Savior before Your Son
Jesus, Father! He *alone* and You in Him, are the Ones to whom we look for
our Salvation. *And bring us not into temptation.*

 *MAR 24. 12:27-28 (10:22-12:50) JESUS: ENEMIES PLAN HIS DEATH. “Now is my
:soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this :hour? But
for this cause came I unto this :hour. *28* Father, glorify your :name. A
voice therefore came out of :heaven: I both have glorified, and will
glorify it again.” *Father, You *have* glorified Your Name in Jesus, and
given Him a Name above *every* Name! *But deliver us from the evil one.*

 *NOTE*: There is a touch of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit throughout
this Gospel. In Luke Jesus was set forth as perfect “man”. Here He is set
forth as the “eagle”, the eternal Son of God. Let your faith grow as you
feed on these words.

 Of all the four gospels - none is more spiritual and none more difficult
to understand than John's Gospel. It has the breath of heaven upon it. It
proceeds forth by the Spirit from the mind of God. It accords with and fits
into the renewed mind of Romans 12:2!

 Note also that God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, our one Triune God,
has the family name of Jehovah. Jesus in Revelation 1:8 says - *“I am the
Alpha and the O, says the Lord :God, who is and who was and who is to come,
the Almighty.” *The 3 tenses of the verb “to be”, compose the
tetragrammaton- the 4 consonants making up this 3-fold name. We being
made in the image
of God, are *also* a triunity: body, soul and spirit.

 For New Testament quotations on this Website, I use Ivan Panin's Bible
Numeric English New Testament, translated scientifically from his Bible
Numeric Greek New Testament. For Old Testament quotations, I use the ASV
'01 (American Standard Version 1901). This latter was the favorite
translation of C. T. Studd, famous English cricketer, and missionary to
China, India and Africa.

 Ivan Panin up to the time of his death in 1942, cited the ASV '01 as the
closest of all translations to the Numeric Phenomenon of the Bible. I
highly recommend that those interested read the “Preface” to this Version
written by the American Revisers. Note especially their remarks on p. iv
under “I”:

 “*The change first proposed in the Appendix - *

*that which substitutes “Jehovah” for “Lord” and “God” *

*(printed in small capitals) - *

*is one which will be unwelcome to many, *

*because of the frequency and familiarity of the terms displaced.*

*But the American Revisers, after a careful consideration,*

*brought forth the unanimous conviction that a Jewish superstition,*

*which regarded the Divine Name as too sacred to be uttered,*

*ought no longer to dominate in the English *

*or any other version of the Old Testament,*

*as it unfortunately does not in the numerous versions made by the
missionaries.*

*This Memorial Name, explained in Exodus 3:14-15,*

*and emphasized as such over and over in the original text of the Old
Testament,*

*designates God as the personal God,*

*as the covenant God,*

*the God of revelation,*

*the Deliverer,*

*the Friend of his people;-*

*not merely the abstractly “Eternal One” of many French translations,*

*but the ever living Helper of those who are in trouble.*

*This personal name, with its wealth of sacred associations, *

*is now restored to the place in the sacred text*

*to which it has an unquestionable claim.”*

 It seems appropriate that the spiritual gospel of John should have its
roots in God's Personal Name that He gave to Moses in Exodus, the second
book of the Old Testament.

 Jesus and His words are one. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word
was with God, and *the Word was God*. To feed on Jesus’ words and act upon
them is to become partakers of the divine nature (2 Peter 1:4). Jesus’
words are spirit and life.

 Memory Verse: John 1:12 - *“But as many as received him, to them gave he
authority to become children of God, **even** to them that believe unto his
:name.”*