Elvin Gladney & Pilot Prayer Team

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 09:33:30 PST 2011

November 8, 2011

 *2011-08-24 - PILOT PRAYER TEAM - ELVIN GLADNEY*

 *On Saturday August 20, 7:00 pm - 5 of our team met in Sumner at
headquarters for Jim Ray and John Hwang. On Friday August 19 Julie Baxter
recommended strongly that Elvin be brought into the hospital ASAP. He had a
serious case of dehydration and high blood sugar. One report on Saturday
was that he was doing better.*

 *I talked to his wife Wanda, and she confirmed that the Pilot Prayer Team
should meet, focusing primarily on the healing of Elvin. We did so, and I
asked Jim Ray to take Elvin's place and lead us in prayer on his behalf.
Jim felt led to have us consider Nehemiah and his rebuilding of the broken
down walls of Jerusalem. He reminded us that key leaders were assigned
separate portions of the wall, with a member on each side. He suggested
that we set Elvin as it were in our center, and pray for each specific
member at our sides, so that there would be no opening for the enemy to
gain access. After we prayed in this manner, Jim then read Psalm 27,
putting in Elvin's name for the first 10 verses.*

 *We sensed a strong presence of the Lord descend upon us as we prayed.
Terry Brown became a sixth member through a special phone connection. Later
Wanda told me that at the time we were praying for Elvin, she felt a very
strong presence of the Lord in the hospital room.*

 *It seemed to us that God had answered prayer on behalf of Elvin, just as
He had for the 25 year old friend in Placerville, CA when we prayed in 2009
at the request of Cindy Cowper.*

 *However, we received a report that 3 angels appeared in Elvin's hospital
room mid-Sunday morning, and took him to his heavenly home. The question
arose - Didn't we sense answered prayer for Elvin Saturday evening in the
same manner as in 2009 for the Placerville young lady? And the answer was,
Yes. Then - how do we explain the Sunday morning event?*

 *In 2009 I was leading that meeting, with Elvin strongly standing with me,
as well as the other team members. But Saturday August 20, Jim Ray was
leading the meeting as Leader for the first time. In “Rees Howells,
Intercessor” by Norman P. Grubb, Rees relates the first in the Mission to
sleep in Jesus on p. 81. He follows up this account with, “It was after
that the Holy Spirit revealed why it had been necessary to take this case -
'that no flesh should glory in His presence.' In a great position like
this, God would not be free to use it through a person who had not first
'died' to it. It is death first and then resurrection. As the first-born
and the first-fruits were to be given back to the Lord, so the first case
of healing, the first-fruits of this intercession, belonged to the Lord and
had to go to the altar.”*

 *Then on p. 99 Rees relates the difference between a prayer warrior and an
intercessor. “During his address Mr. Howells also touched on divine
healing, and told of the Lord's dealings with him over the consumptive
woman: how the first gained case had to go to the altar, because the
first-fruits belong to God; and how, although the Holy Spirit witnessed in
him that he had gained it, he had to walk it as a failure; and how through
that the Lord gave such a sentence of death to the flesh, that in all
future cases of healing self would take no glory.*

 *In telling this, he had no idea that Lord Radstock had been led the same
way. The story was afterwards recorded in his biography. He had accepted
the truth of divine healing, through James 5:15, “The prayer of faith shall
save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him ”, and pledged himself to act
on it; indeed he believed the Church's neglect of this command was the
cause of much suffering. After he had taken this stand, his eldest daughter
fell seriously ill. He had many doctors among his religious friends, but
felt led to refuse their help, yet in spite of his faith in God's word,
“heaven was silent and the child died”. Standing over her death-bed, he was
enabled to say, “Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him.” It was a
tremendous test to his faith, and caused him great personal agony; but out
of the affliction he came forth more than a conqueror, and was afterwards
used in hundreds of cases of divine healing. However, he had never
understood why his daughter had died, until he heard Mr. Howells. He took
immediate hold on the word about the first-fruits going to the altar; but
it made him wonder how the Lord had been able to reveal these laws to his
young servant. It made such an impression on him that he told Rees Howells
God had given him light which should be passed on to the church of Christ,
and as a university training would be an advantage, he would like him to go
to College at his expense. He also took him to see many of his friends, and
asked him to repeat this same point to them. But as Mr. Howells said
concerning God's claim on the first-fruits: “Only a person near it would
see it.”*

 *God immediately reminded me of these two occurrences, and it came to me
that for Jim Ray as our new leader, that his first case gained had to go to
the altar as a first-fruit. Following cases in the life of Rees Howells and
Lord Radstock would stand as a testimony to the faithfulness of God!*

 *Then I sensed a second Spirit-intimation. Elvin was a tremendous help to
me personally. We met indirectly in 1990 at Beth Simcha through Les Carr.
He later introduced us to Elvin and Wanda in the early '90's. Then in the
early 2000's we became yet closer. But when I called together the Pilot
Prayer Team on October 31, 2009, I did so because God said He was about to
activate the Laser-Telescope vision of 1967 on behalf of City Churches and
Presbyteries (Elderships) through Canada and the US.*

