John 10:22-12:50

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 18:10:15 PST 2011

November 11, 2011

  *MAR 26 - JOHN 10:22-12:50 - JESUS: ENEMIES PLAN HIS DEATH*

 *1. 10:27-28 (10:22-39) JESUS: SECURITY FOR HIS SHEEP. “:My :sheep hear my
:voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 and I give them eternal
life; and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my
:hand” (NNT). *In Your eternal purpose and plan Father, we are in Your Son,
the last Adam, the Head of Your *new creation*. You were in Christ
reconciling the world to Yourself. In this we see Your Majesty! *Hallowed
be your :name!*

 *2. 10:41-42 (10:40-42) JESUS: MANY BELIEVE ON HIM. “And many came unto
him, and they said [that], John indeed did no sign: but all things whatever
John spoke of this man were true. 42 And many believed unto him there.” *How
wonderful is Your Son Jesus, Father! We magnify You for Him, and You *in Him
*! We too believe in Him. *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. 11:25-26 (11:1-53) JESUS: RESURRECTS LAZARUS! “:Jesus said to her, I
am the resurrection, and the life: who believes unto me shall live, even if
he die; 26 and every one who lives and believes unto me shall nowise die
unto the age.” *Father, Jesus is in You, and You are in Your *fullness* in
Your Son! Resurrection Life flows out of this union in tremendous power!
Your Son granted Lazarus life from the dead. *Your :will be done, As in
heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 11:57 (11:54-57) JESUS: HIS LIFE THREATENED. “Now the chief priests
and the Pharisees had given orders, that, if any knew where he was, he
should show it, that they might take him.” *The Jewish rulers could not
stand Jesus. They did not know You Father, and in their fear of man they
feared for their carnal position in Israel. O forgive us, that this same
spirit sometimes permeates us also! *Our :daily :bread Give us this day!*

 *5. 12:3 (12:1-11) JESUS: HIS DEATH CONSULTED. “:Mariam therefore took a
pound of ointment of pure nard, very precious, and anointed the feet of
:Jesus, and wiped his :feet with her :hair: and the house was filled with
the odor of the ointment.” *Father, we bless You that Your Son received
this sacrifice with approval. How it showed up the evil heart of Judas and
the lack in the rest of the disciples! *And forgive us our :debts, As we
also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 12:13 (12:12-19) JESUS: HIS TRIUMPHAL ENTRY. “[As Jesus was coming to
Jerusalem, the great crowd] took the branches of the palm trees, and went
out to meet him, and shouted, Hosanna: Blessed who comes in the Lord's
Name, Even the King of :Israel.” *Yes Father, we join the multitude in
glorifying Your Son Jesus, Your chosen. In Him all Your purposes find
fulfillment! *And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 12:23-24 (12:20-50) JESUS: GREEKS PRECIPITATE HIS DEATH. “And :Jesus
answers them, saying, The hours is come, that the Son of :man should be
glorified. 24 Amen, Amen, I say unto you, Except the grain of the wheat
fall into the earth and die, it abides by itself alone; but if it die, it
bears much fruit.”*

This is the secret of Your Kingdom, Father: Out of death comes life. We
identify ourselves with Christ by denying ourselves and taking up our
cross. *But deliver us from the evil **one!*

 *NOTE**: 12:49 (12:20-50) JESUS: SPOKE ONLY FROM THE FATHER. “Because I
spoke not from myself; but the Father that sent me, HE has given me
commandment, what I should say, and what I shall speak.” *O Father, we
magnify You in Your Son for His great faithfulness! May we too glorify You
in like measure.

 The Raising of Lazarus from the dead, was followed soon by the Palm Sunday
accolades and glorification of Jesus. These two events in the mind of the
Pharisees absolutely required the death of Jesus. They felt their whole
position in Israel was in jeopardy because of Jesus, and therefore He had
to go. It was just finding the proper time and occasion. Judas provided the
latter.

 Then when Jesus heard from Philip that Greeks were seeking Him - He knew
that He could not produce the church, the One New Man, composed of Jew and
Gentile in a new Covenant - namely Himself through His blood! - except
through His immediate death. Therefore John 12 points out His full
understanding that He as a kernel of wheat must fall into the ground and
die. Then in His Resurrected form, He would be able to bear much fruit, and
as Head of this spiritual body, He could in the Father bring each one of us
into His Kingdom; and upon His return we would each one receive resurrected
bodies like His!

 As the Great High Priest of our *confession* - after the order of
Melchizedek - He also as our Great Intercessor - is about to pray through
and into effect all things foretold in Scripture.

 Also, the end of this section opens up for us John 13-17 - one unit,
majoring on the Paraclete - the coming Holy Spirit - to take Jesus' place
during the church age. *Better* the Holy spirit abiding *within* us, than
Jesus being *with us*!

 And now - our Psalm for the day: *86:8-9 (86:1-17) GREAT IS YOUR STEADFAST
LOVE - YOUR **CHE**SED! “There is none like you among the gods, O Lord, nor
are there any works like yours. **9** All the nations you have made shall
come and worship before you, O LORD, and glorify your name.” *In this
prayer of David, we see also the prayer of his Greater Son: son of David,
Son of God, Messiah. We honor You Father, for Your faithfulness, and *Hallow
your :name!*

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES - Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/ *