Gad - The Warrior Tribe!

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 08:59:28 PDT 2011

August 14, 2011

 *GAD UPDATE - THE WARRIOR TRIBE - 2011-08-13*

 *1. Genesis 30:11 (30:9-13) GAD: A SON OF GOOD FORTUNE. “And Leah said, “Good
fortune has come!” so she called his name Gad” (ESV). *How good it is to
have the blessing of God upon one as expressed by Leah as “Good Fortune.”
This is the way she perceived God's gift of Gad to her through her handmaid
Zilpah. *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *2. Genesis 49:19 (49:1-27) GAD: ONE WHO WILL RAID THE RAIDERS! “Raiders
shall raid Gad, but he shall raid at their heels.” *God chose to use Gad as
one who administered “Poetic Justice!” Those who attacked Gad, were in the
end defeated by Gad! *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. Deuteronomy 33:20-21 (33:1-29) GAD: ENLARGED BY GOD. “Blessed be he who
enlarges Gad! Gad crouches like a lion; he tears off arm and scalp. 21 He
chose the best of the land for himself, for there a commander's portion was
reserved; and he came with the heads of the people, with Israel he executed
the justice of the LORD, and his judgments for Israel.” *It is good to
receive a prophetic word from God in line with this. It fits in exactly with
1 Timothy 1:18 (1:28-20). *“This :charge I commit to you, Timothy child,
according to the prophecies which led the way to you, that by them you war
the good warfare” (NNT). *Paul revealed that through prophecies one can war
a good warfare! Timothy did! Gad did! and through true and tested prophecies
- you and I can! *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. Ephesians 6:14-18 (6:10-20) GAD: LINKED WITH THE ARMOR OF GOD. “Stand
therefore, having girded your :loin with truth, and put on the breastplate
of :righteousness, 15 and shod your :feet with preparation of the gospel of
:peace; 16 in all things taking up the shield of the faith, with which you
shall be able to quench all the fiery :darts of the evil one. 17 And receive
the helmet of :salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is God's word:
18 with all prayer and supplication praying at every season in the Spirit,
and watching unto it in all perseverance and supplication for all the
saints.” *A Gad-like spirit operates effectively through the armor of God.
And note - this armor is applied primarily to a *corporate* man, and not to
an individual. It has individual application - but it is specifically
designed by God for those who move in a “team spirit”. *Our :daily :bread
Give us this day.*

 *5. Matthew 6:16-18 (6:1-18) GAD: HIS ASSOCIATION WITH FASTING. “And when
you fast, become not as the hypocrites sad faced: for they disfigure their
:faces, that they be seen of :men to fast. Amen I say unto you, They have
their full reward. 17 But when YOU fast, anoint your :head, and wash your
:face; 18 that you be not seen of :men to fast, but of your :Father who is
in :secret: and your :Father, who sees in :secret, shall recompense
you.” *“Shaping
History through Prayer and Fasting” is one of the Key Books written by Derek
Prince. Consider how Mahatma Gandhi used “fasting” as a means to free India
from British domination - and yet to preserve “Friendship” between the two
while doing so! *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our
:debtors.*

 *6. Numbers 24:9 (24:1-9) GAD: A LION - LIKE ISRAEL! “He crouched, he lay
down like a lion and like a lioness; who will rouse him up? Blessed are
those who bless you, and cursed are those who curse you.”*

The Scriptures associate the majority of the tribes of Israel with an
animal. Gad has the association of a lioness. Papa lion roars in a hole and
shakes the earth, petrifying animals going to drink. Then Mama lion makes
her kill, bringing it back to Papa and the cubs. *And bring us not into
temptation.*

 *7. 1 Kings 18:21 (18:20-40) GAD: THE TRIBE OF ELIJAH. And Elijah came near
to all the people and said, “How long will you go limping between two
different opinions? If the LORD is God, follow him; but if Baal, then follow
him.” *Elijah is considered by many to be a descendant of the tribe of Gad.
He certainly had a lion-like nature. In this nature he confronted King Ahab
and Jezebel. He also represented leadership with the other tribes on behalf
of all of Israel. And - at Mount Carmel he rebuilt the broken-down altar of
the LORD and restored Jehovah worship to Israel! *But deliver us from the
evil** one!*

 *NOTE**: *When we consider the principles and characteristics of Gad as
illustrated by the above 7 scriptures, we know that we too can enter in and
share this great inheritance! It is the spirit of a “warrior tribe” - slated
for victory and not defeat. John the Baptist walked in this same spirit of
Elijah. But even an Elijah needs to be arrayed in the armor of the Lord. We
too need God as our 7-fold shield and 7-fold hedge. Look again at the 7-fold
armor of God. *Morality* is protected when our loin is girded with truth,
for *Jesus* is our Truth! And - it takes *righteousness* to keep our heart
strong! When *peace* prepares our feet to bring us to share the Good News of
the Kingdom - how *good* that is! And it is the shield of *faith* that
enables us to ward off the fiery darts of the wicked one. And - faith comes
by hearing - and hearing by Christ's R*E*ma word (Romans 10:17)! This is the
Word of the Spirit - brought forth by meditating on our knees over the
written LOgos word - until the Spirit quickens it back into its original *
living* state! But without the helmet of *salvation*, we could not walk in
the Romans 12:1-2 victory of a *renewed* and *protected* mind! Yet it is not
sufficient to war in a defense mode - we need the sword of the Spirit, which
again is the R*E*ma *word* of God. Only when we are like Rees Howells and *
possessed* by the Spirit - is *He* enabled to speak through us and
completely defeat Satan as Jesus did in the wilderness following His
baptism. Three times Jesus quoted the Scriptures to Satan - and defeated
him! and He, the Son of God as well as the Son of man said - “Not one word
have I spoken - or deed performed - but My Father through the Spirit
initiated it! If God's only begotten Son so moved - *how much more* need *we
* to walk in similar and parallel mode!

 And lastly, number seven - *praying in the Spirit* - is the capstone that
finalizes all that the above six pieces of armor perform! J.A.Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*