Psalm 73-89

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 09:24:29 PDT 2011

April 23, 2011

 * DAY 19 - PSALM 73-89 - SANCTUARY AND LEVITICUS*

 *1. 73:21-22 (73) FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD: NOT FOR THE WICKED. “For my soul was
grieved, And I was pricked in my heart: 21 So brutish was I, and ignorant; I
was as a beast before you.” *How good it is for us to receive a correct
appraisal of ourselves! If we walk in the flesh, and judge evil men
according to our natural judgment, we are deceived. We choose to believe
Your revelation about all things! *Hallowed be Your Name!*

 *2. 77:13 (74-77) FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD: THROUGH JUDGMENT AND MERCY. “Your
way, O God, is in the sanctuary: Who is a great god like unto God?” *In Your
house we find meaning to life. Here we find answers to our questions. Here
the 5-fold ministry adjusts Your Body. You really do it through them
(Matthew 16:18)! You alone are great! *Bend us*, O Father. *Your :kingdom
come!*

 *3. 78:72 (78) FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD: ILLUSTRATED BY ISRAEL. *“*So he was
their shepherd according to the integrity of his heart, And guided them by
the skillfulness of his hands.” *Father, this is Your wonderful service on
our behalf, even when we are unworthy: especially when we are unworthy! We
deserve not the least of Your mercies and lovingkindness. It is all of
grace, even in our rebellion. *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on
earth.*

 *4. 80:19 (79-83) FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD: IN MIDST OF ENEMIES. “Turn us again,
O Jehovah God of hosts; Cause your face to shine, and we shall be saved.” *Your
ways are all of grace. Your way is in the sea. Your ways are inscrutable,
and past finding out. You prepare a table for us in the presence of our
enemies. You quicken us, and we come alive. Speak to us as You spoke to
Lazarus. Command life out of death, and teach us to love our enemies. *Our
:daily bread give us this day!*

 *5. 84:11 (84) OUR WALK: IN THE TABERNACLE. “For Jehovah God is a sun and
shield: Jehovah will give grace and glory; No good thing will he withhold
from them that walk uprightly.” *Like David, O Father, we would rather be a
doorkeeper, a porter in the house of our God, than to dwell in the tents of
wickedness. Your tabernacle is *the church*, Your Body. We do discern Your
Body - and avoid sickness and premature death. *And forgive us our :debts,
as we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 86:11 (85-88) OUR WALK: THROUGH PRAYER AND PRAISE. “Teach me Your way,
O Jehovah; I will walk in Your truth: Unite my heart to fear Your name.” *We
will *never* forget this truth, O Father! Help us always to walk in it! Let
our spirit rule our soul. Let our heart rule our head. Let Your Spirit renew
our mind. Let our body follow as a caboose. *Let our spirit and soul be as
one*. Let our flesh be broken up. *And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 89:34 (89) OUR WALK: THROUGH COVENANT. “My covenant will I not break,
Nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.” *O what a God You are! O
what a wonder You are! How faithful You are to Your covenant word! You and
Your word are one (John 1:1; 2 Peter 1:4). *But deliver us from the evil
one.*

 *NOTE**: *Yes, Jehovah shall give that which is good; And our land shall
yield her increase (85:12). But first, grant us wisdom, discernment and
resolve to heal the land as did David (2 Samuel 21:1-14)! Revival, O Father,
is dependent upon our obedience to 2 Chronicles 7:14. O let us arise and
fulfill Your conditions, that You from heaven might smile upon us!

 It is in Your Sanctuary - in Your Tabernacle and Temple, where we realize
unity within ourselves to worship You, O Father!

 In a sense, our body is linked with the Holy Spirit in the Outer Court.
Here we enter into Your Gates with thanksgiving, and into Your Courts with *
Praise*!

 Then in the Holy Place, we find that You, Christ Jesus our Lord, have
worked out on our behalf *plenteous Redemption*! Here our soul finds unity
with You! Here - our mind is *renewed*! Here we see You walking in the midst
of the Menorah - the 7-fold Candlestick, where the gifts of the Spirit move
(1 Corinthians 12:8-11). Here we feast on You at the Table of Your Presence.
Here we find our Roots in Israel through her 12 tribes represented by the
two piles of 6 loaves each. Here is the fruit of the vine representing Your
Blood. Here John 6 comes alive.

 Then we approach the Altar of Incense in front of the Riven Veil. Here we
offer up to You Father, worship in Spirit and in Truth - for *this* is Your
desire, as laid out by Your Son in John 4.

 And now that at Calvary the veil between the Holy Place and the Holiest was
*riven* - we enter in *with boldness*, and like David of old sat before the
Ark of the Covenant and Mercy Seat, we see You Father enthroned above the
Cherubim. What Majesty! What glory! There our recreated spirit is made one
with Almighty God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit! There our recreated spirit
is made one with our renewed mind and soul through the Holy Place. Then we
find a *united heart* - spirit and soul moving as *one* to magnify You,
Father, as You *desire* to be magnified. You have *united* our heart to fear
Your Name!

 The Book of Leviticus - the Book of Jesus' Sanctuary - sets forth these
marvelous truths through the priests and Levites. What could be for us a
boring book - instead becomes the key and very heart of our effective
worship! All praise and glory to Your Matchless and All-worthy Name!
J.A.Watt

 *TO UNSUBSCRIBE – Please email: **
jmbetter-unsubscribe at skagitattic.no-ip.org*

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES – Web:** **