Acts 21:15-24:27 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 12:29:16 PST 2012

January 28, 2012

 *APR 21 - ACTS 21:15-24:27 - CHURCH GROWTH: PAUL'S EVANGELISM*

 *1. 21:15 (21:15-16) PAUL TO JERUSALEM. “And after these :days we made
ready our baggage and went up to Jerusalem” (NNT). *Right or wrong, Paul
made a commitment as he understood You Father, and followed through. He *
always* gave You the benefit of the doubt! He was Your apostle of going the
third mile! Help us to emulate this burning heart for You! *Hallowed be
your :name!*

 *2. 21:23-24 (21:17-26) PAUL: ACTS ON ADVICE OF JERUSALEM ELDERS. “Do
therefore this that we say to you: We have four men that have a vow from
themselves; 24 these take, and purify yourself with them, and be at charges
for them, that they may shave their heads**:** and all shall know that
thereis nothing in what they have been informed concerning you; but
that
yourself also are firm keeping the law.” *Was this compromise? We think
not. Was this not in accordance with the heart of Your apostle, Father (ROM
9:1-5; 11:13-14; 1 COR 9:22)? *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. 21:28 (21:27-36) ASIAN JEWS: BRING CITY INTO AN UPROAR. “Men of
Israel, help: This is the man that teaches all everywhere against the
people, and the law, and this :place; and moreover he brought Greeks also
into the temple, and has defiled this holy place.” *See how hot-heads
misconstrue facts and jump to conclusions! Father, deliver us from such:
yet, You use even them to work things together for good! *Your :will be
done, As in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 22:16 (21:37-22:21) PAUL'S COURAGEOUS TESTIMONY. “And what shall
you donow? arise,
and be baptized, and wash away your :sins, calling on his :name.” *This is
a proper response following such a definite commission. Your Spirit Father,
gave this word through Ananias. What a clear cut vision, commission and
response. O forgive us, that we fail to respond to You in as full a spirit
as did Paul! *Our :daily :bread Give us this day!*

 *5. 22:25 (22:22-29) PAUL: CLAIMS RIGHT AS A ROMAN CITIZEN. “And when they
had tied him up with thongs, :Paul said unto the centurion that stood by,
Whether it is lawful for you to scourge a Roman [man], and uncondemned? *What
a powerful ploy Paul here employed! Sometimes You lead us to avert
persecution, Father. Sometime You lead us like Jesus, to be as a lamb
before her shearers, dumb. Whatever Your leading, be with us in the hour of
testing! *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 23:11 (22:30-23:35) PAUL: UNUSUALLY DELIVERED. “And the following
night the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer: for as you have
testified :concerning me at Jerusalem, so must you witness also at Rome.” *We
see Father, that you make *all things* work together for good. What a
powerful witness of Jesus Paul gave in Jerusalem and Rome! Would he have
had this opportunity had he not obeyed You in going up to Jerusalem? *And
bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 24:14-15 (24:1-27) PAUL'S BOLD CONFESSION OF FAITH. “But this I
confess to you, that after the Way which they call a sect, so serve I the
God of our fathers, believing all things which are according to the law,
and which are written in the prophets; 15 having hope toward :God which
these also themselves look for, that there shall be a resurrection both of
just and unjust.” *In the light of this testimony Father, *Yours is* the
Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory for ever. Amen! *But deliver us from
the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 24:16 (24:1-27) PAUL'S COMMENDABLE EXAMPLE. “Herein I also
exercise myself to have a conscience void of offense toward :God and :men
always.” *This is a good resolution in the light of judgment to come!

 Though Rees Howells spent the majority of his life in Wales, and six years
in Africa as a missionary - yet his influence has been largely in America,
especially through his biography by Norman P. Grubb, “Rees Howells,
Intercessor.”

 However, at the encouragement of Mr Grubb and Samuel Rees Howells, son of
his father Rees - Doris M. Ruscoe has written a follow-up on his biography
entitled, “The Intercession of Rees Howells.” *This book explains the
Scriptural and applied principle of Rees Howells' mission in life. It
provides the key to his life's work.*

 Doris Ruscoe first came to the Bible College of Wales in 1932. She writes,
“After some years of local preaching in Derbyshire I was spiritually 'dried
up' and earnestly seeking to meet God in a new way ... the answer came to
me through Rees Howells ... The meeting fascinated me. I was gripped with a
sense of God's presence as never before, and the first time I heard Rees
Howells speak I knew here was a man who really knew God and knew him in a
way I had never met in anyone before.”

 As the war approached Rees Howells declared that prayer was not enough,
only the deep spiritual commitment of intercession would take them through
the dark days that lay ahead.

 The author shows, in the words of Norman Grubb “how the Holy Spirit led
Rees Howells from his new birth onwards, to discover the principles of
Intercession. She traces for us his earlier stages of learning and
application, fascinating to those of us who by grace are being taken the
same way.”

 And now - our Psalm for the day: *111:5-6 (111:1-10) GREAT ARE THE LORD'S
WORKS! “He provides food for those who fear him; **he remembers his
covenant forever**. **6** He has shown his people the power of his works,
in giving them the inheritance of the nations” (ESV). *All Your works
Father, are righteous and just; in mercy and covenant love (CHEsed) You
balance Your purposes. Your dealings with us and circumstances show that
mercy and truth kiss each other. * Hallowed be your :name!*