John 7:1-10:21

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 13:02:45 PST 2011

November 10, 2011

 *MAR 25 - JOHN 7:1-10:21 - JESUS: CAUSES BITTER OPPOSITION*

 *1. 7:6-7 (7:1-13) JESUS: DISBELIEVED BY HIS BROTHERS. “:Jesus therefore
said to them, “:My :season is not yet come; but your :season is always
ready. 7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hates, because I witness of
it, that its :works are evil” (NNT). *Division is in one's own house
because of unbelief and fear of man above fear of God! All these things
Jesus prophesied, and experienced. Yet it did not change Him, or *You*,
Father! *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *2. 7:16-17 (7:14-36) JESUS: TEACHES IN THE TEMPLE. “Jesus therefore
answered them, and said, My :teaching is not mine, but his that sent
me. 17If any wills to do his :will, he shall know of the teaching,
whether it is
of :God, or whether I speak from myself.” *What sublime confidence in You,
Father! How far short of Your glory we come! O help our unbelief. *Your
:kingdom come.*

 *3. 7:37-38 (7:37-52) JESUS: LIVING WATER SERMON. “Now on the last, the
great day of the feast, :Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any thirst, let
him come unto me and drink. 38 Who believes unto me, as the scripture has
said, our of his :belly shall flow rivers of living water.” *What a
promise, and what a *gift*! What opposition this word created among the
rulers! *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 8:10b-11 (7:53-8:11) JESUS: ACCUSERS CONVICTED. “Woman, where are
they? did no one condemn you? 11 And she said, No one, Lord. And :Jesus
said, Neither do I condemn you: go; from now on sin no more.” *What grace
and forgiveness! How different from the accusers and rulers! Satan is the
accuser of brothers through *us*! O forgive us Father, that we yield to
him, and speak against those made in Your image! *Our :daily :bread Give us
this day.*

 *5. 8:12 (8:12-20) JESUS: LIGHT OF THE WORLD. “Again therefore :Jesus
spoke to them, saying, I am the light of the world: who follows me shall in
no wise walk in the darkness, but shall have the light of :life.” *Father,
You have made Jesus *Light* and *Bread*! This was a cause of stumbling and
offense to both people and rulers. Only *You* restrained them at this time.
*And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 8:31-32 (8:21-59) JESUS: THREATENED WITH STONES. “:Jesus therefore
said to the Jews that had believed him, If YOU abide in my :word, you are
truly my disciples; 32 and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall
set you free.” *Father, we *believe* these words of Your Son. We believe on
the Son of God. We confess that You have made Him both Lord and Messiah,
and that He has a Name above every name, even Your Name: Jehovah the
Savior! *And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 10:14-15 (9:1-10:21) JESUS: THE GOOD SHEPHERD. “I am the good
:shepherd; and I know :mine, and :mine know me, 15 even as the Father knows
me, and I know the Father; and I lay down my :life for the sheep.” *The
true shepherd cares for his sheep, even if his own life is jeopardized.
Your Son Father, risked His life to care for such a sheep as this blind
man. We exalt you in Jesus! *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 10:16 (9:1-10:21) JESUS: SHEPHERD FOR GENTILES TOO! “And other
sheep I have which are not of this :fold: them also I must bring, and they
shall hear my :voice; and they shall become one flock, one shepherd.” *Gentiles
would soon press in to become part of Messiah's Kingdom (12:20-24). We
bless You Father, for Your Plan and Purpose in Jesus!

 He that lives godly in Christ Jesus - *shall* suffer persecution. Make no
mistake - don't be led into deception - he who is bold in the Kingdom of
God with word and life and example - *will* be hated and suffer
persecution. Jesus told his brothers: *You* the world does not hate - but
Me it hates, because I tell it that its deeds are evil! *This* is
politically incorrect! But Peter told their religious persecutors - It is
better for us to *obey God* than *you*! Jesus was persecuted for clearly
and explicitly exposing the hypocrisy of the Pharisees, and they hated Him
for it - even to plotting and carrying through with His death!

 Christian believers who are not being persecuted - may be lacking in
godliness, or perhaps are not exposing sin and hypocrisy. Even our kids
don't like to be told of disobedience - and punishment to follow.

 So this passage of 4 chapters shows the steady development and growth of
hatred against Jesus. Look at our world of today and America. See how they
are trying to remove all trace of God. “Jesus” cannot be used in public
prayer. “In God we trust” - may be removed and replaced with something
innocuous. The oath of allegiance - hurts the feelings of atheists and some
other religions. Islam looks on Christians as enemies.

 So what else is new? But many professing Christians are almost totally
ignorant of these issues! But when we look at the above selections from the
Gospel of John - and how clearly and boldly Jesus proclaimed the truth - we
cannot fail to observe why the world hated Him. Read the 4 Gospels
carefully with these thoughts in mind - and full corroboration and
agreement will come.

 But - *true* believers in Jesus - His *true* sheep - *hear* His voice,
love Him and follow Him - *and* join Him in living and speaking like Him -
even unto death. Not so much in America - but in most of the rest of the
world - martyrdom in ever increasing numbers is taking place. And by the
time the Antichrist takes over - *never* will it be seen so bad.

 Yet - *Jesus is coming*! He is *returning*! He will slay Antichrist and
the false prophet. He will cast Satan into the bottomless pit for 1000
years. Even so - come quickly - Lord Jesus! J.A. Watt

 And now our Psalm for the day - *85:12-13 (85:1-13) REVIVE US AGAIN. “Yes,
the LORD will give what is good, and our land will yield its increase.
13Righteousness will go before him and make his footsteps a way”
(ESV).
*What sublime faith in You, Father! You will do this for Israel; You will
do it for the Church also. You are *true* to Your Word, and
*faithful*altogether.
*Hallowed be your :name! *

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES - Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/ *