Effective Leadership

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 08:37:45 PDT 2011

June 3, 2011

 *EPHRAIM UPDATE - EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP - June 2, 2011*

 *1. Joshua 1:9 (1:1-9) LEADERSHIP: GOD LAUNCHES JOSHUA. “Have not I
commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; be not frightened, neither be
dismayed: for Jehovah your God is with you wherever you go” (ASV '01). *Joshua
was trained by Moses as his assistant, but chosen of God to take this
outstanding leadership role. Moses was of the tribe of Levi, but Joshua from
from Ephraim and Joseph. *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. Deuteronomy 34:9 (34:9-12) LEADERSHIP: EQUIPMENT OF SPIRIT OF WISDOM.
“And Joshua the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom; for Moses had
laid his hands upon him: and the children of Israel listened unto him, and
did as Jehovah commanded Moses.” **Not* just a word of wisdom came to Joshua
as in 1 Corinthians 12:8-11 - but a *spirit* of wisdom. Only twice did he
miss God in his leadership - namely when he failed to consult Urim and
Thummim concerning “Ai” and the “Gibeonites”! *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. 1 Samuel 16:13 (16:6-13) LEADERSHIP: SPIRIT-ANOINTING FOR DAVID. “Then
Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren:
and the Spirit of Jehovah came mightily upon
David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.” *Samuel
feared to go down and anoint David in Bethlehem because of the jealousy of
King Saul. Out of 8 brothers, God rejected the first 7, and chose the
youngest - David. Immediately upon his anointing, he started writing his
portion of the Psalms, and moving in unusual worship. *Your :will be done,
As in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 2 Chronicles 1:10-12 (1:7-13) LEADERSHIP FOR SOLOMON: BASED ON WISDOM.
“Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this
people; for who can judge this your people, that is so great? 11 And God
said to Solomon, Because this was in your heart, and you have not asked
riches, wealth, or honor, nor the life of them that hate you, neither yet
have asked long life; but have asked wisdom and knowledge for yourself, that
you may judge my people, over whom I have made you king; 12 wisdom and
knowledge is granted unto you; and I will give you riches, and wealth, and
honor, such as none of the kings have had that have been before you; neither
shall there any after you have the like.” *Solomon started out so well in
humility and obedience - until he forsook the Lord's word and married 700
wives plus 300 concubines. *They* stole his heart away from God - and led to
the division of the Kingdom of Israel. *Our :daily :bread give us this day.*

 *5. Judges 6:12 (6:11-18) LEADERSHIP COMMISSIONING: FOR GIDEON. “And the
angel of Jehovah appeared unto Gideon, and said unto him, Jehovah is with
you, you mighty man of valor.” *Gideon as a Judge and Leader also started
out with great humility and very weak faith. But he *grew* in the Lord. Yet
after success he made an idolatrous garment, which led Israel astray - and
eventually the death of all but *one* of his sons! *And forgive us our
:debts, as we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. Matthew 16:17-19 (16:13-20) LEADERSHIP FOR PETER: HIS COMMISSIONING.
“And :Jesus answered and said to him, Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah: for
flesh and blood has not revealed it to you, but my :Father who is in the
heavens. And I also say unto you, that you are Peter, and upon this :rock I
will build my :church and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of the heavens; and whatever you
shall bind on the earth shall be bound in the heavens; and whatever you
shall loose on the earth shall be loosed in the heavens” (NNT). *Here we
find Jesus setting forth Peter into Leadership as the key of the 12
apostles. He became apostle of the circumcision, and the first 12 chapters
of the Book of Acts major on his leadership ministry. *And bring us not into
temptation.*

 *7. Galatians 1:15-16 (1:13-2:14) LEADERSHIP FOR PAUL: HIS COMMISSIONING.
“But when it was God's good pleasure who separated me from my mother's womb
and called me through his :grace, 16 to reveal his :son in me, that I preach
him among the nations; straightway I conferred not with flesh and blood.” *Here
is the calling of one of the greatest leaders in the entire Bible. 14 of the
NT epistles, including the Book of Hebrews according to God's Bible Numerics
- are attributed to this Benjamite. Imagine our loss had not the 11 tribes
in the Book of Judges found a solution in restoring this tribe following
their heavy judgment! *But deliver us from the evil one.*

 *NOTE**: *Joshua is of the tribe of Ephraim, the son of Joseph. His
temperament majors on the servant spirit of Mark, the ox - and he minors on
the strong leadership spirit of Dan in John. As the servant of Moses, he did
not set himself strongly forward, so it might have been a surprise to him
that God chose this one to succeed Moses himself. But the wisdom in God's
choice is most apparent as we study the leadership exhibited by Joshua in
the

Book called after his name. Besides that, he with Caleb were the only two
good spies out of the 12 sent by Moses to spy out Canaan-land.

 It was God's choice that Ephraim be *leader* of the 3 tribes located on the
West side of the Tabernacle in the Wilderness. Manasseh, his older brother,
and Benjamin his uncle and brother of Joseph were under his leadership. When
Israel split into 2 parts following the reign of Solomon, Ephraim became
leader of the 10 Northern tribes. Sadly, but necessary to say, under
Jeroboam, these 10 were led into idolatry from which they never freed
themselves - even up to their captivity under the Assyrians. *Not one* good
king came out of the 10 tribes of Israel - rather - very evil kings arose,
who went beyond even the evil of Jeroboam.

 But look at the 6 selections of Leadership above. The 6th one is the
apostle Paul from the tribe of Benjamin, which tribe was assigned a place
under Ephraim around the Tabernacle.

 George Hawtin exhibited the spirit of leadership for the 1948 Visitation in
Saskatchewan. Like Joshua of Ephraim, he in the beginning led wisely. Later
- areas that many believe were a departure from Scripture - were introduced
under his leadership. Nevertheless, as we take the counsel God gave Jeremiah
(15:19), and take the *precious* from the vile - we too shall be as God's
mouth. In other words, we are *not* to throw the baby out with the
bath-water. Many tend to throw everything out from this 1948 Latter Rain
Visitation. A *serious* error and mistake! There is a good 12-fold baby
here, that can be salvaged from the bath-water.

 And how can we see a maturity for the “Leadership” truth of Ephraim and
Joshua come to full maturity in our day? I believe - through the effective
application of “God's Organic Laser-Telescope” eventuating in “His Spiritual
Star Wars”! *Then* we will see the servant Spirit of Jesus in Mark the ox -
and Ephraim and Joshua - exhibited in a manner that will highly glorify God!

 An added note on Matthew 16:17-19. Here Jesus tells Peter about the promise
of binding and loosing. The verbs here in the Greek tense are “the Perfect
Passive Participle”, which is correctly translated - “whatever you bind on
the earth - not - shall be bound in the heavens - but *“shall already in the
mind of God have been bound*” in the heavens. This is just the opposite to
the vast majority of translations. The “Williams” translation is one of the
very few that I believe *correctly* renders this.

 Otherwise, it makes *God* our *water-boy* - instead of *us* being
*His*water-boy. According to this - we must walk so closely and
sensitively to
God, that we sense what He is thinking in heaven. *Then* when we declare
this on earth, He does it. But in this context *we* are *God's* water-boy;
not there telling God what to do. Joshua sensed God's mind when he commanded
the sun to stand still. True - God did this for man - *but* the man Joshua
had faith because He already sensed the mind of God. J.A.Watt

*
<http://www.2rbetter.org/>*

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*