Our Jewish Roots

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 09:33:32 PDT 2011

June 4, 2011

 *REUBEN UPDATE - OUR JEWISH ROOTS - JUNE 03, 2011*

 1. Leviticus 23:1-2 (1-44) OUR ROOTS: JEHOVAH'S SET FEASTS. “And Jehovah
spoke unto Moses, saying, 2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto
them, The set feasts of Jehovah, which you shall proclaim to be holy
convocations, even these are *my set feasts*” (ASV '01). Note: these are *
not* Jewish Feasts primarily, but *God's* set feasts, which we as Gentiles
enjoyed both in OT and NT times. By order of emperor Constantine in 325 AD,
it was forbidden for Jew or Gentile to keep the set feasts of Jehovah. That
ungodly decree is slowly being rescinded. Read Romans 11 to see what God
thinks of Gentile rejection of these. *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. Proverbs 6:20-22 (6:20-35) OUR ROOTS: IN URIM & THUMMIM. “My son, keep
the commandment of your father, And forsake not the teaching of your mother:
**21** Bind them continually upon your heart; Tie them about your neck. **22
** When you walk, **it shall lead you**; When you sleep, **it shall watch
over you**; And when you awake, **it shall talk with you**.” *Early
following my conversion in 1944, God fastened this teaching on my mind.
Later that year a Jewish missionary to Jews opened my understanding to its
application for NT saints! *All* of the OT: history, types and shadows,
prophecies, allegories - all have application for us! *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. Romans 11:17-18 (11:13-24) OUR ROOTS: IN ISRAEL - NOT OURSELVES. “But
if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were
grafted in among them, and did become partaker with **them** of the root of
the fatness of the olive tree; **18** glory not over the branches: but if
you glory, **not you** bear the root, but **the root you**” (NNT). *Subtle
Antisemitism unfortunately causes even Gentile believers in Christ to reject
our Savior's Jewish people after the flesh! We call it “Replacement
Theology”. Many in the church think *they* have replaced Israel. Muslims
think they have replaced both Israel and us in the church! Paul by the
Spirit clarifies *God's* position on this in this chapter! *Your :will be
done, As in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. Acts 15:19-20 (15:6-21) OUR ROOTS: WITH - BUT DISTANT FROM - ISRAEL.
“Therefore MY judgment is, that we trouble not them that from among the
nations turn to :God; **20** but that we enjoin them, to abstain from the
pollutions of the idols and :fornication **and what** is strangled and
:blood.” *This is a marvelous section to set clearly before us, that in the
One New Man - Jew and Gentile* *are together in the church - yet Gentiles do
*not* have to follow full Jewish culture! There is a wise Protocol set forth
here for both of us! *Our :daily :bread give us this day.*

 *5. Galatians 2:7-9 (1:13-2:14) OUR ROOTS: DISTINGUISHED BY PETER & PAUL.
“But contrariwise, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel
of **the uncircumcision**, even as :Peter **with that** of the circumcision
**8** (for who worked for Peter unto apostleship of the circumcision worked
for me also unto the nations); **9** and perceiving the grace :given me,
James and Cephas and John, who were reputed to be pillars, gave me and
Barnabas right **hands** of fellowship, that we go unto the nations, and
they unto the circumcision.” *Here the Holy Spirit through Paul yet more
clearly helps us to understand the distinction between Jewish Culture and
Gentile Culture in the church. We can worship together, though maintaining
our *distinct* cultures. It is not the Judaizing spirit we need to fear
today so much - but the Gentilizing Replacement spirit! * And forgive us our
:debts, as we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. Romans 11:5, 7 (11:1-12) OUR ROOTS: REQUIRE “REMNANT” UNDERSTANDING!
“Even so therefore at the present season also there is **a
remnant**according to election of grace.
**7** What then? What Israel seeks for, that he obtained not; but **the
election** obtained **it**, and the rest were hardened.” *It is extremely
important that we understand the doctrine of “the remnant”. The apostle Paul
by unusual revelation was given by God the understanding of 27 mysteries
unfolded in the NT, the doctrine of “the remnant” being one. It helps us
Gentiles in our Jewish Fellowship to have this understanding. *And bring us
not into temptation.*