 *Elvin immediately agreed, and became the second of 8 members according to
the second vision of 1967. Within a year I asked if he would take over the
leadership of the PPT, which he did. He sensitively moved us to have the
leading of God's Spirit for each of our prayer requests, in line with the
teaching of Rees Howells.*

 *When I laid out before the Team the 7 Component Parts of the
Laser-Telescope of the '67 vision, he immediately laid hold of it, and had
all 8 of us move daily in light of this.*

 *Ivan Panin's “Outlined Interlinear Greek NT for Laymen” was the first of
those Component Parts. In the Fall of 2007 Marie and I resigned from our
leadership at Congregation Beth Chesed in Tacoma. I immediately started
typing up the Interlinear on our Website. My grandson Keelan Long updated
this Website by undergirding it with data-processing. For my birthday on
July 5, 2008, my wife Marie gave me an HP Laptop to expedite this, and
Keelan put on it Linux software, so he could help me from Mt. Vernon. With
the insistence of Elvin, I completed this project on December 31, 2010. In
the meantime, Elvin contacted his friend Timothy Johnson of Moses Lake, a
Printer, and so sold him with the importance of this Number One component
part of the Laser-Telescope, that Timothy felt God leading him to print
this Interlinear Greek NT, and has Volume I, the Gospels, about ready for
me for proof-reading. Through the help of my grandson, he also has the rest
of the NT readied for printing. I have proof-read all of this 4 times since
December 31, 2010.*

 *Component Part 4 from the Laser-Telescope - are the 12 Embryonic Revival
Principles that came together in 1948 at North Battleford, Saskatchewan.
Elvin sensed the importance of these 12 also. In July of 1992 the Lord
commissioned me to believe Him to bring these 12 Embryonic Principles to **
Maturity**. Elvin saw himself as a key to bring the City Churches and
Eldership in the Gate Concept - into reality throughout Cascadia (the
Pacific NW), Canada and Kenya. This is linked with the tribe of Naphtali.
He had me come to Moses Lake with him in January 2011 to share the
challenge and vision of the Interlinear Greek NT, and its place in God's
Organic Laser-Telescope. He used one of my “Overhead Pictures” of this to
illustrate this vision: in Cultus Lake, Canada; Portland Oregon, and
Abbotsford BC, I presented the vision of 1967; Elvin showed the picture of
it, and in a fiery Motivational challenge - in all 3 cities - saw no one
left in a seat! Everyone (scores including children) came forward at his
challenge to receive an impartation to be part of this Vision! I on
occasion told Elvin - “Brother - I think sometimes you see the Commissions
God has given me - more clearly than even I see them myself!*”

 *You can imagine my feeling when I heard that God had translated Elvin
from this life to the Higher! Humanly speaking one can ask - who can
replace this man who effectively wore 7 hats?*

 *But God! His glory He will not give to another. Elvin walked in all of
the 5-fold ministries of Ephesians 4:11-12. I was well aware of the 3-fold
area in which I was supported by this man.*

 *But God! Elvin is now with Him. The cloud of witnesses of Hebrews 12:1-2
has been joined by one more - pulling for all of us. God will not fail. It
may take a number down here to fill all 7 of the hats Elvin wore. But God
can do it. The Interlinear will be published! The PPT will multiply, and
through the Laser-Telescope vision and the 12-fold Embryonic Truths of 1948
coming to maturity - we will see 70 cities in Canada joined with Elderships
of 8 in each Gate, and - the US - and in the nations of the world prior to
the return of Jesus as Lord of lords and King of kings.*

 *Another hat Elvin wore: husband and father of two. Here we all can pray
and believe that Wanda and the children will more than be looked after.
Elvin was a humble man. Few knew the high gifting God placed upon him and
the many hats he wore. He did not blow his own horn. As Solomon in Proverbs
exhorted - “Let another man praise you - and not your own mouth” - so Elvin
walked. This word above may be for many the first time you have become
aware of our great loss from a human stand-point.*

 *So that we not depend unduly on His human instrument, God will have all
the glory by taking him unto Himself.*

 *And thirdly - a “Solution” we can learn from this - is “Multiplication of
Administration”. Elvin may have found it difficult in the rush of needs -
to delegate and raise up a Joshua as did Moses - for each of the areas of
his effective ministry. It is difficult to maintain proper rest, wise diet,
exercise etc., when so many are looking to us as one - for the areas of
gifting we possess. It is possible that this Home-call may not have
happened so suddenly, had these other areas been strongly maintained.*

 *George Whitefield said for himself that it was better to burn out than
rust out, and in his early 50's, he went home to be with the Lord after an
exceedingly fruitful ministry in both Great Britain and America. Perhaps
Elvin and Whitefield were spiritual brothers at this point.*

 *You will sense from above some of the areas of prayer that each of us can
engage in - because of this sudden promotion.*

 *On behalf of the Pilot Prayer Team of the Sea-Tac Metroplex - Jim Watt*

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES - Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/ *