John 6:1-71

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 13:11:04 PST 2011

November 9, 2011

 *MAR 24 - JOHN 6:1-71 - JESUS: THE TRUE MANNA!*

 *1. 6:11 (6:1-13) JESUS: FEEDS THE 5000. :Jesus therefore took the loaves,
and having given thanks, he distributed to those sitting down; likewise
also of the fishes as much as they would” (NNT). *O the order of Your
Kingdom, Father! The multitude were seated in 50's and 100's; all were fed,
with food left over. When Your King of the Jews is in charge, *all things
are possible*! *Hallowed be your name!*

 *2. 6:19-20 (6:14-21) JESUS: WALKS ON THE SEA. “When therefore they had
rowed about five and twenty or thirty furlongs, they behold :Jesus walking
on the sea, and drawing near the boat: and they were afraid. 20 But he said
to them, It is I (E-GO ei-mi); be not afraid.” *You, Father Jehovah, were
in Christ manifesting Yourself by signs and wonders and mighty deeds.
Greater things You would do through us! *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 6:32-33 (6:22-40) JESUS: TRUE BREAD FROM HEAVEN. “:Jesus therefore
said to them, Amen, Amen, I say unto you, Not Moses gave you the bread out
of :heaven; but my :Father gives you the true :bread out of :heaven. 33 For
the bread of :God is he that comes down out of :heaven, and gives life to
the world.” *It was *You* Father, Who fed Israel for 40 years in the
wilderness. It was *You* who gave us *Jesus* as our Living Bread. * Your
:will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 6:43-44 (6:41-51) JESUS: CAUSES JEWS TO MURMUR. “Jesus answered and
said to them, Murmur not among yourselves. 44 No one can come unto me,
except the Father that sent me draw him: and I will raise him up in the
last day.” *The Jewish leaders did not want to accept Your Son Father, as
Your Messiah, Your Servant, this Son of David, to reign over them. They did
not like His claims of His relationship to You. O forgive us that so often
we too have an inadequate revelation and understanding of Your Son! *Our
:daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 6:53-54 (6:52-59) JESUS: PRESSES HOME HARD TEACHING. “:Jesus therefore
said to them, Amen, Amen, I say unto you, Except you eat the flesh of the
Son of :man and drink his :blood, you have not life in yourselves. 54 Who
feeds on my :flesh and drinks my :blood has eternal life; and I will raise
him up at the last day.” *What a hard saying for even His disciples! Yet by
submission and revelation we can see it and *perceive* it! Father, uphold
us from having low concepts of Your Son! *And forgive us our :debts, As we
also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 6:63 (6:60-65) JESUS: CAUSES DISCIPLES TO MURMUR. “It is the Spirit
that makes alive; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I have spoken
to you are spirit, and are life.” *We receive these living words from Your
Son, Father. We believe He *is* the Son of God, and that He is in You and
You in Him. To see *Jesus* is to *know You* (14:9). *And bring us not into
temptation.*

 *7. 6:66-67 (6:66-71) JESUS: SEES MANY DISCIPLES GO BACK! “Upon this many
of his :disciples went :back, and walked no more with him.  67 :Jesus said
therefore to the twelve, Would you also go away?” *Father, even many of the
disciples of Your only begotten Son went back on Him! If they forsook Him,
they will forsake us also! *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE: 6:68-69 (6:66-71) JESUS: SOLE POSSESSOR OF WORDS OF ETERNAL LIFE!
“Simon Peter answered him, Lord, unto whom shall we go? you have the words
of eternal life. 69 And WE have believed and know that YOU are the Holy One
of :God.” *O Holy Father, there are those truly Yours, who forsook
*not*Your Son. And
*there will be* the true remnant faithful to You through us! Amen!* *

 John 6 sets Jesus forth as God's true Manna, and whose shed blood
effectively makes the basis for our Redemption and the coming of the Holy
Spirit - *true drink* - and the very “heritage” of our Lord Jesus entering
into our lives!

 Our first responsibility is *always* to make and maintain a vital
relationship with our Triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The need of
mankind is secondary. If we put that first, we will burn out and be
unfruitful. If we put God first - *He* will lead us into fruitful pastures.
Remember Elijah - he had the widow and her son make *him* first some bread
- and then prophesied that the meal and oil would *not* fail till rain
came! God first - mankind second!

 See again John 15:16 (1-16) - *You did not choose me, but **I chose you**,
and appointed you, that you go and bear fruit, and **that** your :fruit
abide: that **whatever** you shall ask of the Father **in my :name**, he
may give it you.” *But first - we must be in the relationship of the branch
to the vine. Then fruit-bearing becomes effortless on our part - for the
sap of the vine causes the branch to be fruitful. The great temptation for
us - is to look at the human needs, and put them first in priority; and we
then neglect that intimate relationship and fellowship of the branch to the
vine. E. Stanley Jones well understood this principle. Just before
preaching any one of his sermons, he *always* quoted and prayed over the
above verse. The fruitfulness of his life is easily understood in this
light!

 J. Hudson Taylor, founder of the China Inland Mission, for the first 20
years or so of his Chinese service, saw little fruit with much labor. Then
God showed him where his first priority must be - through opening up John
15:1-16 to him. From then on, with one third less toil and labor, he became
fruitful in a multiplied manner! From then on in every letter he sent out,
he exhorted his readers to have a John 15:1-16 experience! *Then* they
would be like Jesus - and through Him - become broken bread and poured out
wine to others!

 John 6 was a hard message for Jesus' disciples - and *many* turned back
and walked no more with Him. They were not of Soil Four! But his 12
disciples saw the necessity of a true relationship with Jesus - and 11 of
them stuck with Him! How about you and me? J.A.Watt

 And our Psalm for the day! *84:1-2 (84:1-12) MY SOUL LONGS FOR THE COURTS
OF THE LORD! “How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD of hosts! **2** My
soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the LORD; my heart and flesh sing
for joy to the living God” (ESV). *Father, David was a man after Your own
heart, himself a true and amiable tabernacle of God! O that we each one
might have such a heart after You, and thereby *Hallow your :name!*

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES - Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/ *