Mark 16:9-20

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 09:32:44 PDT 2011

August 27, 2011

 *FEB 20 - MARK 16:9-20 - GREAT COMMISSION: GIVEN BY JESUS*

 *1. 16:10-11 (16:9-11) JESUS APPEARS TO MARY MAGDALENE. “SHE went
andreported to them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept.
11 And THEY, when they heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her,
disbelieved” (NNT). *Belief is a voluntary act of will. We can choose to
believe, and we can act in unbelief. But as Kingdom citizens we have no
excuse for the grievous sin of unbelief. Father, forgive us for such a crass
act! See Revelation 21:8 - the *unbelieving* are linked with seven other
most disreputable sins! *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *2. 16:12-13 JESUS APPEARS TO TWO DISCIPLES. “And after these things he was
manifested in another form to two of them walking, as they were proceeding
into the far country. 13 And THEY went away and reported to the rest:
neither believed they them.” *When we are unwilling to believe, we can pray
- Lord - make us willing to be willing! *He* then works in us the
willingness! *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 16:14 JESUS APPEARS TO THE ELEVEN. “And afterward he was manifested to
the eleven themselves as they sat at meat; and he rebuked their :unbelief
and hardness of heart, because they believed not them that had seen him
risen from the dead.” *Your disciples deserved Your rebuke, Lord Jesus!
Father, we will not hide behind excuses and subterfuges. *Your :will be
done, As in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 16:15-16 JESUS COMMISSIONS THE ELEVEN. “And he said to them, Go into
all the world, and preach the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Who has
believed and is baptized shall be saved; but who has disbelieved shall be
condemned.” *It is good news to live under Your Lordship Father, through
Your Son. He is our Wonderful Counselor, and the Government is upon His
shoulders. *Our :daily :bread Give us this day!*

 *5. 16:17-18 JESUS PROMISES HOLY SPIRIT SIGNS. “And these signs shall
follow them that have believed: in my :name shall they cast our demons,
speak with tongues; 18 and in their hands they shall take up serpents, and
if they drink anything deadly, it shall in no wise hurt them; they shall lay
hands on the sick, and they shall recover.” *Signs of confirmation are Your
responsibility, Father. Our part is to joyfully and fearlessly proclaim the
Good News of the Kingdom of God. *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have
forgiven our :debtors!*

 *6. 16:19 JESUS: HIS ASCENSION. “So then the Lord Jesus, after he had
spoken to them, was taken up into :heaven, and sat down at the right hand of
:God.” *This was effected by Your power, Father! It has a significance along
with Calvary, the Resurrection and Pentecost. Pentecost is the sign that
Jesus arrived back into heaven. *And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 16:20 JESUS: CONFIRMS THEIR WORD WITH SIGNS. “And THEY went
forth, andpreached everywhere, the Lord working with
them, and confirming the word by the signs that followed.” *What a
triumphant confirmation! Father, we glorify You for Your supernatural
confirmation through Jesus. *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 16:9 (16:9-11) JESUS: REVEALS SELF TO WOMEN FIRST! “Now when he
was risen early on the first of **the week, he appeared first to Mary
:Magdalene, from whom he had cast out seven demons.” *To a woman Your Son
Jesus first appeared after His resurrection, Father. We ponder the
significance of this.

 This portion for the Textual Critics is one if not the most controversial
portions of the NT. It does not appear in some of the 7 major NT
manuscripts. As a result it is sometimes left out of the NT - or put in with
a note drastically reducing its authenticity.

 Here is where Bible Numerics discovered by Ivan Panin in 1890, and
authenticated by 100,000 hours of research for the next 50 years,
sufficiently settles this age-old controversy. If *any* portion of the NT
could be omitted, because of the unusual quantity of Bible Numeric proofs -
Mark 16:9-20 would be the last to go!

 And why should Satan continue to put such doubts on manuscripts concerning
this portion? I believe primarily because of the last 4 verses, 9:17-20.
Signs confirming the Word when preached, have a tremendous effect on the
hearers. See how the Father led His Son continually in this confirmation!
See the testimony of Scripture what these signs meant to the hearers.

 And His apostles and subsequent followers had *the same* results when their
words were likewise accompanied by these signs. See Peter and Paul in the
book of Acts. Extraordinary!

 By all means open our Website *<www.2rbetter.org>* and click on Archives.
Then scroll down to 2011.01.02 Cutting Edge Ministries on Panin. Articles
such as this have been for doubters a “Dissolver of Doubts”. This makes a
good “D.D.”!

 John 8:1-11 receives like confirmation - but Bible Numerics agree with the
Critics on Matthew 6 - “For thine is the Kingdom and the Power and the
Glory” - Yes - this is an “eager-beaver” addition!

 Check “Interlinear” on our Website to search other debatable texts.

 And our Psalm for the day - 50:14-15 (50:1-23) *GOD HIMSELF IS JUDGE*. *“Offer
to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and perform your vows to the Most High,
15 and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall
glorify me.” *We as Your Covenant people have an obligation to You, O
Father. Yes, we acknowledge our love-debt to You! J.A.Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*