Issachar Update

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 19:25:54 PDT 2011

June 22, 2011

 *ISSACHAR UPDATE - Fruit of the Spirit - First Nations People - 2011-06-22*

 *1. Galatians 5:22-23 (5:16-24) ISSACHAR LINKED WITH FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT.
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness,
goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against :such there is
no law.” *When members of the First Nations People walk in the fullness of
Christ, this 9-fold fruit of the Spirit shines through their lives in a
special manner. Each of Israel's 12 tribes have a particular and unique
manifestation. Each of us as individuals are likewise linked, as well as
individual local churches, city churches, areas and nations. *Hallowed be
your :name.*

 *2. Matthew 21:2 (21:1-7) ISSACHAR LINKED WITH A DONKEY. “Jesus said to
them, Go into the village that is over against you, and straightway you
shall find an ass (donkey) tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring
to me.” *In the high Andes of South America - nightfall comes suddenly.
Often a missionary then has not the time to direct his donkey home. Instead
he loosens the reins, and the wise little beast safely brings his master
home in the dark over narrow and precipitous trails. *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. Genesis 49:14-15 (49:1-27) ISSACHAR AND HIS FATHER'S PROPHETIC WORD.
“Issachar is a strong ass (donkey), Couching down between the
sheepfolds: 15And he saw a resting-place that it was good, And the
land that it was
pleasant; And he bowed his shoulder to bear, and became a servant under
task-work.” *A donkey has a servant spirit, and is a faithful beast of
burden. So too is Issachar. So too are the First Nations People. So too are
those of us who are genetically matched with these two spirits. Jesus too
was a *perfect* servant as Son of man to His Heavenly Father. *Your :will be
done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. Deuteronomy 33:18 (33:1-29) ISSACHAR & ZEBULUN CONTRASTED. “And of
Zebulun he said, Rejoice, Zebulun, in your going out; And, Issachar, in your
tents.” *Though Issachar and Zebulun were full brothers, yet their genetic
constitution produced two entirely different sons to Jacob! The younger
Zebulun was a traveler, and Issachar one who stayed at home. It is
interesting to note that just as Issachar dwelt in tents, so the First
Nations People lived in tents or tipis. *Our :daily :bread Give us this day.
*

 *5. Exodus 28:17 (28:15-30) ISSACHAR AND THE YELLOW TOPAZ. “And you shall
set in the breast-plate of judgment settings of stone, four rows of stones:
a row of sardius, topaz, and carbuncle shall be the first row.” *The yellow
saffron robes of many Asian monks set forth the wisdom with which they were
supposed to be endowed. This *certainly* applied to Issachar. His history
shows forth his inherent wisdom. And the First Nations People likewise have
this potential deposit. *And forgive us our :debts, As we have forgiven our
:debtors.*

 *6. 1 Chronicles 12:32 (12:23-37) ISSACHAR: ONE WITH UNDERSTANDING OF
TIMES. “And of the children of Issachar, men that had understanding of the
times, to know what Israel ought to do, the heads of them were two hundred;
and all their brethren were at their commandment.” *It is not everyone that
can look at the times, and be enabled to interpret for others the
significance of the specific times in which one lives. Issachar could! And
the members of the First Nations People have this insight. See “Dances with
Wolves”, and how the elder leaders had this wisdom for their tribe! * **And
bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. Judges 10:1-2 ISSACHAR: PRODUCED ONE OF THE JUDGES OF ISRAEL. “And
after Abimelech there arose to save Israel Tola the son of Puah, the son of
Dodo, a man of Issachar; and he lived in Shamir in the hill-country of
Ephraim. 2 And he judged Israel twenty and three years, and died, and was
buried in Shamir.” *For 23 years Tola of Issachar rose up to judge Israel.
He saved Israel in the days of judgment brought on because of the sins of
the people. 7 major times in the book of Judges, God brought on judgment
because of sin; and 7 times he raised up judges for deliverance. *But
deliver us from the evil one.*

 *NOTE**:* Everything in the OT God has designed in the form of types and
shadows for us in NT times, both Jews and Gentiles in the One New Man. How
blessed we are by our God for this 4000 years of pre-Christian history!

 As I have studied the 12 tribes of Israel since 1949, I have noted the rich
lessons built into their history. Dr. C.W. Slemming of England introduced
this challenge to us in Chicago, by coming dressed in the full garb of Aaron
the High Priest. It was especially the Breastplate of Judgment with its 12
stones inscribed upon with the names of Israel's 12 tribes - that captivated
me. His book, “These Are the Garmentsn,” opened my eyes to a treasure that
has remained with me to this day - howbeit with many additions.

 In 1963 through the works of Dr. Tim LaHaye I added the 12 Temperaments to
this. In 1967 I found the 12 NT Greek Word series for each of them. And
Later I divided the world into its 5 major continents, 4 major countries and
3 major cultural division, making up another segment of 12. It was at this
time I felt led to see Issachar linked with the First Nations People. It
seems to me that God has reserved them for these last days like Benjamin of
old in the latter part of the Book of Judges. When they like Benjamin are
restored to both a giving and receiving role in our world of 12, I believe
we will see God's last great Visitation taking place just prior to the
return of His Son our Savior Jesus - as Lord of lords and King of kings.

 As a help in understanding God's purposes and thinking in this direction,
let me recommend the reading of “One Church, Many Tribes” by Richard Twiss -
<*www.wiconi.com> *- and “Warfare by Honor”, a Handbook on Protocol by
Suuqiina and Quamaniq, PO Box 1088, Victorville CA 92393; Tel: 615-424-7448;
*<ndigenus at cs.com> - <www.firstnationsmonday.com/imi.htm> *- J.A.Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*