Luke 6:12-8:56

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 14:15:58 PDT 2011

September 17, 2011

*MAR 3 - LUKE 6:12-8:56 - JESUS: PRINCIPLES OF HIS KINGDOM*

 *1. 6:12-13 (6:12-19) JESUS: CHOOSES HIS TWELVE APOSTLES. “And it came to
pass in these :days, that he went out into the mountain to pray: and he
continued all night in :prayer to :God. 13 And when it was day, he called
his :disciples; and chose from them twelve, whom he also named apostles”
(NNT). *The 12 apostles have already been disciples! Their choosing by Jesus
triggered more Kingdom healing and teaching. *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *2. 6:38 (6:20-7:1) JESUS: SERMON FOR DISCIPLES. “Give, and it shall be
given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over,
shall they give into your :bosom. For with what measure you measure it shall
be measured to you again.” *Father, we bless You that You have made Jesus to
be our life (Galatians 2:20). *He* is our Savior, and Yoke-fellow (Matthew
11:28-30). Our rest is in *Him*. *Discipleship* is through His indwelling
presence. *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. 7:9 (7:2-17) JESUS: PERFORMS EXTRAORDINARY MIRACLES. “And when :Jesus
heard these things, he marveled at him, and turned and said to the crowd
following him, I say unto you, I have found so great faith not even in
:Israel.” *Only twice Your Son Jesus marveled, Father: once at the people's
unbelief; here for a Gentile's *faith*. *Your :will be done, As in heaven,
so on earth.*

 *4. 7:28 (7:18-35) JESUS: CONFIRMS JOHN THE BAPTIST'S MINISTRY. “I say unto
you, Among them born of women none is greater than John: yet the lesser in
the kingdom of :God is greater that he.” *O forgive us Father, for our
little faith! In the presence of Your Son Jesus, we ought to have
*great*faith. But so often we do not recognize the day of our
visitation; but
rather persecute Your servants who bring it! *Our :daily :bread Give us this
day!*

 *5. 7:47-48 (7:36-50) JESUS ON LOVE AND FORGIVENESS. “Therefore I say unto
you, Forgiven are her sins, the many; for she loved much: but to whom little
is forgiven, he loves little. 48 And he said to her, Forgiven are your
:sins.” *O Father, forgive us for doubting Your compassion as revealed in
Your Son. Be with us in temptation's hour, and forsake us not! *And forgive
us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 8:10 (8:1-39) JESUS: PARABLE, WARNING AND MIRACLES. “And he said, To
you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of :God: but to the
rest in parables; that seeing they may not see, and hearing they may not
understand.” *Your Kingdom Father, is Good News! John the Baptist prepared
for it; Jesus preached it. It was *not* in word only, but in *power* and *
demonstration* of the Holy Spirit. *And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 8:43-44 (8:40-56) JESUS PERFORMS A MIRACLE WITHIN A MIRACLE. “And a
woman having an issue of blood twelve years, who could not be cured by no
one, 44 came on behind, and touched the border of his :garment: and
immediately the issue of her :blood ceased.” *Father, we bless you for the
manifestation of Your Kingdom through Jesus. * But deliver us from the evilone!
*

 *NOTE**: 8:18 (8:1-39) JESUS GIVES A CLEAR WARNING! “Look **out, therefore,
how you hear: for whoever has, to him shall be given; and whoever has not,
from him shall be taken away even what he thinks he has.” *Father, we heed
this solemn warning, and hide it away in our hearts.

 Jesus linked miracles, healings and signs with the Kingdom of God in
manifestation. Of course His Word takes precedence over the signs of
confirmation, for He and His Word are *one*! (See John 1:1).

 Note too that Jesus chose from among all His disciples, 12 whom He called
apostles. He no doubt had opportunity to note these 12 from among the
multitude of His disciples. But it was through an all night of prayer, that
His Father was able to confirm these 12 - even Judas who was to betray Him.

 It is only as we too take prayerful time on our knees, meditating over such
words as these - word by word and line by line like George Whitefield, that
God is then able to burn His Words upon our heart and spirit. *Then* when we
share such words with others - they become wing-tipped and fire-tipped, and
those who hear are deeply moved. Jesus said - The words I speak unto you - *
they* are *Spirit*, and they are *life*. But look at the early morning
prayer times He habitually spent with His Father, and often during the day
as well. See how He could quote Scripture to
Satan so effectively.

 If we truly wish to be used of God this way - then we too like George
Muller, Rees Howells, Oswald Chambers and George Whitefield - must *make
time* for God and His Word. There are no short-cuts. Early in George
Muller's ministry he failed to spend this time over God's word - and found
he couldn't open his mouth to speak boldly as he ought to speak!
*This*taught him a lesson - and the rest of his life
*he failed not* in making and taking time early in the mornings to wait on
God. He habitually rose at 4:00 am, and spent much time on his knees
meditating over God's Word. When he walked, he would take a large print NT
with him, and often sat on a stile to meditate further on it.

 So - a proper manifestation on God's Word through our lives - will require
a similar devotional time with God over His Word!

 And our Psalm for the day! - *63:3-4 (63:1-11) MY SOUL THIRSTS FOR YOU!
“Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise
you. 4So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift
up my hands”
(ESV). *David belonged to the “League of the Burning Heart!” Father, he
desired You; he esteemed You; You satisfied him; his secret communion was
with You; he joyfully depended upon You; he had holy triumph in You. He *
hallowed* Your Name! J.A.Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES - Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/ *