Psalm 42-72

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 09:25:11 PDT 2011

April 22, 2011

 *JAN 18 - PSALM 42-72 - DELIVERANCE AND EXODUS*

 *1. 42:3 (42-43) PSALMS OF RUIN AND DESPAIR. “Oh send out your light and
your truth; let them lead me: Let them bring me unto your holy hill, And to
your tabernacles” (ASV '01) *Except You, O Father, had rescued us from our
hopeless estate, we would have been lost indeed. But by Your truth You have
brought us to Zion, Your holy hill. Today and tomorrow, shine through
us! *Hallowed
be Your Name!*

 *2. 49:15 (44-50) PSALMS OF MIGHTY DELIVERANCE. “But God will redeem my
soul from the power of Sheol; For he will receive me. Selah.” *Who is a God
like unto You, O Father? Hell has no terrors for us because of You! And You
will be our God for all the ages. *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 51:17 (51-55) PSALMS OF DEFEAT AND HARDSHIP. “The sacrifices of God are
a broken spirit: A broken and a contrite heart, O God, you will not
despise.” *The way of the transgressor is hard. The sinning saint, like
David, is plunged into despair. But You, O Father, regard contrition and
repentance! You grant forgiveness and restoration. *Your :will be done, As
in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 62:8 (56-64) PSALMS OF PERSECUTION. “Trust in him at all times, you
people; Pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.” *What
an outpouring of love, devotion and praise You desire for us, O Father! And
what good and joy it brings to our souls when we do so! *Our :daily bread
give us this day.*

 *5. 66:18-19 (65-68) PSALMS OF PRAISE AND TRIUMPH. “If I regard iniquity in
my heart, The Lord will not hear: 19 But truly God has heard; He has
attended to the voice of my prayer.” *God's word is actually God speaking to
us. We highly regard You and Your Word, O Father! You have magnified Your
word above all Your Name. Let us not as believers deceive ourselves and say,
You hear when we deliberately sin! This is the enemy's lie contrary to You
and Your Word! *And forgive us our :debts, as we also have forgiven our
:debtors.*

 *6. 69:10 (69-71) PSALMS OF PRAYER AND PRAISE. “When I wept, and
chastenedmy soul with fasting, That was to my reproach.”
*Fasting chastens our soul, O Father; humbles us and brings a contrite
heart! Then we find a deeper cleansing and forgiveness, and move in higher
joy and gladness! *And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 72:8 (72) PSALM FOR SOLOMON. “He shall have dominion also from sea to
sea, And from the River unto the ends of the earth.” *Father, You are a
greater than Solomon. His literal dominion was limited; Your dominion will
be unlimited: the kingdoms of this world will become the kingdoms of You,
Father, and Your Christ! *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: *As the deer pants after the water brooks, so pants our soul after
You, O Father. Our youths will seek You, and our children too. Early in the
morning we will seek You. You alone, O Father, satisfies our thirsty souls!

 It is in the Book of Exodus that we find the basis for the celebration of
the Lord's Supper - even in the Passover Seder - for *Jesus* is our Passover
(1 Corinthians 5:7). Many Western churches celebrate with our Jewish friends
this feast. The 7 Feasts of Leviticus 23 including Passover - are called the
Feasts of the *Lord*! They are *His* Feasts primarily, which He gave to
Israel to celebrate, and with the birth of the Church, The “One New Man”
composed of both Jew and Gentile. Then the latter who are grafted into their
Jewish Roots, have all the benefits of Abraham also! And has the church
replaced Israel? Not at all! In Romans 11 the apostle Paul, the Apostle to
the Uncircumcision, we Gentiles - clearly points out the Wisdom of our God.
Temporarily He has placed a Sovereign blindness upon Israel until the
fullness of the Gentiles comes into His Kingdom. *Then* He will lift this
blindness of His chosen nation, which under Christ our Jewish Messiah - will
become head nation, of the earth during our Savior's Millennial Reign.

 So the great deliverance Israel experienced under Moses from Pharaoh and
Egypt, is a picture - a type - of what God is doing for the Church -
composed of Jew and Gentile. God in the 7 points below given to Dr. Daniel
Juster - brings comfort and encouragement to our souls. Through the 10
plagues on Egypt, the Passover, and the Crossing of the Red sea, we find a 7
point key to place upon the book of Revelation. This opens this book with a
clear understanding for us in these last days.

 1. *Preparation for God's people* - Revelation 2-3 - Letters to the 7
churches! Jesus words to these 7 churches only are a help to those who have
ears to hear what His Spirit is saying to these seven churches. These words
will prepare God's people for His Revelation to follow. Just as Joseph
protected Israel in Egypt while he was alive.

 2. *God's People Protected*! Just as God protected Israel in *Goshen* from
the plague of “flies” to the end of the plagues, so He will raise up *little
Goshens* for His people in these last days. See Revelation 4:7; 10-11

 3. *Plagues - on World-wide Egypt* - a picture of our world - world-wide -
Revelation 5-6; 8-9; 15-18

 4. *Antichrist - the Last-day Pharaoh!* - Revelation 12-13

 5. * Exodus through the Glory-cloud* - Revelation 14:14-16 - for us - just
as God delivered Israel through the Red Sea by Moses, a picture of Christ,
and His rescue of His people through this supernatural way.

 6. *Antichrist - drowned in the wrath of God* - 19:11-21-20:3; 2l-22, just
as Pharaoh and his hosts were drowned in the Red Sea.

 7. *Entrance into the Promised Land* - 19:1-10; 20:4; 21-22; just as God
through Moses, and then Joshua (another type of Christ) drove out the 7
Canaanite nations, and planted Israel there according to His faithful
promise.

 This has been a help to me, and I share it with you that it might be a help
in the midst of the welter of interpretations that surround this last Bible
book. Still - difficult or not - it is the *only* book of the 66 books of
the Bible - that God promises to the reader a blessing for reading!

 So Psalm 42-72 - linked with the Book of Exodus by our Jewish friends -
stands before us today as the Revelation of Jesus Christ sent by His angel
to the apostle John - to give us in the church - both Jew and Gentile -
strong confidence in our God. He will cause all things to work out together
for good to those of us who love Him, and called according to *His* purpose!
J.A.W.

 *TO UNSUBSCRIBE – Please email: **
jmbetter-unsubscribe at skagitattic.no-ip.org*

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES – Web:** **