Why Another?

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 13:55:08 PDT 2012

July 10, 2012

 *2012-07-10 - Why Another Interlinear Greek NT?*

 *Because of the unique nature of this “Outlined Interlinear NT”.*

 *1. It is the only Interlinear Greek NT based on God’s Bible Numerics
discovered by Ivan Panin in 1890. To understand this in part, turn to our
Website <www.2rbetter.org> and click on Archives. Scroll down to 2011.01.02
“Cutting Edge Ministries on Panin.” This article on “Russia’s Gift to
Christianity” based on diligent research - has insights that I believe will
satisfy most earnest seekers.*

 *2. God also led Panin to discover the “Outline Format” also based on His
Bible Numerics. Every sentence, sub-paragraph, paragraph, section (chapter
equivalent) shows the accurate context for each word and clause of the NT.
When I discovered Mr. Panin’s discoveries in 1945, I have since outlined
the entire NT by first summarizing each sentence in 8 words or less;
gathered these summaries into the sub-paragraphs; these into paragraphs;
these into sections; and the sections into each of the 27 NT book Titles.*

 *I have left a space above each summary so that you the reader can cross
out my summary and substitute your own. Whether it is an improvement or not
- your effort will bring insights that for you will be most rewarding. My
summaries are not inspired like the transliterated Greek text. And even
Panin’s English translation is not inspired like the Greek text. However,
because it is based on God’s Bible Numeric Greek text, and guided by
Panin’s Bible Numeric Lexicon (10 years in the production) - it has merit
and insights that will bring great reward.*

 *I have worked the Outlined Format of his English text back into the Greek
text, for Panin did not discover this sentence structure (but set for in
the English text) at that time. He sent his Greek text to be printed in
England by the Oxford Press.*

 *To make it easier for Laymen, I have brought the Greek punctuation
parallel to the English.*

 *3. To also make it easier for Laymen to use this product, I have
transliterated the Greek text according to the Berlitz method of learning a
new language for tourists. Scholars will have no difficulty in changing
this back into the original Greek text.*

 *I have B.A. and M. Div. degrees, plus six hours short of an M.A. in
“Speech” from North Western University of Illinois - with 5 years each of
Latin, Greek and Hebrew. I studied Classical Greek under Rhodes Scholar Dr.
Leddy, head of the Greek Department of the University of Saskatchewan. I do
not count myself a scholar, though I have spent close to 50,000 hours
bringing this Manuscript to the point of being printed. A team of 20 have
been working with me in the last few years, and a core team of 4 or 5.*

 *4. This page format for this product has been established by Winston
Churchill’s manuscript for his speeches, and Peter Marshall’s format for
his sermons. I typed up Panin’s entire English NT in a centered format, and
hand copied his text in Greek underneath - clause by clause and sentence by
sentence. It is not a word by word product as in other Interlinears, so
that laymen can more easily grasp the thought over against a prose context.*

 *This also has the advantage when praying or meditating over this text, to
follow more easily the thinking of the Spirit as He inspired the 8 NT
writers.*

 *5. Joshua meditated upon the 5 books of Moses according to Joshua 1:8.
George Muller and George Whitefield meditated upon the NT in a similar
manner. This Interlinear NT format will make it yet easier for us today to
meditate, and bring us into intimate union and communion with our Triune
God.*

 *6. Our Printers have made valuable suggestions that will make it yet
easier to make the utmost use of this product. The English text is in a
heavy black 12-point font. The Greek transliteration has been placed
beneath this, which is the same order as in my original manuscript
completed in 1967. My summaries are above each sentence in 8-point caps.
Though this is a departure from the 60 or more other Interlinears - we
believe it will be conducive to a more profitable “devotional” use.*

 *My original format was 8 ½ x 11. Our Printers have reduced this to a
6 x 9format, which will also
be much easier to transfer it to an “E-book” format.*

 *7. The 6th and last Proof-Reading has been returned to the Printers - who
believe that potential readers can order this product this summer - through
<www.btjohnsonpublishing.com> .*

 *8. In the Introduction to this 4 volume product (Vol. 1 - Mt & Mk; Vol. 2
- Lk & Jn; Vol. 3 - Acts to 1 Corinthians; Vol. 4 - 2 Corinthians to
Revelation) there is a diagram of a Laser-Telescope with 7 Component parts.
Part 1 is this “Outlined Interlinear NT”, the key Component Part of the 7.
This makes the Interlinear not an end in itself - but a means to an end -
in the hands of our Lord Jesus. He uses a team of 8 to remove Satanic
obstacles over cities, regions, states and provinces, and nations - and
then bringing revival as a result. Some additional information you will
also find in the Introduction that will be helpful in understanding how to
make ultimate use of this unique Interlinear - based on the major
discoveries of Ivan Panin.*

