Exodus 1-18 Overview

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed May 11 11:17:10 PDT 2011

May 11, 2011

 * JAN 31-FEB 6 - EXODUS 1-18 - OVERVIEW - REDEMPTION THROUGH BLOOD*

 *JAN 31. 2:10 (1-2) MOSES: HIS PREPARATION. “And the child grew, and she
brought him unto Pharaoh's daughter, and he became her son. And she called
his name Moses, and said, Because I drew him out of the water” (ASV '01). *How
great is Your provision for Your Kingdom, O Father! You can use a heathen
king Cyrus, or a Pharaoh's daughter. *Hallowed be Your Name!*

 *FEB 1. 3:14 (3-4) MOSES: HIS CALL. “And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I
AM; and he said, Thus shall you say unto the children of Israel, I AM has
sent me unto you.” *You have revealed Yourself unto us by Your Name, O great
Jehovah Father. You have given Your Name unto Jesus (Jehovah saves). *Your
:kingdom come!*

 *FEB 2. 5:17-18 (5:1-7:18) PHARAOH: HIS PERSECUTION. “But Pharaoh said, You
are idle, you are idle: therefore you say, Let us go and sacrifice to
Jehovah. 18 Go therefore now, and work; for there shall no straw be given
you, yet shall you deliver the number of bricks.” *Pharaoh and Satan may not
give us our daily needs - but You do, O Father! *Your :will be done, As in
heaven, so on earth.*

 *FEB 3. 10:7 (7:19-11:10) PHARAOH: THE TEN PLAGUES. “And Pharaoh's servants
said unto him, How long shall this man be a snare unto us? let the men go,
that they may serve Jehovah their God: do you not yet know that Egypt is
destroyed? *You Father, are able to bring Your enemies to repentance, and to
bow before You! *Our :daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *FEB 4. 12:11b-12 (12-13) JEHOVAH: THE PASSOVER. “And you shall eat it in
haste: it is Jehovah's passover. 12 For I will go through the land of Egypt
in that night, and will strike all the first-born in the land of Egypt, both
man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I
am Jehovah.” *And while You test Egypt Father, You protect Your people in
Goshen from these judgments! *And forgive us our :debts, as we also have
forgiven our :debtors.*

 *FEB 5. 16:4 (14-17) JEHOVAH: HIS PROVISION. “Then said Jehovah unto Moses,
Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out
and gather a day's portion every day, that I may prove them, whether they
will walk in my law, or not.” *Satan can look upon Your provision for us
Father, and gnash his teeth. For *You* prepare for us a table in the
presence of our enemies! *And bring us not into temptation!*

 *FEB 6. 18:23 (18) JEHOVAH: CONFIRMS JETHRO'S COUNSEL. “If you shall do
this thing, and God command you so, then you shall be able to endure, and
all this people also shall go to their place in peace.” *And You O Father,
confirmed the words of Jethro to Moses, and peace crowned his counsel. *But
deliver us from the evil one.*

 *NOTE**: *The Exodus presents two distinct aspects of truth for us through
Israel. Redemption through the Blood comes up as the apex to the 10
judgments of God upon the gods of Egypt. This culminates in the first of
God's great Feasts given to Israel as a type and shadow. It lays the
foundation for the Lord's Supper that came under the New Covenant through
Jesus - some 1500 years later.

 The last half of this second book of God through Moses - lays the
foundation for the proper method of approach to God through protocol -
through the Tabernacle in the Wilderness, and later as the Temple of
Solomon.

 In 1944 Lee Ellenwood from California brought up to Canada a series of
messages based on Moses' Tabernacle. The Outer Court majors on the Feast of
Passover at the Brazen Altar. The Holy Place brings us into union and
communion with Jesus, the Savior of our souls. But the Holy of Holies
represents the union of our spirit with the Spirit of God above the Mercy
Seat - and through the Riven Veil. Then our recreated spirit can take
precedence over our redeemed soul to form a *united heart* that David in
Psalm 86:11 so longed for.

 For more insights on this latter, look into “The Tabernacle Tour” - Face to
Face with God - A Handbook on Heart Transformation - by Jim Ray - *<
www.thetabernacletour.com>.*

 Probably Exodus 12-13 is a high water mark for the entire book of Exodus,
for it lays out “The Passover” by our great God “Jehovah”!

 I also like Exodus 18 with Jethro's advice to Moses concerning the handling
of interpersonal problems through cell groups. Some think this is merely a
man's suggestion. *Not so*! Moses' father-in-law Jethro was most careful to
say - “If *God* confirms my counsel - *then* go ahead in implementing it!
God did! And Moses did!

 When Jesus fed the 5000 and the 4000, he had his 12 disciples set them in
groups of 50's and 100's - in line with the wise counsel of God through
Jethro.

 And finally, look at the Psalm for February 6th - 36:5-6. *“Your
lovingkindness (CHEsed), O Jehovah, is in the heavens; Your faithfulness **
reaches** unto the skies. **6** Your righteousness is like the mountains of
God; Your judgments are a great deep: O Jehovah, you preserve man and
beast.”* David by the Holy Spirit confirms the workings of God on behalf of
His people in the days of the Exodus from Egypt. But He is just as faithful
to His people - Jews and Gentiles - today. He changes not! J.A.Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*