Mark 6:20-10:31

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 09:03:31 PDT 2011

*August 24, 2011*

**

* FEB 17 - MARK 6:20-10:31 - COST OF THE KINGDOM AND JESUS*

 *1. 6:56 (6:30-56) JESUS: ASTOUNDING MIRACLES. “And wherever he entered,
into villages, or into cities, or into the country, they laid the sick in
the markets, and besought him that they might touch if but the border of his
:garment: and as many as touched him were made whole” (NNT). *Here is the
kingdom of Satan versus the Kingdom of God. The disciples would send the
crowd away to buy and eat. Your Son Father, would feed them through the
apostles! How different! *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *2. 7:9, 13 (7:1-37) JESUS: CONTROVERSY AND COMPASSION. “And Jesus said to
them, Well you reject the commandment of :God, that you may keep your
:tradition, 13 making void the word of :God by your :tradition, which you
have delivered: and many such like you do.” *Human tradition is the kingdom
of Satan too! We choose Your pure word Father, letting the Bible mean what
it wants to mean, and for You to say what You want to say! *Your :kingdom
come!*

 *3. 8:15 (8:1-26) JESUS' COMPASSION: MOTIVATION FOR MIRACLES. “And Jesus
charged them, saying, See that you look out for the leaven of the Pharisees
and the leaven of Herod.” *It is the *teaching* of the Pharisees and Herod
that Your Son Jesus warned us against, Father. But *He* met the needs of the
multitude by multiplying food. * Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on
earth.*

 *4. 8:34 (8:27-9:29) JESUS: HIS KINGDOM MANIFESTED! “And Jesus called to
him the crowd with his :disciples, and said to them, If any would come after
me, let him deny himself, and take up his :cross, and follow me.” *This is
the way to make Your invisible Kingdom visible! *Our :daily :bread Give us
this day.*

 *5. 9:37 (9:30-50) JESUS: CHILDREN AND THE KINGDOM. “Whoever receives one
of such little :children in my :name, receives me: and whoever receives me,
receives not me, but him that sent me.” *May we not miss the truth of Your
Son Jesus here Father. We embrace this Kingdom principle of *humility* and a
*servant-spirit*. *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our
:debtors.*

 *6. 10:14-15 (10:1-16) JESUS: ON DIVORCE AND REMARRIAGE. “But when :Jesus
saw it, he was indignant, and said to them, Suffer the little children to
come unto me; hinder them not: for of such is the kingdom of :God. 15 Amen I
say unto you, Whoever shall not receive the kingdom of :God as a little
child, shall in no wise enter into it.” *A childlike, trusting, obedient
spirit is the *true heart* of the *kingdom of God*. It will help us to obey
Kingdom principles on divorce and remarriage. *And bring us not into
temptation.*

 *7. 10:27 (10:17-31) JESUS: THE WAY OF ETERNAL LIFE. “:Jesus looked upon
them and said, Impossible with men, but not with God: for all things are
possible with :God.” *This teaching clearly contrasts the kingdom of Satan
with the Kingdom of God. Our attitude to money separates the sheep from the
goats. *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 9:7 (8:27-9:29) JESUS: UNUSUALLY WITNESSED TO BY THE FATHER! “And
a cloud came overshadowing them: and a voice came out of the cloud, This is
my :beloved :Son: hear him.” *This is it, Father! *This* is Your word for us
concerning Your Son Jesus!

 Mark 10:27 is a key verse that my wife Marie and I use when we challenge
folk to believe God for “Household Salvation”. You can fine how we use this
among other verses by turning to our Website *<www.2rbetter.org> *and then
clicking on “Archives”. Scroll down to 2010-03-06 “*Clan & Household
Salvation*”. God only knows how many will be in His Kingdom because of the
challenge of these two subjects.

 Perhaps of the above seven sections in this FEB 17 Reading on Mark
6:20-10:31 - Section Seven can be for us the most practical and fruitful. We
still use this on a daily basis, and encourage each of you to consider
joining us in what has been for us a most fruitful endeavor - going back to
the summer of 1944.

 Your friends - Jim & Marie Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*