Numbers 28-36

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 09:39:38 PDT 2011

November 1, 2011

 *MAR 19 - NUMBERS 28-36 - THE NEW INSTRUCTING*

 *1. 28:16-17 ((28-29) SACRIFICES AND FEASTS. “On the fourteenth day of the
first month is the LORD'S Passover, 17 and on the fifteenth day of this
month is a feast. Seven days shall unleavened bread be eaten.” *Here You
set forth for Israel Your feasts Father, and here You set forth the *
Passover*, to be fulfilled by Your only begotten Son in some 1500 years.
You are Sovereign Lord, and we submit to Your right, Father. *Hallowed be
your :name!*

 *2. 30:2 (30) LAW OF VOWS. “If a man vows a vow to the LORD, or swears an
oath to bind himself by a pledge, he shall not break his word. He shall do
according to all that proceeds out of his mouth.” *Father, You lead us in
the paths of righteousness *for Your Name's sake*! We profane Your Name
when we profane our word. You teach us as sons to be like Yourself. *Your
:kingdom come!*

 *3. 31:7-8 (31) RETRIBUTION ON MIDIAN. “They warred against Midian, as the
LORD commanded Moses, and killed every male. 8 They killed the kings of
Midian with the rest of their slain, Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba, the
five kings of Midian. And they also killed Balaam the son of Beor with the
sword.” *What poetic justice upon Balaam, who put Balak up to the stratagem
of the Midianitish women! *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so one earth.*

 *4. 32:23 (32) POSSESSIONS EAST OF JORDAN. “But if you will not do so,
behold, you have sinned against the LORD, and be sure your sin will find
you out.” *If we renege on a vow, we have sinned against You Father, and
the sin will be exposed. O forgive us for taking so lightly Your will, Your
ways and Your Word! May we *tremble* at Your Word (Isaiah 66:2)! *Our
:daily :bread Give us this day!*

 *5. 33:9 (33:1-49) SUMMARY OF JOURNEYS. “And they set out from Marah and
came to Elim; at Elim there were twelve springs of water and seventy palm
trees, and they camped there.” *Elim must have been one of the most
pleasant stops for Israel in all their 40 years of journeying in the
wilderness. And during this time *all but two of the old generation died off
*! *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 33:51b-52 (33:50-35:15) PREPARATION TO ENTER CANAAN. “When you pass
over the Jordan into the land of Canaan, 52 then you shall drive out all
the inhabitants of the land from before you and destroy all their figured
stones and destroy all their metal images and demolish all their high
places.” *This is one very important preparation to understand before
entering the promised land,. We honor You Father, in Your right to demand
this of Israel; we know that this is evidence of our *obedience of faith*. *And
bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 35:33-34 (35:16-36:13) LAWS OF CANAAN. “You shall not pollute the land
in which you live, for blood pollutes the land, and no atonement can be
made for the land for the blood that is shed in it, except by the blood of
the one who shed it. 34 You shall not defile the land in which you live, in
the midst of which I dwell, for I the LORD dwell in the midst of the people
of Israel.” *O forgive us Father in our day, for polluting Your land which
You gave us - especially through abortions! Our judges favor the criminal
above the injured so often! *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 29:7 (28-29) A HOLY COMMAND. “On the tenth day of the seventh
month you shall have a holy convocation and afflict yourselves. You shall
do no work.” *This is Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, a most holy day, a
day that emphasizes all the Passovers of the year. Thank You Father, that *
Jesus* fulfilled this too!

 *OSWALD CHAMBERS - Abandoned To God*

Oswald Chambers was a man for all time. His mind was the mind of Christ and
so his words are compelling because they reflect the thoughts of our
Savior. I am not the first to say that no book outside the Bible has
influenced me as much as *My Utmost for His Highest*. In David McCasland's
book we have, at last, the story of this remarkable man's life and how,
having honored God, God is now honoring him with the only fame that really
matters. *CAL THOMAS - Syndicated Columnist*

 Whoever has read or heard about *My Utmost for His Highest* must buy and
read this book from cove to cover. Your tears will flow, your heart will be
moved, the Holy Spirit will speak a word of peace, and your Christian life
will never be the same. *HAROLD LINDSELL - Editor Emeritus, **Christianity
Today*

 So many millions of us have read his words - been deepened by his prayers,
been brought before God by his writing. And now we get to know him. I had
no idea what a magnificent life was present behind these marvelous words.
Oswald Chambers' writing is validated in detail after detail by his
life. *EUGENE
H. PETERSON - James M. Houston Professor of Spiritual Theology, Regent
College - and author of “The Message”*

 If you are one of those who know and love Oswald Chambers' famous book of
devotional readings, *My Utmost for His Highest* - edited and published by
his faithful widow, “Biddy”, in the late 1920's - you will want to become
intimately acquainted with this giant among Christian devotional writers.
This new biography offers you that opportunity. *D. JAMES KENNEDY - Senior
Minister, Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church*

 *Oswald Chambers: Abandoned to God* is a magnificent description of how
one man sought God and lived out that relationship in the realities of
life. It will stimulate your heart to follow God more fully. For years I
have used Oswald Chambers” *My Utmost for His Highest*. In this biography I
see where that depth of input was born and developed. *JERRY E. WHITE -
General Director, The Navigators*

 *My Utmost for His Highest* has become an essential part of the process of
maturity for countless Christians over many decades, but we have known
little about this man of God whose life has meant so much to so many. I
welcome David McCasland's contribution, which goes a long way toward
showing everyone how contemporary Chambers' writings really are. *JAMES
ENGEL - Distinguished Professor of Marketing, Research, and Strategy,
Easter College*

 *OSWALD CHAMBERS (1874-1917) was born in Scotland and spent much of his
boyhood there. His ministry of teaching and preaching took him for a time
to the United States and Japan. The last six years of his life were spent
as principal of the Bible Training College in London, and as a chaplain to
British Commonwealth troops in Egypt during World War I. After his death,
the books which bear his name were compiled by his wife from her own
verbatim shorthand notes of his talks.*

 *David McCasland** is a writer whose research for this book took him to
the scenes of Oswald Chambers' life and ministry throughout Britain, the
United States, and Egypt. David and his wife, Luann, have four daughters
and live in Liberty Hill, Texas. This biography of 1993 was published by
Discovery House Publishers, Grand Rapids, Michigan.*

 And now - our Psalm for the day! *79:13 (79:1-13) “But we your people, the
sheep of your pasture, will give thanks to you forever; from generation to
generation we will recount your praise” (ESV). *Father, You are a
Covenant-keeping God, according to your Name Adonai Jehovah. You deliver us
from our enemies. You fulfill Your Word. Your Name is *faithfulness*. *Hallowed
be your :name!*

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES - Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/ *