Acts 19:21-21:14

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 15:19:23 PST 2012

January 27, 2012

 *APR 20 - ACTS 19:21-21:14 - CHURCH GROWTH AND THE HOLY SPIRIT*

 *1. 19:26 (19:21-41) PAUL'S DECISION IN SPIRIT: EXPLOSION IN EPHESUS. “And
you see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all
:Asia, this :Paul has persuaded and turned away a large crowd, saying that
they are no gods, that are made with hands” (NNT). *These who have turned
the world upside down are come here also (17:6)! This was spoken in
Thessalonica, but the same turmoil is in Ephesus. Your Kingdom Father,
first brings a sword of division, even as Jesus said! *Hallowed be your
:name!*

 *2. 20:1 (20:1-6) PAUL: INTERLUDE IN GREECE. “And after the uproar ceased,
:Paul having sent for the disciples and exhorted them, took leave,
anddeparted to go into Macedonia.”
*When they persecute you in one town, flee to another. These were the words
of Your Son Jesus, Father. Sometimes wisdom is the better part of valor!
May we always be sensitive to Your Spirit, to apply correct guidance from
Your Word! *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 20:7 (20:7-12) PAUL IN TROAS: RAISING OF EUTYCHUS. “And upon the first
day of the week, when we were gathered to break bread, :Paul discoursed
with them, intending to depart on the morrow; and prolonged his :speech
until midnight.” *What hunger existed for Your Word in those early days,
Father! O may we too hunger after Jesus, the true manna; and thirst after
Your Spirit, true drink! *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 20:16 (20:13-16) PAUL: BY FOOT TO MILETUS. “For :Paul had determined
to sail past :Ephesus, so that he might not have to spend time in :Asia;
for he was hastening, if it were possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the
day of :Pentecost.” *Paul was Yours in a unique way, Father; he walked in
ways well-pleasing to You, and was able to say, *Follow me*, *as I follow
Christ*! O forgive us that we settle for lesser goals. Lord plant our feet
on higher ground! *Our :daily :bread, Give us this day!*

 *5. 20:32 (20:17-38) PAUL'S FAREWELL MESSAGE TO THE EPHESIANS. “And :now I
commend you to the Lord, and to the word of his :grace, which is able to
build up, and to give the inheritance among all the sanctified.” *The Word
of Your Grace at this time Father, was the Old Covenant of prophecy, types
and shadows which you had revealed to Paul especially. The New Testament
was not yet written. The New is in the Old contained; the Old is by the New
explained! *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our
:debtors.*

 *6. 21:4 (21:1-6) PAUL: A WARNING THROUGH THE SPIRIT. “And having found
the disciples, we tarried there seven days: and these told :Paul through
the Spirit, not to set foot in Jerusalem.” *Paul had a clearer word from
the Lord directly, and could not be distracted by this true word of
warning. The Gospel of the Kingdom is furthered when we obey You directly,
Father! *And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 21:11 (21:7-14) PAUL: WARNED THROUGH AGABUS BY THE SPIRIT. “And coming
unto us, and taking the girdle of Paul, he bound his own :feet and :hands,
and said, These things says the Holy :Spirit, Thus shall the Jews at
Jerusalem bind the man whose this :girdle is, and shall deliver him
into thehands of
the nations.” *This was a traumatic situation. Christians still are divided
as to whether Paul was right or wrong. But the future release of Your
Kingdom Father, justified Paul! *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE: 20:35 (20:17-38) PAUL'S EXAMPLE. “In all things I gave you an
example, that so laboring you ought to help the weak, and to remember the
words of the Lord Jesus, that Himself said, It is more blessed to give than
to receive.” *Paul walked in this word of Jesus, and would have all of us
do also!* *

 Please go to our Website *<www.2rbetter.org> *and click on “Interlinear.”
Then scroll down to Acts 21:1-14, and check on the NOTE at the bottom.
There the principle introduced by Agabus and other prophets in this reading
- is expanded upon. This insight has an importance, that if acted upon -
will free many believers from rushing around on lower plains of confusion.

 To listen to Joel Osteen from Houston Texas - will teach one how to
*major*on the
*Bible*, especially *the NT*. *Don't* major on what the enemy is doing! Let
him do his thing! That's his business! Don't talk about it. Talk about what
*God* is doing, and what *His Word* says. Be a Joshua. Let 1:8 be your
touch-stone. Let not *God's word* depart from your mouth. *Meditate* upon *
it* day and night - *not* what Satan is doing - or your doubts and fears.
Then *do* what you meditate upon from God's Word - and *then* reap the
reward of making your *way prosperous* and having good success. *This* is
the Word of God. See also Psalm 19:14 and Psalm one.

 *And*, make the New Covenant, the NT, the focal point of your *meditation*!
Remember what Dr. David Stern says about Hebrews 8:6 (8:1-13) - “But
*now*has he [Jesus] obtained a ministry the
*more superior*, by *so much* as he is also mediator of a *better
covenant*(than the OT) which has been enacted (or constituted as
Torah, the law)
upon better promises.

 Here we learn that God has made the New Covenant the same as the Old
Covenant - to *meditate* upon! As a matter of fact, George Muller contends
we should meditate and do the NT *more* than the OT!

 In 1 Timothy 4:15 (4:11-16) Paul tells Timothy to be *diligent in
meditating* upon the things he is writing to him there! *Don't* meditate on
negatives and Satan's doings. Settle it that you will *think* on the things
of God! See Philippians 4:8 (4:4-16). These *8 things* here to *think
on*, *speak
on*, *do* and *live*! Meditating on such things will *free* you from
Satan's deceptions, your own negativity, and lead you into God's spiritual
prosperity and success. Joel Osteen's messages lead his people into
*this*syndrome.

 And now our Psalm for the day: *110:1 (1-7) SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND. “The
LORD says to my Lord: 'Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your
footstool'” (ESV). *This is a remarkable Psalm, with unusual New Covenant
significance. 6 times it is quoted in the NT, *more* than any other portion
of the OT! Father, You speak here of Your Son, after the order of
Melchizedek. You speak of His ultimate victory over *all* His enemies. And *
You* have placed *us* in *Him*! Hallelujah! *Hallowed be your :name!*