 *I am enclosing 1 John 2:7-17 as an example of the above. This is not from
the printed text, but from my original 8 ½ x 11 manuscript, including
Strong’s numbers following significant Greek words, plus my personal notes.
These latter are omitted from the printed product. I personally do not
believe it is proper to put our human contribution with God’s Word. The
Schofield Bible has done this, with great damage I believe to its readers.
Mr. Schofield was an attorney with no theological training. Some think he
should have stuck with his lawyer calling.*

 *He borrowed from John Darby of the Plymouth Brethren of England. Mr.
Darby borrowed a prophecy from a woman, claiming that Jesus was not
returning once, but twice. Once secretly for His saints, and then openly to
bring judgment. Such had not been heard of until the 1830’s. The woman’s
pastor rejected her prophecy, as did Charles Haddon Spurgeon of the
Metropolitan Tabernacle of London, George Muller of the Bristol Orphanage,
and Samuel Tregelles, outstanding Greek and Hebrew Scholar of England.*

 *These did their utmost to prevent this unjudged prophecy to take effect.
But it was as in the days of Samuel the prophet at the time Israel wanted
to replace God and Samuel with a King. God said to Samuel, “Let them have
their way - they are not rejecting you - but Me.”*

 *So the Christians of the Western world had not rejected Muller, Spurgeon
and Tregelles - but God. They wanted an easy-believism - without testing,
persecution and suffering. Such is unscriptural. The Holy Spirit through
Paul clearly teaches what is our lot down here - like Job.*

 *Dr. James R. Graham, Presbyterian missionary to China, was asked to
translate the Schofield notes into Chinese for Chinese Bibles. Half way
through his assignment, he discovered that these notes did not line up with
Scripture, and refused to complete the assignment. Chinese believers said
to the Missionaries - “You told us that Christians would escape
tribulation! The Communists have persecuted, tortured and martyred millions
of us. We now can’t believe the other teachings you gave us.”*

 *My maxim is - “Let God say what He wants to say - and let the Bible mean
what it wants to mean.” So I refuse to let my notes be part of this
publication. On our Website - if you wish, you can click on “Interlinear”
and see my some 500 notes referring to the 500 Interlinear mailings. But
please, put them secondary to God’s Word, and not connected with it.
J.A.Watt*

 C. 1 John - 2:7-17 DIVINE FELLOWSHIP IS VICTORIOUS

1. 2:7-8 GOD’S WORD IN VICTORY

a. 2:7 THE WORD: THE OLD COMMANDMENT

*Beloved, no new commandment write I to you,*

A-ga-p*e*TOI, ouk en-toL*E*N kaiN*E*N [2537] GRAph*o* huMIN,

*but an old commandment which you had from the beginning:*

all’ en-toL*E*N pa-laiAN [3820] *e*n EIche-te ap’ arCH*E*S:

*the old :commandment is the word which you heard.*

h*e* en-toL*E* h*e* pa-laiA es-tin ho LOgos hon *e*KOUsa-te.

 b. 2:8 A WALK IN LIGHT AND LOVE: A NEW COMMANDMENT

*Again, a new commandment write I to you, which **thing **is true in him
and in you;*

PAlin, en-toL*E*N kaiN*E*N GRAph*o* huMIN, HO es-tin a-l*e*THES [227] en auT
*O* kai en huMIN;

*because the darkness is passing away, and the true :light already shines.*

HOti h*e* skoTIa [4653] paRAge-tai, kai to ph*o*s [5457] to a-l*e*-thiNON *E
*d*e* PHAInei [5316].