 *7. Romans 11:25-26a (11:25-35) OUR ROOTS: BASED ON “MYSTERY”
UNDERSTANDING! “For I would not, brethren, have you ignorant of this
:mystery, lest you be wise in your own **conceits,** that a hardening in
part has befallen :Israel, **till** what **time** the fulness of the nations
be come in; **26a** and so all Israel shall be saved.” *A *mystery* is
something alluded to in the OT, but not explained. God chose Paul to give
full understanding of these mysteries, and to share them especially with
Gentile believers - though first to the Jews. This chapter clearly shows
that God has *not* permanently rejected Israel! Their full restoration will
be extraordinary blessing to Gentiles! *But deliver us from the evil **one!*

 *NOTE**: *God led me to Mrs. Mary Bertha Allquist of Port Alberni BC as her
paper boy in 1938, and then as my first true mentor in 1944. She was to me
as Deborah was to Barak! She clearly led me through some of the intricacies
of how to understand as a Gentile - our Jewish Roots. I try like her to let
*God say* what *He* wants to say; and the Bible mean, what *it* wants to
mean. This spirit is *not* always honestly found in the church. This
question needs to be faced, and when we see that we have areas of deception
in our thinking - then we must repent of these areas - and let God and His
Word lead us into a truer understanding. *I* have had to do this in a *
number* of areas - but specifically in the area of “Replacement Theology.”
Many of my friends are still in the area where I used to be.

 I was a thorough-going Evolutionist because of my background in the United
Church of Canada; and a Communist prior to my conversion. One of my
University Professors said, “If you think Communism is so all-fired great -
why don't you move to Russia?” That set me back on my heels a bit! I had
felt that my denomination needed a shot in the arm, and I thought perhaps
Communism would do it.

 The problem of our “Jewish Roots” is *largely* misunderstood, ignored or
opposed in the church today. I have made the transition after thoroughly
studying this whole subject, primarily from the Word of God! I believe I
have made the *right* decision. I invite you to likewise study this
primarily from Romans 9-11 and Galatians - and if you come up to the same
conclusions as I have - I invite you to join me is such a decision.

 I am *not* a Paul - I do not have the unusual understanding of all of these
subjects such as he did. But I am doing my level best to understand the Holy
Spirit's teaching through him, and that of the whole of the Bible.

 I link the tribe of Reuben with our Jewish Roots. On our Website *<
www.2rbetter.org> *under “Embryonics”, you will move along this line written
11 years ago. Also under “Interlinear”, you will find the entire Interlinear
Greek NT set forth in Outlined Format designed especially for Laymen. I am
currently preparing in MS form the entire Bible in an Outlined Daily
Devotional format. And under “Archives” - there are other articles helping
to explain the above.

 Both my wife Marie and I are sold on “God's thinking” as we see it on
Israel. We have visited this land 4 times for varying lengths of teaching
seminars. Our favorite was on Mount Carmel with David and Karen Davis, a
Messianic Jewish Congregation and School. David was mentored following his
conversion by Pastor David Wilkerson.

 I have pastored a Messianic Jewish Congregation for 10 years, and it was an
enriching experience. We know - that you who have been led of the Lord to
our Website - will follow through on this subject of Jewish Roots - just as
Marie and I have done.

 Reuben, I line up with the Gospel of Luke, which sets forth Jesus as the
Son of man. One of the 4 faces of the cherubim in Ezekiel is that of a
“man!”

 The Gospel of Luke portrays Jesus in His humanity; as one who was a great
encourager to women! As one who draws out the best in our humanity! Oswald
Chambers fitted into this area.

 And how can this subject be brought from its Embryonic state as of 1948 to
full Maturity? By God's Organic Laser-Telescope - launching its effective
“Spiritual Star Wars”! A Happy Hunting Ground to you - as you with us pursue
this rewarding goal. J.A.Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*