John 13:31-14:31

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 10:47:27 PST 2011

 *MAR 28 - JOHN 13:31-14:31 - JESUS: FOUNDATION FOR HOLY SPIRIT*

 *1. 13:34-35 (13:31-35) JESUS: SPEAKS OF HIS GLORIFICATION. “A new
commandment I give you, that you love one another; even as I love you, that
you also love one another. 35 By this shall all know that you are my
disciples, if you have love one to another” (NNT). **This* is the great
fruit of the Atonement and indwelling Holy Spirit! If Jesus is glorified in
You Father, and we are in You; then we *must love* one another! *Hallowed
be your :name!*

 *2. 13:38 (13:36-38) JESUS: PREDICTS DENIAL OF PETER. “Jesus answered,
Will you lay down your :life for me? Amen, Amen, I tell you, The cock shall
in nowise crow, till you have denied me thrice.” **Presumption* is not
faith! Claiming what we do not truly understand is not necessarily faith,
but often is presumption. Help us to be humble in these areas, Father! *Your
:kingdom come!*

 *3. 14:6 (14:1-7) JESUS: HIS PREPARED PLACE. “Jesus said to him, I am the
way, and the truth, and the life: no one comes unto the Father, but through
me.” *Father, You have made Your Son Jesus to be the true and living way!
Only through Him can we find You. Only by Him can we become Your corporate
dwelling place on earth. You have given Jesus to us, Father! *Your :will be
done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 14:10 (14:8-14) JESUS: UNITY WITH HIS FATHER. “Do you not believe that
I am in the
Father and the Father is in me? the words that I say to you I speak not
from myself: but the Father abiding in me does his :works.” *Father You
want to abide is us *just as* You abide in Your Son. He is Your tent on
earth. *We* are to be Your many-roomed mansion now, and in the resurrection
Jesus will return with the dead and make Your Kingdom glorious on earth. O
forgive us that we selfishly put off this Glory as pie in the sky! *Our
:daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 14:21 (14:15-21) JESUS: PROMISES THE COMFORTER. “Who has my
commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and who loves me
shall be loved of my :Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself
to him.” *Here is the Key! O Father, help us to hear and perceive these
words of Your Son Jesus! The early disciples understood and manifested
their faith. May we believe that the Glory of the *Latter House* shall be
greater than the Former! *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have
forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 14:23-24 (14:22-24) JESUS: ANSWERS JUDE'S QUESTION. “Jesus answered
and said to him, If any love me, he will keep my :word: and my :Father will
love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24 Who
loves me not keeps not my :words: and the word which you hear is not mine,
but the Father's who sent me.” *Here is the mansion; here is the abode: You
Father, and Your Son abiding in us in Your fullness upon earth. The
*meek*shall inherit the
*earth*! By Your Spirit You will help us to understand. *And bring us not
into temptation.*

 *7. 14:26 (14:25-31) JESUS: WORK OF THE COMFORTER. “But the Comforter, the
Holy :Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, HE shall teach you all
things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.” *Your Spirit
Father, is our Paraclete, our Comforter. We rest in You and trust You to
lead us into all truth. We bless You for Your Spirit, for Pentecost
following Passover. Now we await *Tabernacles*, the Harvest, the Greatest
Feast of all, when *openly* you will show Your Kingdom and power and glory!
*But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 14:12 (14:8-14) JESUS: PROMISE TO US OF GREATER WORKS! “Amen,
Amen, I say unto you, Who believes unto me, the works that I do shall HE do
also; and greater that these shall he do; because I go unto the Father.” *You
Father, with Your Son abiding in us together, will enable us to do more
than Your Son alone. He said so. We believe Him!

 John 13-17 majors on the Holy Spirit. Jesus primarily came to Redeem and
Reconcile lost mankind back to God - who created us. Satan through Adam's
sin put *his* nature into Adam and *all* his progeny, including you and me.
Jesus by His Atoning death legally made it possible to put *His heritage
into us* - namely the Holy Spirit. No other section in the Bible more
clearly sets forth the nature and function of the Paraclete, the one set to
come alongside of us and inside of us. Many of His functions as Teacher and
Remembrance are set forth here.

 The washing of the disciples' feet by Jesus - when *they* failed to
demonstrate a “servant spirit” - is the very basis for us becoming
candidates for the Holy Spirit. The whole nature of God and Jesus is so
contrary to the nature of Satan, which was injected into us through Adam in
the Garden of Eden!

 Jesus promises all of us through His disciples - the New Jerusalem and
Paradise. Many have received visions of the reality of John 14:6 - but for
me - “Visions Beyond the Veil” by H.A. Baker - more fully and clearly
confirms this promise than any other. I know the daughter-in-law of this
author - who also confirms this - and her son, grandson of this writer, has
put forth an updated edition of this classic volume. You can obtain it
through *<www.IrisMin.com <http://www.irismin.com/>>*, Rolland and Heidi
Baker.

 The Holy Spirit in these 5 chapters is also called the Comforter! Just as
Jesus was a comfort to His disciples through His brief 3-year ministry - so
the Holy Spirit would be a *Comfort* to us the church through the next 2000
years - Jews and Gentiles together. Israel is the “firstborn” in the One
New Man - and therefore has a place of precedence that is normal for the
firstborn to receive. Paul in Romans 11 exhorts us as Gentiles to perceive
and act upon this truth. Not that Israel is better - but God in His
Sovereignty has *chosen* her for this position! Do we recognize Him as the
Potter - and we the clay? Then we will have no difficulty accepting His
choice in this.

 John 17 is the Key and Conclusion to this section. It is the High Priestly
prayer of our Lord Jesus after the order of Melchizedek. The Father
abundantly answered His prayer - by giving us the same glory as a part -
that His Son on earth had in fullness! The Glory - the Shekinah - is
closely related to the Holy Spirit.

 And now our Psalm for the day - *88:13 (88:1-18) I CRY OUT DAY AND NIGHT
BEFORE YOU! “But I, O LORD, cry to you; in the morning my prayer comes
before you” (ESV) *For even if the fig tree does not blossom ... still, I
will rejoice in the LORD. I will take joy in the God of my salvation ....
The LORD my God is my strength (Hab. 3:17a, 18-19a). Yes, we *will* *Hallow
your :name*, Father!

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES - Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/ *