Exodus 1-2

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Thu May 12 10:17:37 PDT 2011

May 12, 2011

 *JAN 31 - EXODUS 1-2 - MOSES: HIS PREPARATION*

 *1. 1:1, 5 (1:1-6) EGYPT: JACOB'S 70. “Now these are the names of the sons
of Israel, who came into Egypt (every man and his household came with
Jacob.) 5 And all the souls that came out of the loins of Jacob were seventy
souls: and Joseph was in Egypt already” (NNT '01). *Genesis ends with a
coffin; Exodus begins the same way, but then moves into abundance plus
persecution. All this abundance was based on the Sanhedrin of 70 souls from
the loins of Jacob. From them came the twelve tribes of Israel. *Hallowed be
your :name!*

 *2. 1:12 (1:7-14) EGYPT: HARSH BONDAGE UPON ISRAEL. “But the more Egypt
afflicted them, the more they multiplied and the more they spread abroad.
And they were grieved because of the children of Israel.” *Abundance brought
persecution; persecution brought more abundance; greater abundance brought
more bitter persecution. But all of this was but a prelude to the *Exodus*!
*Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 1:17 (1:15-22) EGYPT: MALE CHILDREN DESTROYED. “But the midwives feared
God, and did not as the king of Egypt commanded them, but saved the
men-children alive.” *How marvelous the faith of these two women! Yet the
bitterness of persecution took a new and frightening turn: repeated when
Jesus was an infant; multiplied with today's abortions! It all reflects
Satan's rage and hatred toward God and His people. *Your :will be done, As
in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 2:10 (2:1-10) MOSES: HIS DELIVERANCE. “And the child grew, and she
brought him unto Pharaoh's daughter, and he became her son. And she called
his name Moses, and said, Because I drew him out of the water.” *Let Satan
rage: You Father, are well able to save Your Moses and Jesus in spite of his
raging. Greater is our God in us that Satan in the world! *Our :daily :bread
Give us this day.*

 *5. 2:15 (2:11-15) MOSES: HIS FLIGHT. “Now when Pharaoh heard this thing,
he sought to kill Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and lived
in the land of Midian: and he sat down by a well.” *Your hand Father is with
us, even though we understand not the path that we take. You are making Your
purposes work together for good. You make a way to escape that we may be
able to bear temptation. *And forgive us our :debts, as we also have
forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 2:21-22 (2:16-22) MOSES: HIS PROVISION FROM GOD. “And Moses was content
to live with Jethro: and he gave Moses Zipporah his daughter. 22 And she
bore a son, and he called his name Gershom; for he said, I have been a
sojourner in a foreign land.” *These were not easy days. They were as when
Elijah dwelt by the brook Cherith with the widow. It was Your provision
Father, until the time of Your deliverance came! *And bring us not into
temptation!*

 *7. 2:24-25 (2:23-25) MOSES: HIS GOD. “And God heard their groaning, and
God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob. 25 And
God saw the children of Israel, and God took knowledge of them.” *We see
Psalm 107 here. How faithful You are Father! When we call unto You in our
trouble, You incline Your ear unto us and with Your strong right arm You
deliver us! * But deliver us from the evil one.*

 *NOTE**: 1:20-21 (1:15-22) “And God dealt well with the midwives: and the
people multiplied, and grew mightily. **21 And it came to pass, because the
midwives feared God, that he made them households.” *There is a reward for
fearing You Father, and doing that which is righteous in Your sight!

 Moses is highly regarded among the Orthodox Jews, probably even above
Abraham. For Christians, we read of the contrast in the book of Hebrews
between Moses and Christ. Jesus is placed far above Moses - but at the same
time, just as Jesus built His church of Jew and Gentile in the One New Man -
so Moses built the Old Covenant body of Israel, the 12 tribes of Jacob. And
Israel is but a shadow of the church.

 Moses - according to history and Jesus - is the human author of the first 5
Old Covenant Books called the Torah by Jews - and the Pentateuch by the
church. Forget the foolish “Documentary Hypothesis” by the Modernistic
so-called scholars, beginning in Germany. Those not born from above by the
Spirit of God - have an innate hatred of God and His Word. Let them rage at
the true evangelical position. At the B*E*ma Judgment Seat of Christ upon
His Return - it will be abundantly clear that Psalm 2 is correct. He who
dwells in the heavens is laughing now - and *will laugh* at the foolish
theories of the unbelievers. Darwin is only one of many of these.

 Exodus chapters 1 & 2 set forth the true history of the times of Moses in
which he was born and brought up. The selected views from these two chapters
plus the 7-fold outline - lays the foundation explaining God's supernatural
watch-care over Moses as a baby - and His subsequent choice of this man as
the human deliverer in His hands - to bring Israel out of Egypt.

 Psalm 30 is the Psalm for January 30th and 31st. *30:1-2 “I will extol you,
O Jehovah; for you have raised me up, And has not made my foes to rejoice
over me. 2 O Jehovah my God, I cried unto you, and you have healed me.” *See
how in spirit it fits in with the unassailable ability of God to protect His
people in the midst of their enemies. From our view-point He may at times
seem slow in His deliverance - but from “eternity's values in view” - it is
always just right! See Hebrews 4:16 (4:14-16) *“Let us therefore with
boldness approach the throne of :grace, that we may receive mercy and find
grace to help in time of need.” *Here Paul reveals God as the One who
provides grace to help *in time of need*! Ern Baxter liked to phrase this -
as the God who helps *in the nick of time*! Be assured - *our God* always
does right: perhaps not too soon - but never too late! JAWatt* *

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*