 2. 2:9-11 GOD’S LOVE IN VICTORY

a. 2:9* Who says he is in the light and hates his :brother, is in the
darkness even until now.*

Ho LEg*o*n en t*o* ph*o*TI EInai kai ton a-delPHON auTOU miS*O*N, en
t*e*skoTIa esTIN HE
*o*s ARti.

 b. 2:10 * Who loves his :brother abides in the light, and no stumbling is
in him.*

ho a-gaP*O*N ton a-delPHON auTOU en t*o* ph*o*TI MEnei, kai SKANda-lon en
auT*O* ouk EStin.

 c. 2:11 A BLIND WALK: RESULT OF HATRED OF BROTHER

*But who hates his :brother is in the darkness,*

ho de miS*O*N ton a-delPHON auTOU en t*e* skoTIa esTIN,

*and walks in the darkness, and knows not where he goes,*

kai en t*e* skoTIa pe-ri-paTEI, kai ouk OIden pou huPAgei,

*because the darkness has blinded his :eyes.*

HOti h*e* skoTIa eTUPHl*o*-sen [5186] tous oph-thalMOUS auTOU.

 3. 2:12-17 GOD’S KNOWLEDGE IN VICTORY

a. 2:12* I write to you, little children, because your :sins are forgiven
you for his :name’s sake.*

GRAph*o* huMIN, tekNIa, HOti aPHE*o*n-tai [863] huMIN hai ha-marTIai diA to
Ono-ma auTOU.

 b. 2:13a* I write to you, fathers, because you know him who is from
thebeginning.
*

GRAph*o* huMIN, paTEres, HOti egN*O*ka-te [1097] ton ap’ arCH*E*S.

 c. 2:13b* I write to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one
.*

GRAph*o* huMIN, ne-aNISkoi [3495], HOti ne-niK*E*ka-te [3528] ton po-n*e*RON
[4190].

 d. 2:13c* I wrote to you, little children, because you know the Father.*

Egra-psa huMIN, paiDIa [3813], HOti egN*O*ka-te ton paTEra.

 e. 2:14a* I wrote to you, fathers, because you know him who is from
thebeginning.
*

Egra-psa huMIN, paTEres, HOti egN*O*ka-ton ap’ arCH*E*S.

 f. 2:14b THREE QUALIFICATIONS FOR YOUNG MEN IN CHRIST!

*I wrote to you, young men, because you are strong,*

Egra-psa huMIN, ne-aNISkoi, HOti is-chuROI [2478] es-te,

*and the word of :God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one.*

kai ho LOgos tou TheOU en huMIN MEnei [3306], kai ne-niK*E*ka-te [3528] ton
po-n*e*RON.

 g. 2:15a* Love not the world, neither the things in the world.*

m*e* a-gaPAte ton KOSmon, m*e*DE ta en t*o* KOSm*o*.

 h. 2:15b * If any loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.*

eAN tis a-gaPA ton KOSmon, ouk EStin h*e* aGAp*e* tou paTROS en auT*O*.

 i. 2:16 OPPOSITES: THE WORLD AND THE FATHER!

*Because all that **is** in the world, the lust of the flesh*

HOti pan to en t*o* KOSm*o*, h*e* e-pi-thuMIa [1939] t*e*s sarKOS [4561]

*and the lust of the eyes and the vainglory of :life,*

kai h*e* e-pi-thuMIa t*o*n oph-thalM*O*N kai h*e* a-la-zoNIa [212] tou BIou
[979],

*is not of the Father, but is of the world.*

ouk EStin ek tou paTROS, alLA ek tou KOSmou esTIN.

 j. 2:17 THE TRANSITORY WORLD VERSUS THE ETERNAL GOD

*And the world passes away, and the lust thereof:*

kai ho KOSmos paRAge-tai [3855], kai h*e* e-pi-thuMIa auTOU:

*but who does the will of :God abides unto the age.*

Ho de poi*O*N to THEl*e*-ma [2307] tou TheOU MEnei eis ton ai*O*na [165].

 *NOTE:* Many Bible students have noted that God loves to set forth truth
in “threes”. The Triunity of the Godhead is “Father, Son and Holy Spirit”.
Man is made in the image of God: “body, soul and spirit”. Moses’ Tabernacle
and Solomon’s Temple are “Outer Court, Holy Place and Holy of Holies”.

 Now here in 1 John we find two more, out of scores of examples of 3-fold
truths. The Holy Spirit through John writes to - “little children, young
men and fathers”. God would have us all reach the third stage, yet we all
start out in the Kingdom of God as little children. Natural birth, growth
and development are a fitting type of this.

 Then John takes “young men”, and reveals the potential of a three-fold
victory: “strong, the word of God abiding, and overcoming the evil one”.

 The above are less than 10 examples of 3-fold truths. Out of curiosity I
have listed over 100 such examples. You who read this might obtain a
blessing by seeing how many you can collate from Bible study. - J.A.Watt