Introduction - Part "A"

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 15:42:06 PDT 2011

August 3, 2011

Dear Friends - Volume I - The Gospels - of God's Bible Numeric Outlined
Interlinear Greek NT is about ready to be released.

Introduction "Part A" has not been proof-read. Should any of you readers
have suggestions or corrections before printing, I would most appreciate
them.  Your friend - Jim Watt

 *INTRODUCTION - PART “A”.*

*(“NOTES ON BIBLE NUMERIC OUTLINED INTERLINEAR GREEK NT by Ivan Panin”)*

*(HOW TO MAKE OPTIMAL USE OF THIS INTERLINEAR)*

 *One. *This is not a typical Interlinear Greek New Testament. First of all,
the format is chosen so that main and supporting clauses can be immediately
seen in a poetic type of format - rather than all running together as in
prose. Peter Marshall, former Chaplain of the US Senate, wrote his sermons
this way, and Winston Churchill wrote his speeches in a similar manner.

 *Two. *The English translation is not consistently under the Greek words in
the usual strict manner. This is done so that those interested primarily in
the translation, may read it with more ease.

 *Three. *The Greek text has been transliterated into English letters so
that any layman can pronounce the Greek words with an approximate correct
pronunciation. The transliteration follows the Berlitz method of learning
new languages. The accented syllable is capitalized. In the case of more
than one connecting syllable, a hyphen is used to keep each word a unit.

 *Four. *For those not too familiar with Greek, but desire to know what is
the key Greek Word that the English translates, the Strong’s Concordance
Number beside each significant Greek word will make this clear.

 *Five. *In Greek there are two forms for the letter “e” and “o”. So that
you may differentiate between the two, the long “e” and “o” are underlined.

 *Six. *English “help” words in the translation that do not appear in the
original are in “Italics.” The Authorized King James version and most other
translations follow this same format.

 *Seven. *The “iota subscript” is a vestigial form standing for the letter
“iota” in ancient Greek. It helps to identify the Dative Cases as one of its
purposes. It is appreciated by advanced students. However, my computer does
not include this “subscript”, and because the majority of readers who will
use this Interlinear New Testament would not make use of it, it has been
omitted. Scholars can easily verify each occurrence.

 *Eight. *The Definite Article “the” in Greek is of great importance. Latin
does not have this part of speech. The King James Authorized Version is
declared to be a translation directly from the Greek, but the definite Greek
article is not correctly used. It seems apparent that the translators of the
1611 AD version relied far more heavily on the Latin Vulgate than the Greek
originals. Panin has been very careful to give this Greek part of speech its
proper place. When it does not make sense to use it in his translation, he
puts it in as a “colon” in front of the noun or verb form it modifies. Those
who understand the importance of this part of speech, will appreciate being
made aware of its presence.

 In John 1:1, *“and the word was **God**”* - “God” here is not preceded by
an article. Jehovah's Witnesses use this verse to say that the “Word” Jesus
- is not equivalent to the Father. But in John 20:28, Thomas addresses Jesus
as my :Lord and my :God - correcting the Jehovah's Witnesses error.

 *Nine. *Punctuation in the Greek differs in some points from English.
Because the Greek has been in our case transliterated into English letters,
I have taken the liberty to change into the Greek text, the English “colon,”
“semi-colon,” and “question.”

 *Ten. *There is a “rough breathing,” and a “smooth breathing” in Greek. The
former has an apostrophe facing the word starting with a vowel. It has been
transliterated with an “h” in the transliteration. The “smooth breathing” is
not pronounced, and is traditionally not transliterated.

