Numbers 21-25

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 10:33:20 PDT 2011

October 30, 2011

 *MAR 17 - NUMBERS 21-25 - THE NEW JOURNEYING*

 *1. 21:3 (21:1-3) VICTORY OVER THE CANAANITES. “And the LORD heeded the
voice of Israel and gave over the Canaanites, and they devoted them and
their cities to destruction. So the name of the place was called Hormah
[destruction]” (ESV). *How faithful You are to Your promises Father, to
fulfill them. Yes, we can trust You and Your Almighty power implicitly! *Reign
in us, Sovereign Lord*! *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *2. 21:8 (21:4-9) FIERY SERPENT JUDGMENT. And the LORD said to Moses,
“Make a fiery serpent and set in on a pole, and everyone who is bitten,
when he sees it, shall live.” **Look* and *Live*! You made this a type of
Jesus Father, so that all who look to Your only begotten Son and call on
Him, should be saved. We submit to Your wise plan in this! *Your :kingdom
come!*
 3. 21:17-18a (21:10-20) THIRD SONG OF ISRAEL. Then Israel sang this song:
“Spring up, O well! - Sing to it! - 18a the well that the princes made,
that the nobles of the people dug, with the scepter and with their staffs.” You
Father, are the Giver of all good gifts. We submit to You! You give water
when needed, and all other necessary food! *Your :will be done, As in
heaven, so on earth.*

*4. 21:24 (21:21-35) DEFEAT OF SIHON AND OG. “And Israel defeated him with
the edge of the sword and took possession of his land from the Arnon to the
Jabbok, as far as to the Ammonites, for the border of the Ammonites was
strong.” *There is nothing too difficult for You, Father! You can harden
the heart of our enemy that he might fall, and fit into Your purposes. O
forgive us that we can ever doubt You! Help us to remember Pharaoh. *Our
:daily :bread Give us this day.*

*5. 22:18 (22-24) BALAK AND BALAAM. But Balaam answered and said to the
servants of Balak, “Though Balak were to give me his house full of silver
and gold, I could not go beyond the command of the LORD my God to do less
or more.” *Not even Balaam could go against Your prophetic word, Father;
Yet his counsel concerning Midianitish women and Israel was evil! How evil
we can be in heart! *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven
our :debtors.*

*6. 25:3 (25:1-9) PHINEHAS: REVERSES COUNSEL OF BALAAM. “So Israel yoked
himself to Baal of Peor. And the anger of the LORD was kindled against
Israel.” *Thank God for Phinehas! May we too Father, have a zeal for Your
Name, Your honor, Your people, Your Jealousy and Your holiness! *And bring
us not into temptation!*

*7. 25:12-13 (25:10-18) REWARD OF PHINEHAS: COVENANT OF PEACE! Therefore
say, “ Behold, I give to him my covenant of peace, **13** and it shall be
to him and to his descendants after him the covenant of a perpetual
priesthood, because he was jealous for his God and made atonement for the
people of Israel.” *Formerly You gave Levi a covenant of salt, Father. Now
You add to it, for as the Potter to the clay - it is Your right to do with
us whatever is in Your mind! *But deliver us from the evil **one!*

*NOTE**: 23:19 (22-24) THE FAITHFULNESS OF GOD TO HIS WORD! “God is not a
man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind.
Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not
fulfill it? *This is absolutely true of You, Father. May we evermore live
in this truth! And even though this word was spoken by an enemy of the LORD
- yet it has absolute truth!

The lessons in this passage are valuable in the sight of the LORD! Can we
give ourselves to search them out? The 3 chapters dealing with Balak and
Balaam are especially interesting and rewarding. They were brought to my
attention in 1944 by a Jewish convert and missionary to her own people.
Imagine that in this passage some of the greatest Messianic prophecies in
the Bible came through a false prophet! Sometimes it appears to me that the
testimonies of the enemies of the Lord have deeper and more valuable
insights than those coming from our friends! In the case of Balaam for
Israel and their coming Messiah, they are *so insightful* that it drove
Balak to extreme anger. Just count up in these 3 chapters the number of
extraordinary prophecies God forced Balaam to give! We read in the NT book
of Jude just what God thought of Balaam, even though He used him! And think
of how He used Judas to further His purposes through Jesus for man's
redemption! And in Isaiah He says that *He created the waster (Satan) to
destroy*. See how He used Satan in the book of Job to perfect His righteous
man! And each one of us as true foreordained saints are strengthened and
perfected by fiery trials that God permits Satan to bring upon us - just as
He did upon Job!

So - let us not think it strange concerning the fiery trials God permits
Satan to unleash upon us! But according to Job 1 & 2, Satan can do *no
more*than God permits!

The 5 chapters of this portion for the March 17th reading will yield rich
dividends to each of us, who like George Muller - will kneel and read aloud
this passage back to God in our own words - transforming insights into
prayer!

In 1987-89, I completed these 366 readings of “Through the Bible in a Year”
in manuscript form. I am just now editing these readings, and updating them
with God's Bible Numeric English NT, and the English Standard Version (ESV)
for the Old Testament. (I am able to turn my attention to this, having
completed the editing of God's Bible Numeric Outlined Interlinear Greek NT
prepared by Ivan Panin prior to 1941). This discipline has proven for
me a *rich
blessing*, as by the help of the Spirit I made these 366 divisions, and
chose these verses for the 9 divisions of each of the 366 readings.

And now - our Psalm for the Day! *77:13-14 (77:1-20) IN THE DAY OF TROUBLE
I SEEK THE LORD. “Your way, O God is holy. What god is great like our God? *
*14** You are the God who works wonders; you have made known your might
among the peoples.” **Jesus* is your true and living *way* Father, and You
have made Him in His humanity to be so! You have put Your Name - Jehovah -
upon Him - *Adonai Jehovah* the Savior! All the fullness of the Godhead
bodily dwelt in *Him*! *Hallowed be your :name! * J.A.Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES - Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/ *