Ezekiel - Overview

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon May 18 15:08:42 PDT 2009

   *EZEKIEL - OVERVIEW - T3401R*

*“GOD'S GLORY: SEEN IN BOTH GOODNESS & SEVERITY”*

 *1. 3:1 (1-3 ASV '01) PREPARATION AND CALL OF EZEKIEL. “And he said unto
me, Son of man, eat that which you find; eat this roll, and go, speak unto
the house of Israel.” *Like Ezekiel Father, we would become one with Your
word! We would partake of Your divine nature by acting upon Your great and
exceeding precious promises! Cooperation will be our watchword! *Hallowed be
your :name.*

 *2. 12:25 (4-24) JERUSALEM TO BE JUDGED. “For I am Jehovah; I will speak,
and the word that I speak shall be performed; it shall be no more deferred:
for in your days, O rebellious house, will I speak the word and will perform
it, says the Lord Jehovah.” *Father, Your awe and fear falls upon us with
such words. May we profit from them! May we not fall into the sin of
Jerusalem! *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. 26:14 (25-32) JUDGMENTS ON SEVEN ADJOINING NATIONS. “And I will make
you a bare rock; you shall be a place for the spreading of nets; you shall
be built no more: for I Jehovah have spoken it, says the Lord
Jehovah.” *Father,
Your judgments are just, terrible and complete; if not in this life, they
shall surely show up in the next. Yet in justice You remember mercy, and
Your judgments actually reveal Your mercy! *Your :will be done, As in
heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 34:2 (33-34) FALSE SHEPHERDS VERSUS GOOD SHEPHERDS. “Son of man,
prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, even
to the shepherds, Thus says the Lord Jehovah: Woe unto the shepherds of
Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the
sheep?” *Father,
forgive us for selfishness, carelessness and professionalism. We are all
shepherds, at least to our own families, and then to Your Community, Your
extended hand. *Our :daily :bread Give us this day.* * *

 *5. 37:10 (35-37) VALLEY OF DRY BONES. “So I prophesied as he commanded me,
and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet,
an exceeding great army.” *Father, we see each individual soldier as a city
church, as the whole body of believers of each local congregation in the
city. *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 39:2 (38-39) GOD AND MAGOG DESTROYED: ISRAEL EXALTED. “And I will turn
you about, and will lead you on, and will cause you to come up from the
uttermost parts of the north; and I will bring you upon the mountains of
Israel.” *Just as You brought and will bring judgment upon natural Israel,
so You have and will always deliver us and Your Messianic Community from the
plans of Satan. *And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 40:2 (40-48) FINAL TEMPLE, WORSHIP AND CITY. “In the visions of God he
brought me into the land of Israel, and set me down upon a very high
mountain, on which was as it were the frame of a city on the south.” *A
temple, a city and the land! These were important in the times of Israel.
They are even more important to us as antitypes. Because of these visions,
we stand yet more solidly in our faith in You! *But deliver us from the evil
one.*

 *NOTE**: *This Book of 48 chapters has much in it to consider. But consider
Chapter 12 verse 25. This verse became important to me in June 1992, when
Marie and I attended a 5 week seminar in Jerusalem.

 Before we left the USA, the Spirit alerted me: “*I am going to speak to you
when you are in Jerusalem on Shavuot, the Day of :Pentecost.” *Seldom does
this happen, but on that year the Solar Feast of Pentecost coincided with
the Lunar Feast of Shavuot, the Jewish equivalent for the same event. But -
more than that - June 6th of that year was the 25th Anniversary of the Fall
of Jerusalem back into the hands of Israel! These 3 coinciding events will
not coincide again! One million Jews from the Diaspora gathered together at
that time to celebrate these three great events.

 We celebrated it too. I attended a synagogue service till 2:00 AM, as a
guest speaker took us through the Book of Ruth. Then at 5:00 AM we went to
the Western Wall for the final celebration. Up to ¼ million Jews gathered by
foot from the various synagogues of Jerusalem, each group carrying its
respective Torah Scroll. At the close, as all departed, we walked back to
our Hotel past the King David Hotel.

 I had expected God to speak to me as we all gathered at the Western Wall.
But when we passed the Gate of Zion He said to me, *“This day My decree has
gone forth from My Throne. Time as you know it shall speed up for the next 5
years. That you might know that this is truly My Word, read Ezekiel 12:25.”*

 In the next 5 years we indeed saw evidence of God's fulfillment of this
word. It was in July of this same year that in vision Marie and I had a
visitation from George Hawtin of the '48 Revival. He told us that he was too
old to lead in another visitation, but because we were with him from
1945-48, we knew the prophecies and principles of that time. He was passing
the “Torch” to us. *“Take it,” *he said,* “and bring the 12 Embryonic
Revival Principles of 1948 to maturity. They shall be parameters of safety
for the last great revival before the Return of God's Son.”*

 And - it was Jesus who said at the return of Jerusalem to Israel in 1967 -
*“This generation shall not pass away, till all things be fulfilled!”* And -
a generation is anywhere from 40 to 100 years. That timing is rapidly coming
to a close. If there seems to be a delay here, remember that *“A day with
the Lord is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as a day!” *- J.A.W.*
*

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*