Matthew 26-28

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed May 4 09:34:26 PDT 2011

May 4, 2011

 *DAY 30 - MATTHEW 26-28 - CRUCIFIXION AND RESURRECTION OF JESUS*

 *1. 26:14-16 (26:1-16) CRUCIFIXION PLOTTED. “Then one of the twelve, the
one called Judas Iscariot, went unto the chief priests, 15 and said, What
are you willing to give me, and I will deliver him to you. And they weighed
him thirty silver-pieces. 16 And from then on he sought opportunity to
deliver him” (NNT). *O deliver us from ever falling, when tempted to betray
Jesus either by neglect, commission or example. * Hallowed be Your Name!*

 *2. 26:27-28 (26:17-35) PASSOVER SUPPER. “And he took a cup, and gave
thanks, and gave to them, saying, All you drink of it; 28 for this is my
:blood of the covenant, :poured out for many unto remission of sins.” *Father,
You are the God who calls the things that are not as though they were! You
were in Christ reconciling the world to Yourself - Calvary was here as good
as already done! *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 26:39 (26:36-56) GETHSEMANE. “And he went forward a little, and fell on
his face, praying, and saying, My Father, if it be possible, let this :cup
pass from me: nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.” *Nowhere
Father, will we find a more poignant example of Your will being done on
earth as it is in heaven. You and Your Son have made an everlasting covenant
of salvation on our behalf. *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 26:75 (26:57-75) PETER DENIES JESUS. “And :Peter remembered the word
Jesus had said [that], Before the cock crow, you shall deny me thrice. And
he went out, and wept bitterly.” *May we not like Peter trust in our flesh.
But may we in You be faithful to You and Your Son! It is only Christ living
in us the exchanged life, that any of us can overcome! *Our :daily bread
give us this day!*

 *5. 27:46, 50 (27:1-56) DEATH OF JESUS. “And about the ninth hour :Jesus
cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthanei? that is, My
God, my God, why did you forsake me? 50 And :Jesus cried again with a loud
voice, and he yielded up his :spirit.” *This is Jesus' time of the Dark
Night of the Soul. Father You turned Your back, as Your Son became sin for
us. O what holiness as propitiation was made! *And forgive us our :debts, as
we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 27:64 (27:57-66) THE TOMB. “Command therefore that the sepulcher be
made secure until the third day, lest haply the disciples come and steal
him, and say to the people, He is risen from the dead: and the last error
will be worse than the first.” *What poetic justice! The presence of Roman
soldiers gave even greater credence to the resurrection of Jesus from the
dead! How You can turn the tables Father, and sitting in the heavens, laugh!
*And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 28:5-6 (28) RESURRECTION AND COMMISSION. “And the angel answered
andsaid to the women, Fear not YOU; for I know that you seek Jesus the
crucified one. 6 He is not here; for he is risen, even as he said. Come, see
the place where he lay.” *What a message of joy! What a word of fulfillment!
What a story of victory! Jesus is risen! Shout it abroad! *But deliver us
from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 28:18-20 (28) “And :Jesus came to **them and spoke to them,
saying, All authority has been given me in heaven and on :earth. 19 Go
therefore, and disciple all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the
Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: 20 teaching them to keep all
things whatever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you all the days till the
consummation of the age.” *The fullness of the Godhead bodily dwells in You,
Lord Jesus! One world-known evangelical evangelist uses the following
baptismal formula: “I baptize you in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, in
whom the fullness of the Godhead dwells bodily: Father, Son and Holy
Spirit.”

 Of all the occurrences within the last week of Jesus - the Cross and the
Resurrection are the key points in the mind of God. It was for *this* that
Jesus came! It was for this that He divested Himself of the prerogatives of
Deity, humbled Himself to become man - and in the end made Redemption and
Reconciliation through His blood on our behalf.

 To miss understanding on this key event, is to miss God's mind and thinking
on the greatest event in all of history. The apostle Paul did *not* miss
this understanding - nor Peter and the other apostles - nor the early
church. It is *this* understanding that motivated and catapulted early
believers from the Outer Court of the Tabernacle, into the Holy Place - and
*then* right on into the Holy of Holies through the riven veil - into the
very presence of God. A failure to understand this - is a failure for the
majority of believers today - especially American believers - to press into
full identification with Jesus in His death, burial and resurrection. It is
total death to our self-life - our will - all of this - just like Jesus in
His humanity, was placed at God's full disposal; so by us as His perfect
servants with Christ we should do the same!

 *Full* Discipleship! *Matthew 28:18-20*! Obedient to all the teaching and
commandments of Christ which He gave to His disciples in His earthly life -
and commissioned them to pass this along to *all* future believers. Mere
conversion is *not* enough. Full discipleship is the clear mandate of our
God and His Christ. Anything less is failing Him in His great sacrifice on
our behalf. “*My Utmost* for His Highest” must come to us with heavenly
clarion call. “Personal, Passionate Devotion to Jesus” - *this* is normal
Christianity from heaven's view point. Your Will, Father, be done on earth -
*as it is in heaven*. All heavenly angels and departed saints walk this way.
*This* is the goal for us. *Now* is the time of preparation for a vast
eternity versus the brief 70-90 years down here.

 So - Matthew 26-28 is really the focal point to which all the preceding 25
chapters of Matthew have laid the foundation.

 Jesus again and again said, *“He that has ears, let him hear what the
Spirit is saying to the churches!” *This was the insistent note of Pastor
Bob Birch, the apostle of love and prayer of Canada. Perhaps this is an
explanation for the astounding election results in Canada this early part of
May, 2011. Dr. David Yonggi Cho of Seoul, South Korea 3 times prophesied
that God has reserved Canada for a special role to play among the nations of
the world just prior to the return of the Son of God as Lord of lords and
King of kings. Let the evil-minded of both America and Canada tremble at the
changes our Lord will make upon His return. Let the homosexuals, the evil
educators, and abortionists etc. - tremble!

 Changes are about to come. Satan and witchcraft is about to end for 1000
years. Imagine!

 Psalm 30:11-12 exactly expresses the reaction of God's people in the light
of this. *“You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosed
my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; 12 To the end that my glory may
sing praise to you, and not be silent. O Jehovah my God, I will give thanks
unto you for ever.”* At the remembrance of these things Father, we honor You
and Your Goodness and Righteous love! J.A.Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*