 *Eleven**. *But *most* of all, and *above* all, the two texts employed are
that of Ivan Panin’s Numeric Greek and English New Testaments. There is
absolutely no deviation from Dr. Panin’s Greek text. However a very few
minor changes have been made in his English translation. “Ye” has been
replaced with “you;” “whilom” has been replaced with “former,” because of
its archaic nature. You can trust that except for such very minor changes,
you are reading exactly as Panin himself made his translation, even to the
punctuation. He was a master of English, and though nearly 100 years have
passed since he made his translation, I could not feel justified in making
any other changes. If you purchase his translation, you can check how
faithfully I have adhered to his own text.

 The Jehovah’s Witnesses offered to make an Interlinear Greek New Testament
from his two texts. He regretfully turned their offer down, because he saw
them as a “cult.” So his two texts have lain dormant since 1942, with his
vision unfulfilled. Another has made an Interlinear Greek New Testament for
his two texts, but has changed not only his translation, but even in places
changed the Greek Text. I for one cannot recommend its purchase.

 *Twelve. *Pronouns in the Greek are implicitly in Greek verbs. However, for
emphasis, there are also actual pronouns too. When these latter are
included, it forms a double emphasis. This does not show up in regular
translations. So that you the reader may be aware of this special emphasis,
Panin capitalizes the pronoun in his English translation. I appreciate his
thoughtfulness at this point, and trust it will be meaningful for you also.

 *Thirteen. *Dr. Panin discovered through Numerics that God has established
even the correct sentence structure, paragraph sub-divisions, paragraphs and
sections or chapter equivalents. This Interlinear text has been formatted,
assigning sentence topics, with summaries for each sub-paragraph, paragraph
and chapter equivalent. Needless to say, these titles and summaries are not
inspired. For this reason I leave a space above them. You the reader are
invited to substitute your own in case you feel you can improve on mine. And
even should yours not be an improvement - yet the very action on your part
in making substitutions - will give you a much greater grasp of God's
thinking!

 I purchased all of Panin’s 20 or so books, booklets and pamphlets in 1945.
It was because of the above contextual discovery that I have personally
spent over 50,000 hours in preparing to post this Interlinear New Testament
on our Website. My “NOTES” at the end of each of the 500 or so mailings, are
not contained in this printing. Should you wish to see what I have written,
the full Interlinear text with my notes appears on our Website under
“Interlinear”. Use our Website *<www.2rbetter.org>, *and click on
“Interlinear”.

 *Fourteen. *Recently, an article came out entitled “Russia's Gift to
Christianity.” It is one of the finer I have come across to give the reader
a quick overview of the ministry of Ivan Panin, and how “God's Bible
Numerics” proved the basis for the 100,000 hours of his labors between 1890
and 1942. Again turn to our Website - and under “Archives”, scroll down to
“2011-01-22 - Cutting Edge Ministries on Panin”. The final segment on
Genesis 1:1, reveals how Panin for Hebrew, was enabled to ascertain the
original Greek text also - from the 7 major NT texts and the 1000's of
fragments. I found this article most enlightening.

 *Fifteen*. Dr. Panin discovered there was no Lexicon or Dictionary
sufficiently accurate for his requirements in producing his Greek NT.
Perhaps one of the best in his day, showed no Numerics concerning the number
of references to the name of “Moses” in the Bible. Had there been one extra
reference, Numerics would have been evident. He found the missing reference
from this Lexicon in the book of Hebrews. So Numerics even caught this
error. So for 10 years, Panin worked in producing a Bible Numeric Greek
Lexicon, with all vocabulary words of the the NT perfectly aligned together.
Then and then only was he able to produce this Greek text with no alternate
readings. This Lexicon also guided in making choice of the proper word in
translating this Greek text. “Washings” to replace “Baptism” is completely
out of order according to this.

 *Sixteen. *I am still in favor of a traditional Interlinear Greek NT for
serious students and scholars, who desire the Greek text non-transliterated,
and the English text placed word for word under the corresponding Greek
words. There is a possibility of one taking on this formidable task.

