Spirit-led Intercession

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Tue May 31 09:02:08 PDT 2011

May 31, 2011

 *G. MATURITY - SPIRIT-LED INTERCESSION - MAY 30, 2011*

 *1. Romans 8:26-27 (8:26-30) INTERCESSION: DEPENDENT UPON THE SPIRIT. “And
in like manner the Spirit also helps our :infirmity: for we know not how to
pray as we ought; but the Spirit himself intercedes mightily for us with
groanings unutterable; 27 and who searches the hearts knows what is the mind
of the Spirit, because he intercedes for the saints according to God” (NNT).
*For the one - like Rees Howells - *possessed* by the Spirit - then the *
mightiness* of the Spirit is released through his life. Perhaps no book like
“Rees Howells, Intercessor” by Norman P. Grubb, so effectively reveals the
tremendous possibility of *intercession* through a human being. *Hallowed be
your :name!*

 *2. Hebrews 7:25 (7:11-25) INTERCESSION: JESUS' HEAVENLY MINISTRY. “Whence
also he is able to save to the uttermost them that approach :God through
him, he ever living to make intercession for them.” *As High Priest after
the order of Melchizedek, Jesus can give us complete salvation. And this is
all based on His *constant intercession* on our behalf. It is good on our
part to let the Spirit through us on Jesus' behalf - join with Him in this
great *Intercessory* Ministry. * Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. Isaiah 53:12 (52:13-53:12) INTERCESSION: AT TIMES AN OT LACK.
“Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide
the spoil with the strong; because he poured out his soul unto death, and
was numbered with the transgressors: yet he bore the sin of many, and made
intercession for the transgressors” (ASV '01). *Isaiah 52:13-53:12 is one of
the great and outstanding chapters of the Bible. It is the clearest window
into the soul of our Savior in the Bible. Orthodox Jews generally omit it,
for it so clearly convicts them for their treatment of Jesus at His first
coming. Even while bearing our sins - yet He *still interceded* for
transgressors! *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. Romans 8:34 (8:31-39) INTERCESSION OF JESUS: AT GOD'S RIGHT. “Who is he
that condemns? It is Christ Jesus that died, yes rather, was raised
from thedead, who is at :God's right, who also
intercedes for us.” *There are multitudes with Satan of his wicked angels
and demons - and of wicked men who join these ranks - who would rail against
us the saints. Yet - in spite of all this - the *intercessions* of Jesus in
heaven on our behalf, is *more* than adequate to offset all the negatives of
evil. *Our :daily :bread give us this day.*

 *5. Isaiah 59:15b-16 (59:15b-21) INTERCESSION: A COMPLETE OT LACK! “And
Jehovah saw it, and it displeased him that there was no justice. 16 And he
saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor:
therefore his own arm brought salvation unto him: and his righteousness, it
upheld him.” *Few human *intercessors* exceed that of the life of Moses. Yet
just as he prophesied, Israel had sunk to such a low level at the time of
the above writing - that God could not find *one intercessor* upon earth. So
- he sent His only-begotten Son to fill the gap. *And forgive us our :debts,
as we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 1 Timothy 2:1-2 (2:1-7) INTERCESSIONS: KEY RESPONSIBILITY FOR MEN. “I
exhort therefore first of all to make supplications, prayers, intercessions,
thanksgivings, for all men; 2 for kings and all that are in high place; that
we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and gravity.” *See
the 4-fold exhortation by Paul for men - and then the 4-fold type of life we
can expect to live as a result of *Intercessions* among these 4! We need a
men's prayer room with multiple carpets and no chairs, where fathers and
sons can pour out their hearts anytime day or night for these God-given
goals! *And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. Luke 23:42-43 (23:33-49) INTERCESSION: BY JESUS ON THE CROSS. “And the
thief said, Jesus, remember me when you come in your :kingdom. 43 And he
said to him, Amen I say unto you, Today shall you be with me in :Paradise.”
*It is amazing to note that Jesus in the great agony of His redemptive act
on our behalf - yet - had time to hear and answer the dying request of a
penitent thief! Again and again, when preachers at Passover recount the last
7 sayings of Jesus on the Cross - they recount *this one* among the 7! *But
deliver us from the evil one.*

 *NOTE**: *Let us look again at the above! See Intercession as one of the 7
integral component parts of God's Organic Laser-Telescope. Though
*this*part is in sixth place, yet in God's sight - shouldn't it be
much higher?
When God gave me the vision of this in 1967, He set His “Bible Numeric
Outlined Interlinear Greek NT for Laymen” as the number one component part.
I agree, though the other six come right along in importance.

 Under Romans 8:26-27, there is reference to the biography of Rees Howells
by Norman P. Grubb. There is a 3-fold definition here on
*Intercession*early in the book. It is an excellent definition, and
comes out of nearly 50
years of the subject walking most successfully in this area. I read this
definition first in 1953, and have continued to find it one of the best of
all definitions for this subject.

 Jesus is God's greatest *intercessor*. But the Holy Spirit in us enables us
to let the Lord use us in this medium in an acceptable manner.
However, *corporate
intercession* in the line of Prayer Multiplication - takes on that same
dimension as early church believers experienced. May we each one find
ourselves in such a corporate team!

 Note too that the NT throughout is for *men* to be engaged in this high
calling and privilege. Normally we find in America that women are mostly
engaged in this calling. But God expects *men* to be engaged most
prominently here.

 To document the definition on *Intercession*, turn to “Rees Howells,
Intercessor” by Norman P. Grubb, chapter 12, p.83, “What *is* an *
Intercessor*”. It reveals that “*The Identification* of the Intercessor is
Paramount. Next - *The Agony* of the Intercessor through the Holy Spirit;
and thirdly, *the authority* of the Intercessor. Other types of prayer are
necessary and good, but few understand the *costly nature* of the true
intercessor - as defined by Rees Howells.

 In closing - for those who are truly honest and sincere to join our Lord in
this dimension - I heartily recommend the purchase of the biography of Rees
Howells by Norman P.. Grubb. I have one close friend whose life was
transformed by this book in 1975. He was so captivated by its unusual
helpfulness, that he has read it monthly ever since then! I myself have read
it the same way for 7 years. I have then alternated this text with the
biographies of some of the other men mentioned in this Overview. It deals
with the Maturity of the 7 component parts of this instrument. Bless us each
one as we pursue this most important and effective pursuit. J.A. Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*