Genesis 12-15

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 15:21:17 PDT 2011

April 9, 2011

 *JAN 10 - GENESIS 12-15 - ABRAM AND GOD*

 *1. 12:1-2 (12:1-3) ABRAM: PROPHETICALLY BLESSED BY GOD. “Now Jehovah said
unto Abram, Get out of your country, and from your kindred, and from your
father's house, unto the land that I will show you: 2 and I will make of you
a great nation, and I will bless you, and make your name great; and you be a
blessing” (ASV, '01) *Before blessing must first come separation! Abram had
seven of these! *Hallowed be Your Name!*

 *2. 12:7 (12:4-9) ABRAM IN CANAAN: PROMISED LAND. “And Jehovah appeared
unto Abram, and said, Unto your seed will I give this land: and there he
built an altar unto Jehovah, who appeared unto him.” *Abram's life: one
altar after another to You, O Father! O may we all have worship to You as a
foundation of our life! *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 12:10 (12:10-20) ABRAM'S LAPSE IN EGYPT. “And there was a famine in the
land: and Abram went down into Egypt to sojourn there; for the famine was
severe in the land.” *This was a violation of the obedience of faith; for
Your blessing, Father, was in remaining in the land. Yet, You still looked
after Abram in his disobedience! *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on
earth.*

 *4. 13:14-15 (13) ABRAM AND LOT. “And Jehovah said unto Abram, after that
Lot was separated from him, Lift up now your eyes, and look from the place
where you are, northward and southward and eastward and westward: 15 for all
the land which you see, to you will I give it, and to your seed for ever.”*

We see Your promise Father, after another separation. *Our :daily bread Give
us this day.*

 *5. 14:18-20 (14) ABRAM: SODOM, MAMRE AND MELCHIZEDEK. “And Melchizedek
king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was priest of God Most
High. **19** And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of God Most
High, possessor of heaven and earth: **20** and blessed be God Most High,
who has delivered your enemies into your hand. And Abram gave him a tenth of
all.” *Abram gave him a tenth of everything. Father, when we are tempted to
doubt You, may we remember that You are greater than Melchizedek! *And
forgive us our :debts, as we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 15:1, 6 (15:1-6) ABRAM: PROMISE OF THE SEED. “After these things the
word of Jehovah came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear Not, Abram: I am
your shield, **and** your exceeding great reward. **6** And Abram believed
in Jehovah; and he reckoned it to him for righteousness.” *This is one of
the most significant statements in the Bible! Write it deep on our hearts,
Father! Show us the true perception of these things. *And bring us not into
temptation.*

 *7. 15:7, 18 (15:7-21) ABRAM: COVENANT CONFIRMED. “And he said unto him, I
am Jehovah that brought you out of Ur of the Chaldees, to give you this land
to inherit it. **18** In that day Jehovah made a covenant with Abram,
saying, Unto your seed have I given this land from the river of Egypt unto
the great river, the river Euphrates.” *You Father brought Abram from Ur;
You called him from Haran, and You began a nation from him in Canaan. *But
deliver us from the evil one.*

 *NOTE**: *God through His Bible Numerics as revealed to Ivan Panin and
others - makes Genesis 12-20 on
Abraham, one of the three or four most significant readings in all of
Scripture. It will pay any of us to master this section of the Bible.

 Notice that before God could use Abraham according to His purposes, that
first He had to lead him in making a 3-fold separation. And - there are
applicable lessons in this for you and me.

 Once Abram had obeyed and arrived in Canaanland, God revealed to him the
importance and extent of the land: from the river Nile to the Euphrates.
David and Solomon saw this promise fulfilled, but not till the return of the
Lord Jesus will its final fulfillment take place.

 Then, look at the tithe Abram gave to Melchizedek. Again - rich lessons lie
in this segment of history. We as Gentiles are grafted into Israel through
Abraham. If our father Abraham tithed to the type of Jesus - should not we
also? George Muller and LeTourneau each gave over 90% of their income to
God. They lived on the bare necessities, and directed all else into the
Kingdom of God. We have many testimonies for both those who obey as well as
those who disobey this example. My wife Marie and I have consistently been
on the former side, having but one lapse on my part - but which we soon made
up.

 When a nation like Sodom and Gomorrah slip into pride and homosexuality, we
soon see God's thinking on this. Our nation - the United States - is fast
falling into the dangerous syndrome of Sodom! And God is no respecter of
nations. Our nation is playing foot-loose-and-fancy-free - and for such
there is always pay-day some day!

 It is important to note however, that Genesis 12 and 15 are *not* the
covenant chapter. That awaits chapter 17 in the next reading. And yet, it is
important to see in chapter 15 that God reveals Himself to Abram as His *
shield* and exceeding great reward. God is for each one of us a 7-fold
shield and a 7-fold hedge. Pastor Mike Servello has written a book on this -
“God's Shield of Protection - Learning to Pray Seven Powerful Shields of
Protection Around Your Life” - *<www.mzm.org> *. My wife Marie has helped
scores to receive this most helpful volume.

 May the Lord use the life of Abraham for each one of us to move into a
higher realm of faith. J.A.W.

 *TO UNSUBSCRIBE – Please email: **
jmbetter-unsubscribe at skagitattic.no-ip.org*

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES – Web:** **