Exodus 25-31

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed May 25 12:03:22 PDT 2011

May 25, 2011

 *FEB 10 - EXODUS 25-31 - THE TABERNACLE: ITS PLAN*

 *1. 25:8-9 (25) THE TABERNACLE: ITS FURNITURE. “And let them make me a
sanctuary, that I may live among them. 9 According to all that I show you,
the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all its furniture, even so
shall you make it.” *Father, it is *Your* way of doing things that count, *
not* ours. It is *Your* pattern; Your order. Yes, we long for Your invisible
kingdom to become our visible. *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 26:30 (26) THE TABERNACLE: CURTAINS, BOARDS AND PILLARS. “And you shall
rear up the tabernacle according to its fashion which has been shown you in
the mount.” *In all this Father, you designed to portray Your Son Jesus, and
His relationship with us, His spiritual body. *No wonder* the representation
had to be so accurate! *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 27:8 (27) THE TABERNACLE: ALTAR AND COURT. “Hollow with planks shall
you make it: as it has been shown you in the mount, so shall you make
it.” *Here
we see Calvary, Father. Here *Jesus* is prepared for in His 5-fold
sacrifice. Here we find salvation for our soul. Here we find the basis for
Your right to bless us. *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 28:30 (28) THE TABERNACLE: PRIESTLY GARMENTS. “And you shall put in the
breastplate of judgment the Urim and Thummim; and they shall be upon Aaron's
heart, when he goes in before Jehovah: and Aaron shall bear the judgment of
the children of Israel upon his heart before Jehovah continually.” *Daniel
too walked this way: intercession through identification. Like Aaron, we can
pray for Clan Salvation, even as he prayed for Tribal Salvation. May we not
fall short of our intercessory privilege! *Our :daily :bread give us this
day.*

 *5. 29:45-46 (29) THE TABERNACLE: CONSECRATION OF PRIESTS. “And I will live
among the children of Israel, and will be their God. 46 And they shall know
that I am Jehovah their God, that brought them forth out of the land of
Egypt, that I might live among them: I am Jehovah their God.” *The
sanctification of tabernacle and priests brings forth Your revelation
Father, to Israel. We too would walk in this revelation. *And forgive us our
:debts, as we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 30:10 (30) THE TABERNACLE: ALTAR OF INCENSE; ANOINTING OIL. “And Aaron
shall make atonement upon the horns of it once in the year; with the blood
of the sin-offering of atonement once in the year shall he make atonement
for it throughout your generations: it is most holy unto Jehovah.” *O bring
us all under Your rod on this day of days, Father! Then will our worship be
acceptable unto You. *And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 31:2-3 (31) THE TABERNACLE: BEZALEL AND AHOLIAB. “See, I have called by
name Bezalel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah: 3 and I
have filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and
in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship.” *Father, You plan every
detail. Nothing is left out. You are God of the universe, but *also* God of
the *atom*! *And bring us not into temptation!*

 *NOTE**: 25:22 (25) WHERE GOD MEETS WITH US! “And there I will meet with
you, and I will commune with you from above the mercy-seat, from between the
two cherubim which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I
will give you in commandment unto the children of Israel.” *This is Your
Most Holy place, Your Throne, Your love seat, Father! Here was Your meeting
place with Moses, and Aaron once a year. But since the time of the Riven
Veil, *all* saints can boldly come into Your Presence!

 I read the entire Bible through in 6 weeks following my conversion at
Passover 1944. It had nothing to do with nobility on my part. Under peculiar
circumstances, God got me to agree to go into the ministry in my unconverted
state several years previously. Now that I knew Him, I wanted to know what I
had got myself into - hence this quick reading.

 Two things gripped my attention in this quick reading. The first came out
of Exodus 28:30 and the Urim and Thummim. I could find no answer to my
questions on this in Victoria among pastors, books or friends. But when on
my first leave after this, I hitch-hiked to Port Alberni, and looked up Mrs.
Allquist, who I had delivered papers to from 1938-41. She was a Jewish
missionary to the Jews, and had literally memorized the entire Bible. In
answer to my request, she had me turn to Proverbs 6:20-22 and read to her.
This is an *exact* answer to the Urim and Thummim!

 Then in August of 1982, Pastor Jack Hayford spoke in the First Baptist
Church of Arcata, California where I was serving as associate pastor. He
recounted how God in 1969 confronted his father in Oakland CA when reading
this passage - and had him replace Judah's name with Hayford, and Issachar's
name with Smith (his wife's maiden name) - and pray for these 2 clans twice
a day. Six miraculous conversions occurred in the following 6 months. My
wife Marie and I picked up on this challenge for the Watt and Gaudet clans,
plus the Chartrands, the clan of Marie's maternal grandfather. We too have
seen marvelous conversions take place through clan salvation. We already had
experienced hundreds come to Christ through the challenge of Household
Salvation.

 So - for those who find the OT dull - we can testify that for *us*, it is *
anything* but dull.

 In the year of my conversion, Lee Ellenwood came up from California to
Victoria and Port Alberni. His teaching on the Tabernacle from Exodus 25-40
revolutionized my life. I daily walk - the truths unfolded to me at that
time. They served as a base - and continue to be added to. For me - Bible
truths will continue to open to me long after I have left this earthly life,
and then enjoy the greater spiritual capacity to perceive deeper spiritual
truth. And - *Jesus* *is* the *Truth*!

 I commend then this reading from FEB 10 to each one of you. May this day's
devotion be as rich to you as it has been to me.

 And for our Psalm for the day? Read with me Psalm 40:6-8, *“Sacrifice and
offering you have no delight in; My ears have you opened: Burnt-offering and
sin-offering you have not required. 7 Then said I, Lo, I am come; In the
roll of the book it is written of me: 8 I delight to do your will, O my God;
Yes, your law is within my heart.” *This is a Messianic Prophecy showing
forth the spirit of our Lord Jesus when He left the glories of heaven for
our sake - and identified himself with us by taking on human form through
Mary - and as Son of Man sets forth an example for us how to love God and
His Word, and delight in the joy of walking in Torah. And of course we know
- His *main* purpose for coming was to die on our behalf as an atonement for
our sin! J.A.Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*