Focus on Jesus

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 09:15:32 PDT 2011

June 1, 2011

 *H. MATURITY - FOCUS ON JESUS - MAY 31, 2011*

 *1. Revelation 19:11-13 (19:11-16) JESUS: WORD OF GOD! “And I saw the
heaven opened; and lo, a white horse, and he that sat on it is called
Faithful and True; and in righteousness does he judge and war. 12 And his
:eyes are flame of fire, and on his :head are many diadems; having a name
written which no one knows but he. 13 And he is clothed in a garment
sprinkled with blood: and his :name is called The Word of :God” (NNT). *John
1:1 sets Jesus forth as the LOgos, the Word. And His Name in Heaven as
Glorified Man is *The Word of God*. Who is like unto You, Lord Jesus? We
know of none other! *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. Revelation 20:11 (20:11-15) JESUS: GREAT WHITE THRONE. “And I saw a
great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose :face the heaven fled
away; and no place was found for them.” *Jesus has two thrones. One at the
beginning of the Millennium: the B*E*ma - the Throne of Judgment for the
saints. And one at the end of the Millennium: The Great White Throne - at
which time all sinners receive their just desserts. *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. Revelation 2:18 (2:18-29) JESUS: EYES AS A FLAME OF FIRE. “And to the
angel of the church of Thyatira write: These things says the Son of :God,
who has his :eyes as a flame of fire, and his :feet like burnished brass.” *For
the first 3 churches of the book of Revelation, Jesus first exhorts them to
hear the word of the Spirit to them. *Then* He gives His promise to the
overcomers. But starting with Thyatira and the last 4 churches, He changes
the order. It is here to the overcomers that He gives His promise - and ends
up exhorting them to hear the Word of the Spirit! *Your :will be done, As in
heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. Revelation 3:7 (3:7-13) JESUS: ALL DOORS OPEN TO HIM. “And to the angel
:of the church in Philadelphia write: These things says the holy one, the
true, that has the key of David, who opens and none shall shut, and who
shuts and none opens.” *Philadelphia like Smyrna - are the only two churches
to whom Jesus has no word of condemnation. The sixth church has a little
power, and their Lord who has the keys to open or shut all doors, has given
to Philadelphia an open door, which Satan *cannot* shut. Consider this! *Our
:daily :bread give us this day.*

 *5. Revelation 4:2-3 (4:1-8) JESUS: A RAINBOW-SURROUNDED THRONE. “After
these things I was straightway in the Spirit: and lo, a throne was set in
the heaven, and one sitting upon the throne; 3 and who sat was to look upon
like a jasper stone and a sardius: and a rainbow round the throne, like an
emerald to look upon.” *This is the first picture of Jesus following the
opening of this “Portal” door. What an awesome picture of our Resurrected
and *Glorified* Lord! J. Hudson Taylor, founder of the China Inland Mission
through the motivation of George Muller - read 2 chapters on Jesus from the
Book of Revelation *every* Monday morning. He *maintained* his focus on
Jesus. *And forgive us our :debts, as we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. Revelation 5:6-7 (5:6-1:14) JESUS: WHO HAS THE 7 SPIRITS OF GOD. “And I
saw amidst the throne and the four living beings, and amidst the elders, a
Lamb standing, as if slain, having seven horns, and seven eyes, which are
the seven Spirits of :God, sent forth into all the earth. 7 And he came, and
he took it out of the right hand of him that sat on the throne.” *Again, a
sober and exalting vision of Jesus! The slain and resurrected Lamb of God
was *alone* worthy in heaven and earth to take and open the booklet with the
7-fold seals. We can *never* move too high in glorifying the eternal Son of
God. In *Him* dwells the fullness of the Godhead bodily! *And bring us not
into temptation.*

 *7. Luke 2:52 (2:4-52) JESUS: HIS 4-FOLD GROWTH. “And Jesus advanced in
:wisdom and stature, and in grace with God and men.” *Never before or after
- a man like Jesus! Even as Son of man - in His human state - He excelled
all others. All pictures above of Jesus in the Book of Revelation - see Him
as Glorified Man! There is a Man beside the Father sitting on the Throne of
the Universe. *But deliver us from the evil one.*

 *NOTE**: *Through the example of Oswald Chambers, I have been helped in
maintaining my daily - and even hourly and momentarily - focus on Jesus! At
the age of 27 he broke through into a victorious and overcoming relationship
with Jesus, that continued right up to his Home-going 16 years later.

 His widow Biddy posthumously prepared for publishing some 50 of his books,
that she had during their 7 years of marriage, recorded very accurately in
shorthand. Her part in this union - was much like that of Catherine Marshall
for Peter Marshall, Chaplain of the U.S. Senate.

 Again and again in his teachings came the word - “*My Utmost* for *His
Highest*.” When Biddy picked out from all his writings 366 readings for a
Daily Devotional - *this* seemed the right title for such a volume.

 “Personal, Passionate Devotion to Jesus” was another of his words that
recurs again and again in his writings. This morning, May 31, 2011, I read
his reading from “My Utmost for His Highest,” and marked it - “Master this.”
I am including it for you, as a reading I have continually sought to
“master”! J.A.Watt

 *PUT GOD FIRST - Oswald Chambers - May 31*

“*Jesus did not commit Himself to them . . . for He knew what was in man
(John 2:24-25).*

 *Put Trust in God First. *Our Lord never put His trust in any person. Yet
He was never suspicious, never bitter, and never lost hope for anyone,
because He put His trust in God first. He trusted absolutely in what God's
grace could do for others. If I put my trust in human beings first, the end
result will be my despair and hopelessness toward everyone. I will become
bitter because I have insisted that people be what no person can ever be -
absolutely perfect and right. Never trust anything in yourself or in anyone
else, except the grace of God.

 *Put God's Will First. “Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God”
(Hebrews 10:9). *A personal obedience is to* *what he sees to be a need -
our Lord's obedience was to the will of His Father. The rallying cry today
is, “We must get to work! The heathen are dying without God. We must go and
tell them about Him.” But we must first make sure that God's “needs” and His
will in us personally are being met. Jesus said, *“. . . tarry . . . until
you are endued with power from on high” (Luke 24:49). *The purpose of our
Christian training is to get us into the right relationship to the “needs”
of God and His will. Once God's “needs” in us have been met, He will open
the way for us to accomplish His will, meeting His “needs” elsewhere.

 *Put God's Son First. “Whoever receives one little child like this in My
name receives Me” (Matthew 18:5). *God came as a baby, giving and entrusting
Himself to me. He expects my personal life to be a “Bethlehem.” Am I
allowing my natural life to be slowly transformed by the indwelling life of
the Son of God? God's ultimate purpose is that His Son might be exhibited in
me.

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*