Leviticus 8-10

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 10:37:59 PDT 2011

August 29, 2011

 *FEB 22 - LEVITICUS 8-10 - THE PRIESTHOOD: FOR INTERCESSION*

 *1. 8:7-8 (8:1-13) PRIESTHOOD: WASHED, CLOTHED AND ANOINTED. “And Moses put
the coat on Aaron and tied the sash around his waist and clothed him with
the robe and put the ephod on him and tied the skillfully woven band of the
ephod around him, binding it to him with the band. 8 And he placed the
breastpiece on him, and in the breastpiece he put the Urim and the Thummim”
(ESV). *These are Your commandments, and this is Your Pattern, Father; Moses
submitted to Your Kingdom principles. *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 8:23 (8:14-36) PRIESTHOOD: OFFERINGS AND CONSECRATION. “And he killed
it, and Moses took some of its blood and put it on the lobe of Aaron's right
ear and on the thumb of his right hand and on the big toe of his right
foot.” *Our hearing; our works; our walk: may they all be sanctified unto
You Father, by Jesus' blood! *We* are a Kingdom of Priests, and need to
submit to the *blood* and *oil*. *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 9:7 (9:1-21) PRIESTHOOD: OFFERINGS FOR PEOPLE. Then Moses said to
Aaron, “Draw near to the altar and offer your sin offering and your burnt
offering and make atonement for yourself and for the people, and bring the
offering of the people and make atonement for them, as the LORD has
commanded.” *Father, through Your priests You bless Your people through
ministering the Atonement.* **Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.
*

 *4. 9:24 (9:22-24) PRIESTHOOD: OFFERINGS ACCEPTED. “And the fire came out
from before the LORD and consumed the burnt offering and the pieces of fat
on the altar, and when all the people saw it, they shouted and fell on their
faces.” *This is awesome Father, and causes us also to fall on our faces
before You. O forgive us that we have lost Your fear, even the fear of You,
O LORD; and have forgotten that Your Name is *Jealous*! *Our :daily :bread,
Give us this day.*

 *5. 10:1 (10:1-7) PRIESTHOOD: JUDGMENT! “Now Nadab and Abihu, the sons
Aaron, each took his censor and put fire in it and laid incense on it and
offered unauthorized fire before the LORD, which he had not commanded them.”
*You look to those Father, who *tremble* at Your Word. O cause Your fear to
enter into us because of this incident. *And forgive us our :debts, As we
also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 10:8-9 (10:8-11) PRIESTHOOD: STRONG DRINK. And the LORD spoke to Aaron,
saying, “Drink** **no wine or strong drink, you or your sons with you, when
you go into the tent of meeting, lest you die. It shall be a statute forever
throughout your generations.” *Wine and strong drink *do not mix* with
worship and ministry! You established this under the Old Covenant Father,
and it is true for us under the New! * And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 10:19 (10:12-20) PRIESTHOOD: THEIR PORTION. And Aaron said to Moses,
“Behold, today they have offered their sin offering and their burnt offering
before the LORD, and yet such things as these have happened to me! If I had
eaten the sin offering today, would the LORD have approved?” *Father, Your
fear is coming upon Aaron; may it come upon us also, so that we may know
Your exceeding great Holiness! *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 9:23 (9:22-24) PRIESTHOOD PROPERLY PERFORMED: BRINGS GOD'S
CONFIRMATION. “And Moses and Aaron went into the tent of meeting, and when
they came out they blessed the people, **and the glory of the LORD appeared
to all the people.” *When we do all things according to Your pattern Father,
then You confirm Your Word, and Your Glory is seen!

 Meaningful prayer in the light of the example of our Lord Jesus, His
apostles after His resurrection; and various OT prophets and leaders - this
is a safety net for *all* NT ministries. Oswald Chambers sets this forth in
a most adequate manner in his following daily devotional reading for August
28th -

 *THE PURPOSE OF PRAYER*

“ *. . . one of His disciples said to Him, Lord, teach us to pray . . .
(Luke 11:1).***

Prayer is *not* a normal part of the life of the natural man. We hear it
said that a person's life will suffer if he doesn't pray, but I question
that. What will suffer is the life of the Son of God in him, which is
nourished not by food, *but by prayer*. When a person is born again from
above, the life of the Son of God is born in him, and he can either starve
or nourish that life. Prayer is the way that the life of God in us is
nourished. Our common ideas regarding prayer are not found in the New
Testament. We look upon prayer simply as a means of getting things for
ourselves, but the biblical purpose of prayer is that *we may get to know
God Himself*!

 “Ask, and you will receive ...” (John 16:24). We complain before God, and
sometimes we are apologetic or indifferent to Him, but we actually *ask* Him
for very few things. Yet a child exhibits a magnificent boldness to ask! Our
Lord said, “... *unless you ... become as little children ...” *(Matthew
18:3). Ask and God will do. Give Jesus Christ the opportunity and the room
to work. The problem is that no one will ever do this until he is at his
wits' end. When a person is at his wits' end, it no longer seems to be a
cowardly thing to pray; in fact, it is the only way he can get in touch with
the truth and the reality of God Himself. Be yourself before God and present
Him with your problems - the very things that have brought you to your wits'
end. But as long as you think you are self-sufficient, you do not need to
ask God for anything.

 To say that “prayer changes things” is not as close to the truth as saying,
“Prayer changes *me* and then I change things.” God has established things
so that prayer, on the basis of redemption, changes the way a persona looks
at things. Prayer is not a matter of changing this externally, but one of
working miracles in a person's inner nature.

 *And now - our Psalm for the day - 52:6-7 (52:1-9) TWO AREAS OF TRUST. “The
righteous shall see and fear, and shall laugh at him, saying, 7 “See the man
who would not make God his refuge, but trusted in the abundance of his
riches and sought refuge in his own destruction!” *Your wheels O Father,
grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly small! So it is with the wicked;
but the righteous shall be justified!

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*