 *Seventeen. *Sentence Summary outlines are preceded by “lower case letters”
of the alphabet. The summaries are 8 words or less - like a newspaper
headline - to give an insight into the meaning of the sentence. A space is
left above each sentence. The summaries are *not* inspired. The reader is
encouraged to substitute his own summary where that in the text does not
satisfy him.

 *Eighteen. *Sub-paragraphs are preceded by “Arabic numbers”; Paragraphs by
“Upper Case Alphabetical letters”; Sections or chapter equivalents by “Roman
Numerals”. Again, readers are encouraged to substitute their own summaries
for these also, just as for sentences.

 *Nineteen. *Order of Books of the Bible and God's Bible Numerics. The NT is
set out in 7 divisions: The Gospels (like Elementary School); Acts (like
Junior High); James through Jude (like High School); Paul's 7 churches:
Romans through Thessalonians (like University); Hebrews (like a Master's
Degree); Timothy through Philemon (like a Doctorate Degree); Revelation
(like a Post-Graduate degree).

 *Twenty. * Authorship of Bible books according to Bible Numerics is as
follows: There are 33 indicated authors of the 66 books of the Bible. Paul
is author of 14 of the 27 books of the NT, including the book of Hebrews.
There are no Bible Numerics in the Apocryphal books, nor in any other holy
book of other religions. *God* is the author of our 66 books, and uses human
writers with their unique vocabularies and history to write *His thoughts*.
This accords with 1 Corinthians 14:37 - *“If any thinks himself to be a
prophet, or spiritual, let him take knowledge of what things I write you,
that it is the Lord's commandment.” *And also in 2 Peter 1:21 - *“For no
prophecy was ever borne by man's will; but men spoke from God, being borne
on by the Holy Spirit.” *In other words - not just the words of Jesus in the
Gospels should appear in red - *but also* His words through the other 5 NT
writers! Our liberal and humanist friends who reject the Bible as
authoritative, are not rejecting man, but *God*!

 *Twenty-one. *Bible Chronology. Ivan Panin discovered that there are 245
dates deducible from Bible evidence. Then he also discovered that these 245
dates are confirmed by God's Bible Numerics. 21 of these dates stand out
above the 245 especially so. These dates are set forth in 8 periods, each
period ending in a blood covenant - except for one. See our Archives
“2011-02-08 - Panin's Bible Chronology”, under our Website *<
www.2rbetter.org>, *for these 21 dates and 8 periods.

 *Twenty-two. *It is interesting to note that *only* the 66 books of our
Hebrew and Greek Bible show the Numerical phenomenon. The Apocryphal books
of the Bible do *not* show it - nor any other religious book of any other
religion. God has used “Mathematics” as His Signature to put His
non-counterfeiting mark upon His Word.

 P.S. For those who are interested, you can check out my article entitled
“Reaching Unbelievers through Bible Numerics” and published by “The
Evangelical Fellowship of Canada.” Click on the following URL to get on
their Website: *http://www.christianity.ca/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=4553&srcid=1979
<http://www.christianity.ca/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=4553&srcid=1979%20>**
*You will find 4 links in this article which have helped many others who
have clicked on them.

 The link here on Dr. Keith L. Brooks is no longer available. Instead, you
can now obtain Panin's Bible Numeric Greek text by contacting:

Jim & Lois Thompson - 207/512-2636

New England Bible Sales

262 Quaker Road

Sidney, ME 04330

Email: *<jpt at gmail.com>; cell: 207/215-7986; Web: <
www.newenglandbiblesales.com> *

Mr. Thompson has picked up all of the Toronto books listed formerly under
Dr. Keith L. Brooks, and made available through John Irwin. Mr. Irwin has
transferred to Jim Thompson all of Panin's NT stock and pamphlets. The two
in particular I highly recommend are “Mathematics Prove Holy Scriptures” by
Karl Sabiers - 158 pp. - and “Absolute Mathematical Proofs” by Dr. Keith L.
Brooks - 15 pp.

 James Watt - 2011-07-18

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*