Psalm 90-106

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 09:22:57 PDT 2011

April 24, 2011

 *JAN 20 - PSALM 90-106 - WANDERING AND NUMBERS*

 *1. 90:12 (90) ISRAEL IN THE WILDERNESS. “So teach us to number our days,
That we may get us a heart of wisdom” (ASV '01). *We bless You Father, for
Moses, the servant of God; and for his prayer as the noble man of God. Write
deep on our hearts the shortness of our days, and the wisdom of turning them
over to You! We submit to You in obedience of faith! *Hallowed be Your Name!
*

 *2. 91:14 (91) TRIUNITY OF THE GODHEAD SPEAKS. “Because he has set his love
upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he
has known my name.” *The Spirit's testimony: 91:1; Messiah's testimony:
91:2-13; testimony confirmed by God: 91:14-16. Father, we treasure the
confirmation of Your words concerning Your Pre-incarnate Son! *Your :kingdom
come!*

 *3. 94:12 (92-94) BLESSEDNESS OF CORRECTION. “Blessed is the man whom You
do chasten, O Jehovah, and teaches out of Your law (Torah).” *We count it
all joy Father, when we fall into many testings. We recognize that they come
as discipline from Your hand, because You love us! Even so Father, for so it
seems good in Your sight! *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 95:7b-8 (95-100) REST ANTICIPATED. “Today, oh that you would hear his
voice! 8 Harden not your heart, as at Meribah (strife), As in the day of
Massah (temptation) in the wilderness.” *O Father, let us profit in the fear
of Jehovah from the rebellion of Israel of old. We would enter into Your
full rest, sitting with You on Your throne in the Holy of Holies. Let Your
words lead us into the spirit of forgiveness. We remember Corrie ten Boom. *Our
:daily bread give us this day!*

 *5. 103:7 (101-104) GOD OF CREATION. “Jehovah made known his ways unto
Moses, His doings unto the children of Israel.” *Ah, Jehovah Father, You Who
have created all things, may we know You not only by Your acts, but like
Moses, may we know Your ways and purposes before they come to pass! We would
call the things that are not as though they were (Romans 4:17)! * And
forgive us our :debts, as we also have forgiven our :debtors!*

 *6. 105:8 (105) GOD REMEMBERS HIS COVENANT. “Jehovah has remembered his
covenant for ever, The word which he commanded to a thousand generations.” *You
are a covenant-keeping God, O Father! You blessed Israel even whey they were
stiff-necked and stubborn, because of Your word to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
We as Gentiles grafted into the olive tree root, are also blessed in
Abraham. *And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 106:45 (106) WRATH TEMPERED WITH MERCY. “And Jehovah remembered for
them His covenant, And repented according to the multitude of his
lovingkindnesses.” * The grace and covenant love of God on the behalf of His
people is “Chesed!” Father, we see such longsuffering from Your heart on our
behalf. Again, Your Covenant accepted by Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, binds You
to us! *But deliver us from the evil one.*

 *NOTE: 106:13-15 (106) “Israel soon forgot his works; They did not wait for
His counsel, 14 But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness, and tempted God in
the desert. 15 And he gave them their request, But sent leanness into their
soul.” *O Father, teach us the foolishness of lusting after our own ways.
May we profit from Israel's history. You have given us in the Church - the
Old Testament - full of examples and lessons* - *especially what *not* to
do! What a treasure-trove indeed are those 39 books! Fully two thirds of our
New Covenant for the Church is either direct quotations or references to the
Old Covenant. There is no way we can fully understand the New Testament,
except we immerse ourselves in the preceding Covenant.* *

 Psalm 90 is one of the two psalms of Moses in this book. It is *rich* in
practical lessons, not least of which is its exhortation for us to fix our
attention on the *shortness* of our lives down here! Our 70-90 years are but
a short prelude and preparation for *all* of Eternity. How foolish on our
part to live in the light *only* of these few brief years, when all of
eternity faces us. “With Eternity's Values in View” should be our continual
watch-word down here.

 For - as Agnes Springer has well put it in her book “Intra Muros” - revised
to “Within Heaven's Gates” - our two lives are *one*! If we wisely make
Jesus - God's only-begotten Son our Savior, Lord and Redeemer - then we step
from this life directly into Heaven! No soul-sleep at all!

 But if we foolishly neglect life's wisest lessons - then like the rich man
in Jesus' story with Lazarus - we face the unimaginable torment there
described by our Lord. And when Jesus mentions names in a story - it is no
longer a parable - *it is the truth*! And listen not to the modernists who
claim Jesus was but a child of his times, and of course didn't really know
what he was talking about! Imagine their fright and shock when they stand
before Him at the Great White Throne Judgment - to answer for their crassly
ignorant judgments in this life. Unfortunately, many foolish listeners -
have listened and followed the blind teachings of the blind.

 The 17 Psalms of this day's devotional reading link up with the Book of
Numbers - the Book recording the 40 year wandering of Israel in the
Wilderness after their supernatural escape from Egypt. This book of Numbers
was the favorite for one of my friends from Alberta, Canada. Perhaps it was
because so many valuable lessons are contained in the fourth book of Moses.
And think not to make the “Documentary Hypothesis” of Modernistic so-called
scholars a true interpretation! Jesus accorded Moses with the authorship of
these first 5 books of the Torah - the Pentateuch in Christian circles.

 God's Bible Numerics as discovered by Russian Ivan Panin in 1890 -
completely overrules such a false hypothesis.

 Blessings on each one of us as we glean rich insights from these 17 Psalms
and the Book of Numbers. J.A.Watt

 *TO UNSUBSCRIBE – Please email: **
jmbetter-unsubscribe at skagitattic.no-ip.org*

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES – Web:** **