Leviticus 18-20

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 13:08:07 PDT 2011

September 5, 2011

 *FEB 25 - LEVITICUS 18-20 - REGULATIONS FOR THE PEOPLE*

 *1. 18:4-5 (18:1-5) REGULATIONS FOR ISRAEL IN CANAAN. “You shall follow my
rules and keep my statutes and walk in them. I am the LORD your God. 5 You
shall therefore keep my statutes and my rules; if a person does them, he
shall live by them: I am the LORD” (ESV). *Not our thing, nor the things of
the worldly; but *your thing*, Father. To *this* we are committed! *Hallowed
be your :name.*

 *2. 18:22-23 (18:6-30) REGULATIONS: UNLAWFUL MARRIAGES AND LUSTS. “ You
shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. 23 And you
shall not lie with any animal and so make yourself unclean with it, neither
shall any woman give herself to an animal to lie with it: it is perversion.”
*Incest, homosexuality, and bestiality: *all* are *abomination* to You
Father, and bring *confusion*! As believers, we believe Your Word here,
submit to it, and let You live in and through us to this end. *Your :kingdom
come!*

 *3. 19:1-2 (19:1-10) REGULATIONS: EXAMPLES OF HOLINESS. And the LORD spoke
to Moses, saying, 2 “Speak to all the congregation of the people of Israel
and say to them, You shall be holy, for I the LORD your God am holy.” *Here
it is: Holiness to You, Father. Write it upon our minds and in our thoughts,
till we think Your thoughts after You. Renew our minds. *Your :will be done,
As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 19:17-18 (19:11-22) REGULATIONS: VARIOUS STATUTES. “You shall not hate
your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor,
lest you incur sin because of him. 18 You shall not take vengeance or bear a
grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor
as yourself: I am the LORD.” *This is loving your neighbor as yourself: O
forgive us Father, that we fail to keep strong relationships with one
another at all times, by being our brother's keeper! *Our :daily :bread Give
us this day.*

 *5. 19:24-25 (19:23-25) REGULATIONS: FRUIT OF THE LAND. “And in the fourth
year all its fruit shall be holy, an offering of praise to the LORD. 25 But
in the fifth year you may eat of its fruit, to increase its yield for you: I
am the LORD your God.” *All of us should know the wisdom of these words,
Father. We seem to lack wisdom in these practical areas so often. *And
forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 19:31 (19:26-37) REGULATIONS: SOCIAL AND RELIGIOUS LAWS. “Do not turn
to mediums or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves
unclean by them: I am the LORD your God.” *To seek channelers like J.Z.
Knight, and listen to Ramtha, is worthy of death; and those who do it are
already spiritually dead. But when we reject Satan's wisdom from the second
heaven: You Father are pleased! *And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 20:13 (20:1-27) PENALTIES: FOR INFRACTION OF ABOVE LAWS. “If a man lies
with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination;
they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.” *“Gay people”
can be delivered and forgiven of their homosexuality if they repent. God
loves the sinner, but *hates* their sin. * But deliver us from the evil one!
*

 *NOTE**: 20:22 (20:1-27) “You shall therefore keep all my statutes and all
my rules and do them, that the land where I am bringing you to live may not
vomit you out.” *Healing of the Land is dependent upon Your grace Father,
being lived out through us in Christ.

 Dr. J. Sidlow Baxter wrote “Explore the Book” - an exemplary outlined
Commentary on all the books of the Bible. Some of his titles are excellent.
Some 40 years ago I made my own outline of the Bible, not thinking I would
ever edit and send out my outlines with a few of his titles. Now that I am
doing so, and though Dr. Baxter has had his home-going, I want to give
credit where credit is due. A few of the Titles in Exodus and Leviticus come
from this man. You will probably be able to spot his - from mine.

 These regulations for Israel are fairly stiff! Where they deal with
morality - we as Gentiles need to walk in them too - such as in 2., 6. and
7. above. I know our society and culture counts this part of the Bible as
being “politically incorrect”. Our society and culture is *wrong* at this
point! *God* and *His Bible* is correct! When the religious leaders of the
apostle Peter's day tried to shut him and his brother apostles up - he said
- “Whether it is right to listen to you - or God- *you* judge! But as for us
- we cannot but speak the things we have seen and heard of from God!”

 I say the same as Peter! God comes ahead of our government and political
leaders - when they judge contrary to the Word of God. When Dr. Ivan Panin's
Bible Numeric Outline Interlinear Greek NT comes out - it will be a clear
word, far above all governmental judgments! Even if like the apostles of
yore we be beaten, persecuted and jailed, we *will stand with God and His
Bible*, and be like the white-robed saints of Revelation 6:9-11; and
7:13-17.

 It is *good* for us to see what was forbidden Israel from a moral
view-point - because God counted much of this as an *abomination*! Such as
those like Sodom and Gomorrah may persecute us today - but they have a day
coming in the future - and soon - that will force them to see the
truthfulness of God and His Bible and what we preach today.

 And our Psalm for the day? *55:22 (55:1-23) GOD'S PROMISE FOR HIS SAINTS.
“Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit
the righteous to be moved.” *The heavy burden of betrayal by those whom we
trusted is grievous to us, Father! It was grievous to Your Son. Yet we trust
you implicitly for deliverance. J.A.Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*