Zebulun Update

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 13:30:48 PDT 2011

June 25, 2011

 *ZEBULUN UPDATE - Gifts of the Spirit - Abiding Secrets - 2011-06-25*

 *1. John 15:5 (15:1-16) ABIDING SECRETS. “I am the vine, you are the
branches: Who abides in me, and I in him, the same bears much fruit: for
apart from me you can do nothing” (NNT). *Zebulun means dwelling or abiding,
and was named by Leah when born by her. By this name, Leah felt she would
now have Jacob's love and he would dwell with her. Jesus is trusting that we
will dwell with Him as branches in Him as the Vine. These 16 verses in
context are powerful indeed! E. Stanley Jones claimed 15:16 each time before
he preached! *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *2. Genesis 49:13 (49:1-27) A SEA-FARING MAN! “Zebulun shall dwell at the
haven of the sea; And he shall be for a haven of ships; And his border shall
be upon Sidon” (ASV '01). *As the younger brother to Issachar, Zebulun dwelt
on the Mediterranean beach. Easy from here to trade by sea, and Issachar at
home could help him disperse his goods. A good partnership! *Your :kingdom
come.*

 *3. Deuteronomy 33:18 (33:1-29) JOY IN VOCATION. “And of Zebulun Moses
said, Rejoice, Zebulun, in your going out; And, Issachar, in your tents.” *It
is good to see a man happy in his vocation. Happy the man who finds in his
hobby his vocation! Zebulun had a missionary spirit of outgoing - and could
use the gifts of the Spirit to confirm his message. *Your :will be done, As
in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 1 Corinthians 12:8-11 (12:4-11) GIFTS OF CONFIRMATION. “For to one is
given through the Spirit a word of wisdom; and to another a word of
knowledge, according to the same Spirit: 9 to another faith, in the same
Spirit; and to another gifts of healings, in the one Spirit; 10 and to
another workings of powers; and to another prophecy; and to another
discernings of spirits: to another kinds of tongues; and to another
interpretation of tongues; 11 but all these works the one and the same
Spirit, dividing to each severally even as he wills.” *The Holy Spirit
through Paul is very careful to point out that all 9 of these gifts are to
profit the spiritual body of Christ. They are *not* primarily to bless the
channel! Jesus through Mark speaks of “Signs Following”: the preaching of
the Word (Mark 16:9-20). The underground church of China (some estimate to
be 100 million!) is like this! Brother Yun, The Heavenly Man, highly
exemplified this double ministry of confirmation. He had the Zebulun spirit.
*Our :daily :bread, Give us this day.*

 *5. Esther 8:10 (8:9-14) SWIFT MISSIONARY STEEDS. “And Mordecai wrote in
the name of king Ahasuerus, and sealed it with the king's ring, and sent
letters by posts on horseback, riding on swift steeds and young dromedaries
that were used in the king's service, bred of the stud.” *A footnote in the
above translation has *young dromedaries* or camels - very swift desert
travelers for the 127 provinces of King Ahasuerus. The deliverance message
of Mordecai could swiftly reach each province. It brought joy in the spirit
of Zebulun. *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our
:debtors.*

 *6. Exodus 28:17 (28:15-30) A FLASHING CARBUNCLE FOR A LIGHTHOUSE. “And you
shall set in the breastplate of judgment settings of stones, four rows of
stones: a row of sardius, topaz, and carbuncle shall be the first row.” *There
is not a definiteness re the carbuncle as to color. Ezekiel 28:13 refers to
its presence in the Garden of Eden. The gem is the stolen item in question
in the *Sherlock Holmes* tale - “The Adventure of the *Blue* Carbuncle”.
William Shakespeare's “Hamlet” refers to “With eyes like *carbuncles*, the
hellish *Pyrrhus.” *It is sometimes referred to as a deep-red flashing
garnet - or sometimes a *green* stone. It could indeed refer to the flashing
light of a light house! *And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. Genesis 30:20 (30:14-24) A STRANGE BIRTH. “And Leah said, God has
endowed me with a good dowry; now will my husband dwell with me, because I
have borne him six sons: and she called his name Zebulun.” *The birth of
Issachar and Zebulun occurred under strange circumstances. Rachel gave her
turn to Jacob to Leah, in exchange for the mandrakes of Leah's son Reuben.
God gave the 7th and 8th sons of Jacob to Leah for this exchange. And
Zebulun through his name *did* bring blessing to Leah and the whole nation
of Israel. * But deliver us from the evil one.*

 *NOTE**: *The history of the 12 sons of Jacob eventuating into the 12
tribes of Israel is unique! Joseph is the most moral of all these sons.
Because of the persecution he received from his 10 half-brothers, God
through Jacob awards Joseph with two parts in Israel: the blessing of the
first-born through Ephraim and Manasseh! Zebulun is the 6th son of Leah, and
the 10th of Jacob. Like Issachar, Zebulun had one son Elon who judged Israel
10 years.

 During the great revival in the days of King Hezekiah of Judah, an
invitation was extended to the 10 northern tribes of Israel to attend a
great Passover. Only 3 responded: Asher, Manasseh and *Zebulun* (2
Chronicles 30:11)! The background of these three tribes is most diverse.
Thank God for Zebulun who was one of those who responded!

 Because of the prophecies over Zebulun; and because of the flashing
light-house; and because of his linkage with the gifts of the Spirit - I see
him as the “missionary” tribe of Israel. As noted above, Brother Yun of
China has this same spirit, and quite possibly will lead China in these last
days to walk in this revelation. J.A.Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*