The Hobgoblin of Little Minds

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 12:41:10 PDT 2012

July 7, 2012

 *2012-07-07 - “CONSISTENCY: THE HOBGOBLIN OF LITTLE MINDS”*

*(An Oswald Chambers Quotation in “Our Utmost for His Highest”)*

 *The above Title was an insight that freed me from trying to be perfect
like God! Only God Himself in His Triunity is Perfect! When some things
show up in our lives that are not consistent, they only show up our
humanity - and allow others to see the perfection of our God.*

 *Jesus is the only man who was perfect in all His Words and all His deeds.
Three times the Heavenly Father thundered down from Heaven - “This is My
beloved Son - in whom I am well pleased - Hear Him!”*

 *Not one Word He spoke - not one deed He performed - but originated
through Him as the Son of Man - from His Heavenly Father! He perfectly
fulfilled the 4 prophetic Songs in Isaiah looking forward to Him - our
Messiah and Christ at His first coming.*

 *Can any of us emulate such perfection? No - not one. In Revelation
chapter 5 John wept because no one in heaven or earth was worthy to open
the booklet with the seven seals - but Jesus! Not Paul, not Moses, not
Abraham, not Joseph, not Job, not Noah, not Daniel - just Jesus! The
glorified Son of Man!*

 *So if none of us as members of the human or angelic race - either in
heaven or on earth - is found perfectly consistent like the Glorified Son
of Man - let us not feel badly. Nor let us always down here strive for
absolute consistency. It is not in “the cards” for us!*

 *So once I ceased striving for absolute sinless perfection - immediately I
entered into a place of peace and rest. I still strive to fulfill the maxim
of my mother - “If a thing is worth doing at all - it is worth doing well!”
Amen! That I believe and accept. That I have sought to fulfill in my part
in the production of God’s “Outlined Interlinear NT”. I trust all others
involved in the same production - walk in the peace of this same insight.*

 *Long ago God quickened to me Paul’s word in Romans 7:18 - “For I know
that in me, that is, in my :flesh, dwells no good...” I accept and
acknowledge this! Only Jesus in me by the power of His indwelling Spirit -
is perfect. On the basis of His “Finished Work” at Calvary, He has provided
for us Justification and Reconciliation. He has on this basis imparted to
us His own perfect heredity!*

 *I also acknowledge Philippians 3:3, and receive its 3-fold challenge -
“for we are the circumcision, who worship by God’s Spirit, and glory in
Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh...” If Paul had no
confidence in his flesh, with all its past pedigree - how much less have
any of us to find in ourselves - apart from Him - any merit! What a relief
to see and accept the revelation of God’s Word at this point.*

 *Early in my Christian walk, God led me to accept the challenge of a book
I ran across - “Let God say want He want to say - and the Bible mean
what itwant to mean!” Billy Graham early in his ministry came to the
same
conclusion - He could not fully understand all of God’s thinking as found
in the Bible - but he could take the entire Bible by faith - and say in his
preaching - “The Bible says!” Yes! This is a worthy and wise conclusion!*

 *And Russian Ivan Panin - was he perfect? Not at all. But the perfect
Lordallowed him in 1890 to discover His perfect “Bible Numerics”,
which Panin
used to produce a perfect Greek text of the NT - the same as the originals
from the hand God through 33 chosen writers. Peter expressed it this way in
his second epistle in chapter 2:21 - “For no prophecy was ever borne by
man’s will; but men spoke from God, being borne on by the Holy Spirit.” And
Paul confirmed this revelation in 1 Corinthians 14:37 - “If any thinks
himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him take knowledge of what
thingsI write you, that it is
the Lord’s commandment.”*

 *But not only did God permit Panin to discover through His “Bible
Numerics” - the original Greek NT text - with no alternate readings - but
also the sentence, sub--paragraph, paragraph and section structure of each
of the 27 NT books.*

 *These 2 discoveries of Panin from the hand of God are perfect! His
translation of this Greek text, though not perfect - yet because based on
the perfect Greek text - is there as a Bible Numeric translation - far
superior to any other translation. And because of his sentence and
paragraph structure discovery - it has allowed me to put together his 2
Bible Numeric texts into an Interlinear format, and outline each sentence,
gather these into sub-paragraph, paragraph, section and book summaries.*

 *These outlined summaries are like Panin’s English translation -
notperfect. For this reason I have left spaces above each title and
summary,
so that you the reader can cross mine out and replace them with your own.
Yours won’t be perfect either - but your exercise in doing so, will give
you a deeper grasp on God's Word in a simpler, clearer and more productive
manner. Such will lead us together into an intimacy with the Father.*

 *In the Outer Court of the Tabernacle through the Brazen Altar and Laver -
our bodies become Temples of the Holy Spirit. Through the Menorah, Table of
Bread and Altar of Incense in the Holy Place, we unite our souls with our
Savior. But with the Ark of the Covenant and the Mercy Seat - we enter in
the Holy of Holies into union and communion with God the Father in our
spirits.*

 *So - we await our resurrection at the Return of our Lord Jesus - when we
join Him with resurrection bodies and perfection. Until then - we put up
with our imperfect state - yet with the Perfect One living out His perfect
life through us as we learn to yield fully to Him. Full consistency on our
part down here? Not yet! Full consistency and full perfection await the
return of our Savior - the “Blessed Hope”!*

 *So - I for one - will not strive for perfect consistency now - the
“Hobgoblin of Little Minds” - according to Oswald Chambers and Emerson -
but - I will strive to “do well” all that God leads me to do.*

 *So - very soon - receive the close team effort of some 4-5 of us in the
production of the “Outlined Interlinear NT” - and acknowledge the fuller
team of some 20 of us including the leaders of 3 Intercessor Prayer teams.*

 *The final proof-reading has gone to the Printer. Here is the Publication
Website <www.BTJohnsonPublishing.com>. Use this for the production date and
how to order.*

 *This is the 70th year fulfillment of the dream of Ivan Panin for this
Interlinear NT combining his 2 NT works. He died in December 1942 in
Aldershot, Ontario at the age of 87. Shortly before his death - God called
me into the Navy where He chose to reveal Himself to me. In July 1944 a
Russian Jew put in my hands the information on some 20 books and pamphlets
“on” or “by” Panin. In 1946 I discovered the joy of outlining the book of
Ephesians based on Panin’s discoveries. That year I accepted the assignment
to put together in Outlined Interlinear format the entire NT. Now in July
2012, 70 years later - in God’s timing for His purposes - it is about to
move into your hands. May it be as great a blessing to you as it has been
to me in its preparation.         Jim Watt*